Villa Match Thread 26.10.18

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Villa Match Thread 26.10.18

Post by White Duck » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm
That game went exactly to plan tonight, and conceding overall possession is something we are comfortable with. Our form over 11 games suggest that the manager and coaching staff are getting a lot of things right, well done to them all.
Exactly right re the game plan: with the quality in their side on paper we were never going to match them for possession but we were quite content to let Grealish mess around with it in the centre of the pitch and we restricted them to very few real chances and we looked dangerous on the break as well.

Considering each of their forwards probably cost them more than our whole team they were piss poor and deserved to lose.
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Greyhound wrote:
That game went exactly to plan tonight, and conceding overall possession is something we are comfortable with. Our form over 11 games suggest that the manager and coaching staff are getting a lot of things right, well done to them all.
Lasst eleven is pushing it - or are you forgetting the debacle at Blackpool, and the depressing game at Swansea, in September. But things have certainly looked up in October to say the least. We have a platform now and some evidence of real teamwork and togetherness - though we will still need to score more.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Lasst eleven is pushing it - or are you forgetting the debacle at Blackpool, and the depressing game at Swansea, in September. But things have certainly looked up in October to say the least. We have a platform now and some evidence of real teamwork and togetherness - though we will still need to score more.
Wanker
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:10 pm

I would delete that or we may not see you on the board for a couple of weeks....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:10 pm
I would delete that or we may not see you on the board for a couple of weeks....
Please do. Then I don't have to listen to the negativity of so called fans

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
He means the last 11 league games. We've won 7, drawn 2 and lost 2. But by all means focus on Blackpool if it makes you happy.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:13 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Two thirds of my post was postive- or perhaps you can't read. I'll be fascinated to see the mod's response, given my own warning for less where the irreedemably low self-esteem/passive aggression of krama is concerned. Meanwhile, feel free to abuse me from your safe little keyboard and make yourself look like a very lonely and unhappy fan who probably needs therapy! I can only feel sorry for such anxiety-laden sad sacks, who will probably never grasp (let alone enjoy) that QPR is a broad church, not a cult of conformity. How truly insecure in their tiny world/word-view must anyone be to abuse a fellow supporter for his different and reasoned angle on the club's fortunes!
Last edited by stainrod's elbow on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
He means the last 11 league games. We've won 7, drawn 2 and lost 2. But by all means focus on Blackpool if it makes you happy.
Who's 'focussing' on anything - my corrective was in service of accuracy and the avoidance of exaggeration! But, if makes you feel insecure to look at the fuller picture, there's an 'ignore' feature you can use, and all will be well again in your happy clappy world!

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
BiscuitRanger wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:13 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Two thirds of my post was postive- or perhaps you can't read. I'll be fascinated to see the mod's response, given my own warning for less where the irreedemably low self-esteem/passive aggression of krama is concerned. Meanwhile, feel free to abuse me from your safe little keyboard and make yourself look like a very lonely and unhappy fan who probably needs therapy! I can only feel sorry for such anxiety-laden sad sacks, who will probably never grasp (let alone enjoy) that QPR is a broad church, not a cult of conformity. How truly insecure in their tiny world/word-view must anyone be to abuse a fellow supporter for his different and reasoned angle on the club's fortunes!
My apologies to the moderators, and Drew in particular. Stain paints for someone obviously as educated as yourself, I'm so pleased you take a distorted sense of self-righteouness in your 2/3rds delusion of support . You are nothing of interest to me or true fans. Go suck on a small sour cow, it will placate you in ways that shouldn't be shared publicly. Don't drag Krama into this, imbecile?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Who's 'focussing' on anything - my corrective was in service of accuracy and the avoidance of exaggeration! But, if makes you feel insecure to look at the fuller picture, there's an 'ignore' feature you can use, and all will be well again in your happy clappy world!
Yes, talking about Blackpool and Swansea is "looking at the fuller picture", while those of us looking at the last 11 league games are insecure, happy clappers. Do you ever listen to yourself ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:05 am

Wanker
Spot on, and it needs to be said. I was laughing at the thought that there are actually some attention seekers who are actually not enjoying the euphoria that comes after a series of performances like that. Four wins out of 5, seven out of 11 - and that after the horror of our first four games. This is promotion form and I have absolutely no sympathy for or interest in those who still find things to moan about. Jog on.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:49 am

I won't lower myself to your frankly vile and verbally violent level. If you think the dot.org is a forum to crassly abuse fellow fans for having the temerity to slightly qualify over-the top praise, and then compound it by saying that's all fine and dandy, you are truly in need of help. Or just pity.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 am

Three wins in a week, two against decent opposition, one live in front of the Sky cameras, no goals conceded. It doesn't get much better than that, so cue a harmonious message board...at least you would think / hope so. :roll:
Question everything.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:16 am

One concern for me all game (although as we all know, worked out well in the end) was that we allowed Grealish to dictate the play and run freely all game. I thought in the second half we'd have closed him down but we let him go

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:28 am

Think we allowed Villa the ball in certain areas of the pitch when we were out of possession - players worked really hard to make sure we had defensive shape - occasional pressing during transition, leaving Grealish and McGinn fewer opportunities to run in behind our midfield.

Job well done.