Freeman

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Freeman

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm

loonee wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:36 am
Why do players have to wear shin pads anyway (if they do) and when did the rule come in? (I seem to be a bit off the pace - like years off it!) sick
I don't know exactly when the rule was brought in, a while ago for sure, but when I was playing Sunday morning football i was extremely grateful i was wearing them as i had a couple of pads split by lets's say, over zealous tackles (dirty b***rds) which were late and over the top. If Pro's were allowed to not wear them and it filtered down to local football the hospital's would definitely be busier.
I had a polycarbonate shinpad shattered by a lunging two footed tackle in a game I went fücking mental at the bloke and if the ref hadn't sent him off he would have had to send us both off for fighting. As it was my leg went black & blue for over a week. That was a Saturday afternoon game where the standard was supposed to be a little better and teams knew that people had to get to work on a Monday. I gave up Sunday morning games after a few years as a large majority of the players were only interested in hurting you if you were better than them... and generally still pissed from the night before.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.