Villa Match Thread 26.10.18

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Villa Match Thread 26.10.18

Post by Paul Fitz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 am

The aggressiveness on this board really is a write to behold.

After the misery that was the start of the season it’s good to smile again about Rangers. Haven’t felt this way in a few years. If more misery is around the corner, so be it but for the time being, just nice to feel smug.
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Virginia_R

Post by Virginia_R » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:25 am

Play nice, kids - or you'll be send to your room with no internet.

We won, and won well. Enjoy it.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:28 am
Think we allowed Villa the ball in certain areas of the pitch when we were out of possession - players worked really hard to make sure we had defensive shape - occasional pressing during transition, leaving Grealish and McGinn fewer opportunities to run in behind our midfield.

Job well done.
It was similar against Wednesday earlier in the week, Bannon was given the freedom to do what he wanted within his own half but wasn't allowed to get much further than that. Grealish, looking like a Poundland Ronaldo, got into slightly more advanced positions but overall I thought we did a good job on him.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am

Crabsandwich wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am
Devonranger wrote:
Think we allowed Villa the ball in certain areas of the pitch when we were out of possession - players worked really hard to make sure we had defensive shape - occasional pressing during transition, leaving Grealish and McGinn fewer opportunities to run in behind our midfield.

Job well done.
It was similar against Wednesday earlier in the week, Bannon was given the freedom to do what he wanted within his own half but wasn't allowed to get much further than that. Grealish, looking like a Poundland Ronaldo, got into slightly more advanced positions but overall I thought we did a good job on him.
That's how I saw it CS. We are very good without the ball and, as on Tuesday, our shape and organisation in defence was exemplary. That Villa had such a high percentage of possession but worked Lumley on relatively few occasions is testament to that.

We transition into our defensive formation really well but going the other way needs some more work - though given we score and our opposition doesn't means we're doing something right.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 am

a Poundland Ronaldo
That's very nice :D

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:07 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am
Crabsandwich wrote:
Devonranger wrote:

Job well done.
That's how I saw it CS. We are very good without the ball and, as on Tuesday, our shape and organisation in defence was exemplary. That Villa had such a high percentage of possession but worked Lumley on relatively few occasions is testament to that.

We transition into our defensive formation really well but going the other way needs some more work - though given we score and our opposition doesn't means we're doing something right.
Agree with all this.

I also think we could use the pace and threat of BOS to close out games and give us another outlet: take Eze off, move Freeman into the centre and get BOS running at them. Though obviously we have managed to win 3 games without doing this in the last week!
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:07 pm
dm wrote:
Crabsandwich wrote:

Agree with all this.

I also think we could use the pace and threat of BOS to close out games and give us another outlet: take Eze off, move Freeman into the centre and get BOS running at them. Though obviously we have managed to win 3 games without doing this in the last week!
Just proves that the manager knows better than know it all fans. :lol:

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm
White Duck wrote:
dm wrote:

Agree with all this.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:26 pm

krama wrote:
White Duck wrote:
dm wrote:

Agree with all this.

You just can't stop digging out people can you.

Pathetic.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:26 pm
krama wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Agree with all this.

Pathetic.
Thought you said you couldn't see quotes! :mrgreen:

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm
White Duck wrote:
krama wrote:

Pathetic.
Thought you said you couldn't see quotes! :mrgreen:

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:12 pm

White Duck wrote:
krama wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Agree with all this.

Pathetic.
It's some kind of sickness with him and his one or two puerile supporters, I'm sorry to say. Quite common with people who basically lack self-esteem.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star