How good is it to be described as “in form QPR”

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

How good is it to be described as “in form QPR”

Post by nic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Bloody brilliant.

Keep it up!

I think Cameron in the middle is key.

A proper prem player that protects the back 4 and allows the rest of the midfield to be creative.

We have missed that for a long time.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: How good is it to be described as “in form QPR”

Post by krama » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm

:like

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:40 am

Cameron did do a solid job in there - hope his hamstring is not to severe to keep him out of the next games, although Josh Scowen came in for a very useful cameo as sub.

Had to say the QPR Twitter feed about the form table made me nervous going into the game - come to expect a fall and bump round the corner with Rangers from time to time ......

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am

Discussing it outside after the game most felt that Cameron had his poorest game for us so far, but to his credit he and Luongo did a number on Greasy Jack, stifling his effectiveness in areas which could have hurt us. He gave away a lot of passes and several could have been problematical if our confidence had been low. He was still a solid 7/10 so I am not being too critical of him, or any of our players. Last night was a further sign that we are getting our Rangers back wrt playing the QPR way. SMC and his team have really turned things around, more than I could have thought possible so full credit where it is due.
It also time for the fans to do their bit too, start coming back to support the team. Last night and the game against the Owls showed what a positive influence the crowd can have on the teams display. The atmosphere last night was better than any we have had for a few years and the players acknowledged that at the end. It helps that Joe Lumley acts like a fan when we score and celebrates just like any of those in the stands.
Get to Loftus Road, get behind the team. I feel a top half finish is within our grasp if we all pull together.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

I thought Cameron was very good last night (they all were tbf) but I particularly liked the way he always left a bit in on Grealish and was always niggling him off the ball as well. Just a bit of nastiness you need in this division (a la Derry). He also hit the pass for the goal, a great ball after a good advantage by the ref had villa on their heels expecting the whistle.

But anyway in answer to the OP original question - yes it feels great! Hopefully overbthe coming months it can stick...or even evolve into "high flying QPR" :D

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Cameron has been another great signing: all that talk about him not wanting to head the ball because of a previous injury has proved to be rubbish. I thought he played well on Friday, slightly better than Luongo but they both did well and are deservedly ahead of Scowen and Cousins.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 pm

If I had thought of it in time a few choruses of
"Greasy Jack, Greasy Jack,
get off your back, get outta town,
stop falling down. just goooooo" might have sounded good on the TV :D
*a song for older viewers LOL
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am
It also time for the fans to do their bit too, start coming back to support the team. Last night and the game against the Owls showed what a positive influence the crowd can have on the teams display. The atmosphere last night was better than any we have had for a few years and the players acknowledged that at the end. It helps that Joe Lumley acts like a fan when we score and celebrates just like any of those in the stands.
Get to Loftus Road, get behind the team. I feel a top half finish is within our grasp if we all pull together.
..you're right...best atmosphere for ages last Friday.....surely it is all linked....players showing the fighting spirit and the crowd supporting them...and then the players giving more...and on and on...growing together.... aniclap aniclap aniclap

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am
Discussing it outside after the game most felt that Cameron had his poorest game for us so far, but to his credit he and Luongo did a number on Greasy Jack, stifling his effectiveness in areas which could have hurt us. He gave away a lot of passes and several could have been problematical if our confidence had been low. He was still a solid 7/10 so I am not being too critical of him, or any of our players. Last night was a further sign that we are getting our Rangers back wrt playing the QPR way. SMC and his team have really turned things around, more than I could have thought possible so full credit where it is due.
I thought he looked more stretched, but that is fair enough as we were playing a team with more talent than most of the league (even if it is not clicking right now). Villa looked creative and strong in the first 20 mins. What impressed me was how we found a way to stop them and keep a clean sheet. Cameron is not the quickest, but has better position sense than, say, Scowen, and that counted for a lot. Our back four is getting much better protection than it used to, which helps to explain the clean sheets. Anyone know how long Cameron will be out for?