Paul Smyth

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6372
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Paul Smyth

Post by Devonranger » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:28 pm

I wondered if anyone knew what the current state of play was with this lad - think he has some real talent but, wondered if he is still injured.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12834
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by dm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I don't think he is injured. He played for the NI under 23s in the last international break. He's just not getting picked for the match day squad.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by Satch » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:55 pm

He played in our last u23s game. McClaren just rates Wszolek and BOS ahead of him (and probably Cousins). Hopefully we can get him out on loan in January so he can get some proper playing time under his belt. I agree he looked very promising.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by T-Block » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Agree .we have all watched many forwards over the years and his potential is up there with the best.

User avatar
Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by Hoop'83 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:12 pm

A loan spell somewhere champ or league 1 would do him a lot of good. We’re in a rare position of having a good choice of forwards so unfortunately I can understand why he’s not getting a look in.
@kischmusic

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by the big IP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:34 pm

when i was back in England a few weeks ago, he sat a few seats down from us against Millwall in his NI jacket. looking cheesed off. Didn't even cheer the goals.

Then went to Reading and he was in with the crowd again. Looking miffed.

Not sure where i'm going with this but one would say he is not pleased even getting on the bench.

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5700
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:26 am

Satch wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:55 pm
He played in our last u23s game. McClaren just rates Wszolek and BOS ahead of him (and probably Cousins). Hopefully we can get him out on loan in January so he can get some proper playing time under his belt. I agree he looked very promising.
Not only did he play but he scored in yesterday's 6-2 demolition of Watford. Oteh (2) BOS (2) & Chair the others on the score sheet. Which, yes I know was mentioned in another thread.
Question everything.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 am

I well remember Watford coming to us a few seasons back and running rings round us - we were crap and it didn't go unmentioned by my mates - all Watty supporters.

I wonder how they feel when a "2nd rate" often portrayed Championship Club can run rings round a "leading Premier outfit"?

One for the journo's to ponder :D
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Assuming SMc sticks with the formation and team that has turned our fortunes around then Smyth isn't going to get a look in unless we have a bad run of injuries: he's behind Wells, Smith and BOS for the attacking places on the bench.

Benefit of hindsight we should've loaned him out once we got Hemed and Wells in.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:15 pm
Assuming SMc sticks with the formation and team that has turned our fortunes around then Smyth isn't going to get a look in unless we have a bad run of injuries: he's behind Wells, Smith and BOS for the attacking places on the bench.

Benefit of hindsight we should've loaned him out once we got Hemed and Wells in.
We tried, didn't we? Everyone was up in arms about it.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 am
I well remember Watford coming to us a few seasons back and running rings round us - we were crap and it didn't go unmentioned by my mates - all Watty supporters.

I wonder how they feel when a "2nd rate" often portrayed Championship Club can run rings round a "leading Premier outfit"?

One for the journo's to ponder :D
Well, that's not really what happened is it.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Paul Smyth

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:52 pm

He seems too good a player to be out of the reckoning for a first team place but as the old cliche goes, it's a headache managers don't mind having - a cluster of players competing for a certain spot in the side. His day will come, I hope he can be patient.

Post Reply