tonight's crowd

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

tonight's crowd

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 pm

16,000 odd in tonight, officially - even with the strong away support, it didn't quite look like it on camera. Lower Loft sporadically occupied as usual owing to the ground's socioeconomic engineering, though the club advised there were precisely 64 seats left before the game. It was a happy night, but it's irksome - do clubs just make this kind of thing up for tax evasion purposes?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Soops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: tonight's crowd

Post by Soops » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Don’t have Sky so I was toggling between LFW and BBC live text - what sort of reception/ songs were delivered for captain/racist/w@nker?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Ellerslie Road seemed busier than usual in the concourse: it was gridlocked at HT! Good turn out tonight.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Unused season ticket are counted towards the figure, as are unused match tickets that have been sold. The crowd figures are basically the amount of seats sold whether they are filled or not. I guessed at around 15.5K even with the family stand half empty.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Soops wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm
Don’t have Sky so I was toggling between LFW and BBC live text - what sort of reception/ songs were delivered for captain/racist/w@nker?
The usual squalid chants about his mum's (supposed) profession.... He was a vagina and the crowd knew what he said....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 pm
Soops wrote:
The usual squalid chants about his mum's (supposed) profession.... He was a vagina and the crowd knew what he said....
Squalid, no doubt, but not more squalid than their target. Terry deserves all he gets for his countless sins. As for his dear old mum, I could care less.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Incidentally, where was the white c*nt tonight? Injured, retired, or just scared to appear?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:19 pm
Incidentally, where was the white c*nt tonight? Injured, retired, or just scared to appear?
I took my seat in the Ellerslie as usual at around 7.30 and he was on the pitch in a black tracksuit with white trainers and I was surprised that fellow R's around me hadn't noticed or even cared as he was getting no stick whatsoever.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:02 am

IJM wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:19 pm
I took my seat in the Ellerslie as usual at around 7.30 and he was on the pitch in a black tracksuit with white trainers and I was surprised that fellow R's around me hadn't noticed or even cared as he was getting no stick whatsoever.
He was picked up by the Sky cameras a couple of times, when I thought he looked a bit 'lost'. There was a tabloid piece yesterday afternoon, suggesting that he does not see eye to eye with the new manager. Maybe there is some truth in that. As for the crowd, all I heard on TV about JT was 'We know what you said'. Late in the game, there was an apology from the commentators about the bad language that viewers may have heard, but, that was probably unconnected with the presence of JT.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:04 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:15 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Soops wrote:
Squalid, no doubt, but not more squalid than their target. Terry deserves all he gets for his countless sins. As for his dear old mum, I could care less.
I like "banter" or baiting players at matches but defending that level of abuse last night is not right mate...

We're supposed to be a family club.... You should be ashamed
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:11 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:04 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:

I like "banter" or baiting players at matches but defending that level of abuse last night is not right mate...

Agreed. Abuse Terry all you want, but bringing his Mum into it is infantile and offensive.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:11 am
Systemsguy wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Agreed. Abuse Terry all you want, but bringing his Mum into it is infantile and offensive.
Possibly, but she did bring that horrible individual into this world so she deserves some blame!

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:47 am

loonee wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:11 am
Systemsguy wrote:

Possibly, but she did bring that horrible individual into this world so she deserves some blame!
:lol:

Isn't part of the pleasure of being alive (and a football fan) being sometimes 'infantile and offensive'?