We were so, so lucky...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

We were so, so lucky...

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Looking at the coverage on Quest we seem to have had only one chance the entire game, while we were pummeled non-stop by Villa for the rest of the match - "I don't know how they did it, but QPR have come out on top".

Still suits me if the opposition think we are scraping lucky wins.

Dean Smith was quoted as saying "another day, we win that one 3-0" - yeah Dean, I think that's the day you get three goals and we don't get one :roll:
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: We were so, so lucky...

Post by Giorgio » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 pm

..wonder what match they watched.....IMO they had a great chance early in the second half, following a free kick and Abraham kicking off from few yards......then not really as many chances....and anyway we had ours too...

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 pm
..wonder what match they watched.....
It obviously wasn't the same match we watched Giorgio!
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:19 am

We had a bit of luck but I wouldn't put it any further than that. Villa struggled to break down our defence and didn't work Lumley much at all. They were a group of individuals; we were a team.

Given the money invested in their team, and strikers in particular, Villa have a lot of work to do.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:28 am

I think they (Villa) played pretty well as a team, actually, but just lacked that cutting edge on the night. Whereas, apart from the last 10 minutes or so, we did struggle to mount a cohesive attacking threat, for all our excellent defensive industry, and mainly played on the counter. They have some quality in Grealish, Abraham and McGinn, and I'm sure they'll be at the business end of the table come April.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 am

Fact is though, you generally don't get to keep a clean sheet without, organization, concentration and 100% commitment.

Why don't journos acknowledge that with us?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:47 am

I think that our superior shots on target gives lie to Smiths assertions about the performance. We hit hit them dangerously on the counter several times throughout the game and could have won by more than one without any luck being involved. Along with several others at the game, we felt that 1-0 would be enough as Villa didn't look like scoring, it's not often that I have felt that, even 2-0 up in some games.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.