Blackburn v QPR match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Blackburn v QPR match thread

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:35 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm
Ewood Park is a real graveyard for us.We may have nicked an unlikely point if Scowen hadn't had another rush of blood to the head( I really don't"t rate this guy TBH).Hope Cameron is fit to play against Brentford. Our lack of goals is still a concern for me.The defence did manfully again today by all accounts, only for it all to come to nothing thanks to Scowen's brainfart. On to the Bees.
Lack of goals???? How many scored per game would make you happy then? One nil wins all season would be great for me!!
Your twisted logic never ceases to amaze :roll:
You what? Ok answer my question then? No loss in eight games since 22nd September. In those eight games scored 12 conceded 2. Please do tell what is there to be concerned about with those stats...what would make you happy, nothing would be my guess...care to argue against those stats?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:59 pm

The first half was fairly even with Blackburn having the best of few chances. in the second half, they were the better side and I don't think we can feel too aggrieved even though the draw was there to be had.

It was a scrappy game with the wind and rain reducing the quality of play. Blackburn are not unlike us in the way they play. Just better on the day.

Not much in the way of stand out performances. The Wall did well again but Scowen was below par, though of course he's not played 90 minutes for a long while. Up front, neither Wells nor Eze got into the game enough.

Overall it wasn't terrible but we can play much better; hopefully against dear, sweet, little Brentford next Saturday

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Damien wrote:
krama wrote:
Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm
Ewood Park is a real graveyard for us.We may have nicked an unlikely point if Scowen hadn't had another rush of blood to the head( I really don't"t rate this guy TBH).Hope Cameron is fit to play against Brentford. Our lack of goals is still a concern for me.The defence did manfully again today by all accounts, only for it all to come to nothing thanks to Scowen's brainfart. On to the Bees.
Lack of goals???? How many scored per game would make you happy then? One nil wins all season would be great for me!!
I have him on block so that I don't have to bother with him: can I guess he has made an 'oh dear me never mind it's only football!' post? Totally clueless. sick

A disappointing result today: unlucky with the late penalty I guess but sounds like we missed Cameron and Hemed. A run of injuries could cause us major issues with the transfer embargo coming up: we need some luck on our side.....
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:

I have him on block so that I don't have to bother with him: can I guess he has made an 'oh dear me never mind it's only football!' post? Totally clueless. sick

A disappointing result today: unlucky with the late penalty I guess but sounds like we missed Cameron and Hemed. A run of injuries could cause us major issues with the transfer embargo coming up: we need some luck on our side.....
For someone who cannot be bothered with me, you have bothered to take a guess on my posts content.Hmmm whistle

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:31 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 pm
White Duck wrote:
Damien wrote:

For someone who cannot be bothered with me, you have bothered to take a guess on my posts content.Hmmm whistle

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:31 pm

well I've seen the penalty and have to say its a 50/50
seen them given like today but the better decision was probably to decline the appeals.....he went over Scowens outstretched leg did he play for the ball ? Yes he clearly did.

But hey ho - we can get them back when at our place....... whistle
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:

You what? Ok answer my question then? No loss in eight games since 22nd September. In those eight games scored 12 conceded 2. Please do tell what is there to be concerned about with those stats...what would make you happy, nothing would be my guess...care to argue against those stats?
Still waiting for your reply to this Damien... whistle
Should be interesting.... :D

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Just to confirm again krama I do not have the 'pleasure' of reading your inane posts when you waste your time quoting yourself: the only time I see them is if other posters quote you. Luckily this is quite rare :D
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 pm

White Duck wrote:
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:

I've tried engaging with him and a couple of others on here... but they aren't really interested in constructive dialogue.I have my theories why, but can't really be arsed to expand on them anymore. Best like you say to ignore them and hope they do the same to me. A point was there today... but it always looked like a tough ask. We nearly always seem to play Blackburn in the cold hard winter as well - a nice sunny day in spring or late summer may give us a better chance :wink: :)

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 pm
White Duck wrote:
Damien wrote:

I've tried engaging with him and a couple of others on here... but they aren't really interested in constructive dialogue.I have my theories why, but can't really be arsed to expand on them anymore. Best like you say to ignore them and hope they do the same to me. A point was there today... but it always looked like a tough ask. We nearly always seem to play Blackburn in the cold hard winter as well - a nice sunny day in spring or late summer may give us a better chance :wink: :)
So you obviously cannot argue with scored 12 conceded 2 in the last 8 games then. Logic not your strong point, I win!! 8)

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Watched the pen on the highlights, and it looks a tad harsh. Be interesting to see what those at the game thought. Harsh way to lose a point.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm
Watched the pen on the highlights, and it looks a tad harsh. Be interesting to see what those at the game thought. Harsh way to lose a point.
It was not harsh. It was a stonewall. Those rose tinted specs at it again eh! :D

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:15 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Damien wrote:
It was not harsh. It was a stonewall. Those rose tinted specs at it again eh! :D
So you were at the game. Please give us the benefit of your firsthand explanation of the incident.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:08 am

dm wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:15 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Damien wrote:
So you were at the game. Please give us the benefit of your firsthand explanation of the incident.
Think the Irony might be lost on him Dm :wink:

Zumerzetoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Zumerzetoopsa » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 am

I think we are dependent on other teams making the running in matches, and rely on a breakaway approach to goal scoring.
Schteve seems happy to concede the majority of possession home and away, but this approach does mean we have to convert the chances we get, so every now and then we will play a team that has a similar approach to us, and we may not get as many chances. I might add, I've not seen any highlights so don't know how it went yesterday, but could that possibly explain things, and the whole approach means you have to have a rock solid defence, which we are closer to now.
Personally I like the way we're playing now, I feel we are always "in" the game from start to finish, and haven't felt that way for ages now. Good squad, but lack of depth will probably mean we're a solid mid-table rather than play-off fodder, it's squeaky tight this season.
Just my rarely posted opinion, please don't shoot!