Shall we sack the manager

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Shall we sack the manager

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 am

Damien wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm
Brighton are playing like the away team at home in the Prem, but still getting the points... according to the illuminati on the Beeb.
There is obviously a wider gap between the 'haves' and 'have nots' in the Prem but if the likes of Brighton try to take on Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal etc with an open passing possession based game then 99 times out of 100 they will get thrashed.

Villa are one of the 'haves' in our division so it made sense to play the way we did.... And it worked.
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:50 am

krama wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:59 am
deadendjob wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 pm

Jesus. Don't be so edgy. I'm not slagging the team off, just discussing what we could do better
Don't hold your breath! whistle
Tell you what, you hold YOUR breath and I'll tell you when to breath out again! :D
Ha ha - that's actually quite funny (for you).

I now look forward to the day you take a joke against yourself - it might help you to relax a bit. :wink:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:53 am
I wish YOU'd stop exaggerating people's (fantasised) exaggerations when I and others are mainly seeking to provide balanced comment - praising what was good, while qualifying that praise sensibly and constructively critically. If you don't agree, fine, but these crass misrepresentations from the usual suspects are becoming both childish and tedious now. Even the manager said post-match we need to be better at looking after the ball. Talk about selective (mis)reading and seeing what you want to see in others! Never mind!

PS Go and read some Milan Kundera - 'love is continuous interrogation'!
Your reincarnation as the board's voice of reason now we've won a few games is something to behold.

Balanced comment is always welcome as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame there was so little of it about back in August when we'd lost the first 4 games, and you were shouting down anyone offering a scintilla of hope, and wanting to punch players and management.

Congratulations on your rehabilitation though.
Like Dr Who, I reincarnate regularly!

Thanks for the patronising congratulations in the meantime.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:33 am

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:05 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:
I wish YOU'd stop exaggerating people's (fantasised) exaggerations when I and others are mainly seeking to provide balanced comment - praising what was good, while qualifying that praise sensibly and constructively critically. If you don't agree, fine, but these crass misrepresentations from the usual suspects are becoming both childish and tedious now. Even the manager said post-match we need to be better at looking after the ball. Talk about selective (mis)reading and seeing what you want to see in others! Never mind!

Balanced comment is always welcome as far as I'm concerned.
And yet a lot of balanced comment is being shot down at the moment by those who can't take constructive opinions on the team and see it as 'finding negatives'....
Well they're clearly not reading enough Milan Kundera.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:30 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Your reincarnation as the board's voice of reason now we've won a few games is something to behold.

Balanced comment is always welcome as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame there was so little of it about back in August when we'd lost the first 4 games, and you were shouting down anyone offering a scintilla of hope, and wanting to punch players and management.

Congratulations on your rehabilitation though.
Like Dr Who, I reincarnate regularly!

Thanks for the patronising congratulations in the meantime.
So are you female at the moment? That would explain a lot! :lol:

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Bizarre - you've lost me there! But if keeps you laughing away at yourself as you love to do . . .

QPR-CMOB
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR-CMOB » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Shame but hardly surprising that this thread like so many others just gets lost in bickering.
So to get back on topic no obviously not . It should not have been a discussion after so few games at the start of the season as that would have been like so many previous decisions taken as something of a knee jerk reaction.
Even with this good run safety and avoiding a relegation battle should still remain the goal so even if a bad run follows in the next few weeks this club needs to stay the course. SMC is clearly doing a good job as is evident by changing our style somewhat , at long last also adding some width to our player , but he and his staff have also made us much more solid at the back. Games like Villa shows a level of preparedness and tactical understanding as frankly the most overrated stat in modern day football is possession.QPR had a game plan and executed it wonderfully.
My only gripe would be the notion that SMC was brought here to develop our young talent . Much of our recent success has followed the contributions of those we brought on loan not on the younger players seemingly contradicting what SMC remit was.
HAD ENOUGH OF THE COWBOYS .... QPR NEED THE INDIANS.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 pm

QPR-CMOB wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 pm
Shame but hardly surprising that this thread like so many others just gets lost in bickering.
So to get back on topic no obviously not . It should not have been a discussion after so few games at the start of the season as that would have been like so many previous decisions taken as something of a knee jerk reaction.
Even with this good run safety and avoiding a relegation battle should still remain the goal so even if a bad run follows in the next few weeks this club needs to stay the course. SMC is clearly doing a good job as is evident by changing our style somewhat , at long last also adding some width to our player , but he and his staff have also made us much more solid at the back. Games like Villa shows a level of preparedness and tactical understanding as frankly the most overrated stat in modern day football is possession.QPR had a game plan and executed it wonderfully.
My only gripe would be the notion that SMC was brought here to develop our young talent . Much of our recent success has followed the contributions of those we brought on loan not on the younger players seemingly contradicting what SMC remit was.
Of course the manager's position was up for discussion after our worse ever start to a season and the 7-1 and 0-3: football is a results business. Happily for SMc he managed to grind out the Wigan win and it's been largely positive since then so credit to him and his team for turning it around.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 pm

QPR-CMOB wrote:
Think you might be confusing bickering with banter...it's just banter, that's all it is.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:33 am

krama wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 pm
QPR-CMOB wrote:
Think you might be confusing bickering with banter...it's just banter, that's all it is.
Banter:

noun - the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

verb - exchange remarks in a good-humoured teasing way.

Bicker:

verb - argue about petty and trivial matters.

Without wishing to be too DaveF-esque I think C-MOB may have a point. :wink:
Question everything.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:18 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:33 am
krama wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 pm
QPR-CMOB wrote:
Banter:

noun - the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

verb - exchange remarks in a good-humoured teasing way.

Bicker:

verb - argue about petty and trivial matters.

Without wishing to be too DaveF-esque I think C-MOB may have a point. :wink:
Cheers for that.
Errr...nope, still banter. :?

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by northernr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:35 am

If you want to banter/bicker then I assume you can do this through messenger or something..just s thought

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 am

There's always been a certain level of bickering/banter on here just as there are on other football fans MBs. However, in recent month it's become particularly tiresome. There are other ways to carry on an online argument that keep it to those involved, including on this board.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:49 pm

northernr wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:35 am
If you want to banter/bicker then I assume you can do this through messenger or something..just s thought
What is SO wrong with a bit of banter on here...are things taken that seriously here that a bit of light relief has to be conducted elsewhere as you suggest.
Oh and just to reiterate, from my own standpoint, it is just banter nothing else. Lighten up folks for goodness sake! :roll:

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by northernr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 am

I agree with DM some of the banter borders on downright abuse. Maybe it should go in the non QPR section...