Message to 'fans' - give the ball back!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Message to 'fans' - give the ball back!

Post by IJM » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:10 am

Another excellent night at LR last night, but boy o boy do some Rangers 'fans' leave me 'embarrassed'. I agree with slowing the momentum down of the opposing team , but by not returning the ball to the pitch until another one is brought on, or indeed throwing the ball directly at an opposing player or throwing it 30 metres in the opposite direction is an embarrassment to the club and its true fans.

i travel up and down the country following the Rangers and I cannot honestly recall an incident where I have witnessed this elsewhere , so can we grow up please ?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Message to 'fans' - give the ball back!

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 am

IJM wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:10 am
Another excellent night at LR last night, but boy o boy do some Rangers 'fans' leave me 'embarrassed'. I agree with slowing the momentum down of the opposing team , but by not returning the ball to the pitch until another one is brought on, or indeed throwing the ball directly at an opposing player or throwing it 30 metres in the opposite direction is an embarrassment to the club and its true fans.

i travel up and down the country following the Rangers and I cannot honestly recall an incident where I have witnessed this elsewhere , so can we grow up please ?
Maybe they don't realise that that time gets added on in any case?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:17 am

The authorities are currently looking at ways to curtail time wasting but seem unwilling or unable to address the deliberate cheating. They are looking at things like allowing free kicks to be taken with a moving ball and allowing goalkicks to be passed to a team mate in the box. These things are irrelevent compared to the outrageous antics of some teams.
On the better side they are considering no subs to be made in stoppage time and substituted players compelled to leave the pitch via the nearest touchline.
They seem frightened to tell refs to book and/or send off blatant timewasters.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:14 am

IJM wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:10 am

I have a puerile sense of humour so I find it funny. Plus it makes LR more intimidating imo.

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:47 am

It's certainly embarrassing, and (if you believe in the butterfly effect) does affect the outcome. Remember Burnley in 2008? We were 2-0 up and comfortable. It's nearly half time and Burnley get a free-kick just outside the box. Andy Cole went to our supporters to retrieve the ball and some kid threw the ball over Cole's head - cue laughter and shouts of "w@nker" at Cole. Cole then predictably scores direct from the free-kick (good on him, tbf) but then goes on to score two more in the second half, contributing to a 4-2 win. I honestly think that if that kid hadn't f*cked around with the ball, and the crowd hadn't wound up Cole, we would have won the match as we'd been in control until then.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Does anyone else remember Marcus Bignot telling fans to throw the ball away to waste time when he was going to take a throw in? He would then look at the ref and give an innocent shrug :lol:
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 am

I too get infuriated by this, we need to knock a few seconds off the clock and some idiot in the crowd throws the ball straight back into play - :x :lol:

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 am

It just needs a common sense approach, fans have a part to play.

Obviously if we are losing get the ball back in play ASAP.

If we are winning and the ball comes your way go to throw it back but drop it. Pick it up slowly and throw it back badly over the players head.

Keeping hold of the ball for ages is dumb as is throwing it miles away in the wrong direction.

Be subtle, give our players long enough to set and just annoy the opposition a little.

Patch
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Patch » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:41 pm

I also enjoy it and thought it was funny when Eustace got in on the act against Derby.