Favourite Loftus Road moments...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Favourite Loftus Road moments...

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm

It's an English word that is centuries old and is a lot less offensive than some of the abuse thrown at Chris Ramsey & JFH when they were our managers. Get over it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm

krama wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:57 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Nice! Must put that in my will - 'scatter my ashes in the Ellerslie bogs'! It's the one or two on here with immoderate/unmoderated mouths like sewers that I'd be allocating those death rites to.
Cannot argue with that.. using the c word for example on here is unacceptable. Trouble is it never gets moderated.
It's just banter though, surely.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 pm

There is far too much swearing going on in general. On certain American TV shows virtually the entire dialogue consists of the f and c word. I don't mind the odd swear word adding emphasis to an argument or point, but it's not necessary if one is possessed of a decent vocabulary.
I've given up speaking to people where I live as their conversation is mostly swear words and the English words are so badly pronounced, I can't understand what they are saying.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
krama wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:57 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Nice! Must put that in my will - 'scatter my ashes in the Ellerslie bogs'! It's the one or two on here with immoderate/unmoderated mouths like sewers that I'd be allocating those death rites to.
Cannot argue with that.. using the c word for example on here is unacceptable. Trouble is it never gets moderated.
It's just banter though, surely.
No it isn't. I manage to banter on here without resorting to using any swear word. I am certainly not averse to the odd swear word when necessary, but certainly not on here or in a public place. Shows a complete lack of class.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 pm
There is far too much swearing going on in general. On certain American TV shows virtually the entire dialogue consists of the f and c word. I don't mind the odd swear word adding emphasis to an argument or point, but it's not necessary if one is possessed of a decent vocabulary.
I've given up speaking to people where I live as their conversation is mostly swear words and the English words are so badly pronounced, I can't understand what they are saying.
My thoughts exactly. Nail on the head. aniclap

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Bob Hazell sprinting 40 yards to power a header past the Bristol Rovers goalie.

The crowd went wild with delight.

A popular dude was our Bobby

Docherty era around 1980

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:59 pm

the football results in 5pm in the car with James Alexander Gordon

exactly, the whole of my life seemed to have been centred around listing to him wonderful voice etc Grandstand, Jumpers for goalposts etc

My feeling is the seasons never really started until its a night game and the waft of smelly onions cooking outside the ground....

I'm afraid I'm going to take this to "old-fart" status and that was some years back watching the Morgan Twins down the wings....I remember asking my dad " are they really twins?" I'd never seen twins in real life before....circa 1964 - 5....Alex Stock on the touchline :shock:

Rangers away at Watford and Venables complaining about the slope.....my Watty mates wet themselves, the more I tried to convince them there was a slope at Vicarage Road the more they laughed, then of course Stan and Glen Roeder being interviewed on "Midweek Sports Special" one evening, we'd just beaten Watty, Stan scored 1 and Roeder a clever drag back and slotted it in. Being interviewed afterwards and Roeder admits it took a lot of skill and the commentator admits it was very skillful for a centre back..

"What you've got to realise", pipes up Stan - "is there's only 2 people in the world that can do that, and I taught Glen"

Magical stuff, never forgotten it......
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:26 pm

That was 1979/80, yes - about 2 months before Stan went to Forest? Remember the game (my mum's Watford-supporting friends the Billinghams took me - I had a bit of a crush on their slightly older daughter, Gail), but strangely I don't remember the goals that well, though Glenn Roeder is etched on my mind. Do remember Gail's kid brother getting the words to Video Killed The Radio Star wrong in the car, and her correcting him in a superior big sister way. Special times.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 pm

On certain American TV shows virtually the entire dialogue consists of the f and c word
Could you name them please, because I think that would make for interesting TV

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 am

Having a total black out with my mate in 1999. Wondering why so many Crystal Palace fans had tickets for the home end and all of a sudden it hit us that we were queing up at the away end. 2 blue and white hooped shirts amongst a mass of Palace shirts! Fair play to them though, we didn't get any aggro. Beat them 6-0 that day and stayed up! :D

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 pm

A more recent one...

2014. Early evening game against Man City. Austin scores early and the atmosphere is really bouncing then Joe Hart takes a goal kick and mishits it straight to Austin and he puts it straight back in and we all think it's 2-0 after less than 30 minutes. The let down, Hart says he's double kicked it, Mike Dean agrees and the goal is disallowed. I still think it's unfair now. It's us against them and the ref from there on, we are the better team and deserve the win but then Aguero scores after he handballs a long ball into the area. It's as clear as anything but that idiot Dean misses it and allows the goal. Finishes 2-2 which we'd all have settled for before kickoff but it feels like we've been robbed. Big club, small club - know your place.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:13 am

Wegerle wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 am
Having a total black out with my mate in 1999. Wondering why so many Crystal Palace fans had tickets for the home end and all of a sudden it hit us that we were queing up at the away end. 2 blue and white hooped shirts amongst a mass of Palace shirts! Fair play to them though, we didn't get any aggro. Beat them 6-0 that day and stayed up! :D
Two sent off for Palace, one was their Chinese players I think. Kiwomya hat-trick. I've never forgiven the Palace fans for releasing a stack of black balloons at the beginning of that match, presumably trying to signify it was our funeral. 6-0 was karma. 8)
Question everything.

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:43 am

Ray Wilkins diving header as we beat Spurs 4-1 after Sheringham put them 1-0 up at HT.
Boxing Day 1982 Chelsea at home. Mental game, Chelsea everywhere and we lose 2-0. We win the league and beat them away. Beating them 1-0 in 2011, Boswanker off, Drogba off, penalty scored. I’ve never laughed so much. Mate said he heard the raw at FT in Acton. Standing in the away end behind the goal in the reverse fixture and celebrating our goal and no one batting an eye lid.
Sorry in advance.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am

A midweek goal and a cross going over Seaman to the far post for Ian Rush to rise and head downwards for a certain goal. Harry arches backwards and manages to palm the ball up and over the crossbar for a corner. Better than Gordon Banks' save from Pele, a view shared by a Liverpool supporting friend who was right in front of the save at the School End and said it was a real talking point on the way out of the ground. It was one of those moments of greatness that few are privileged to see live.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Around the pole at half time - Proper half time entertainment

Being 14 and stood behind the goal and before a corner was taken asking Roy Wegerle if he was going to Arsenal and him replying "No Way"

QPR 4 Forest 3 1993. Sir Les hat-trick

England B v France B David Ginola hitting a ludicrous shot from near the half way line which hit the underside of the crossbar crossed the line and bounced out. Not given.

Playing in the supporters club 6 a side and saving the winning penalty to put the Northampton R's through to the Cup stage of the tournament. My favourite ever personal sporting moment. Getting changed in the home dressing room, walking through the tunnel to the pitch. Got to live the dream.

Being in line with a Mark Falco spin & volley which rocketed in vs Sunderland (I think)

Trev's overhead kick (Obvs)

Seeing the joy on the faces of the Vauxhall Motors team after they beat us on penalties (& met some of them in The Green afterwards. Offered to buy them a drink, but they had to go as they had work the next day) - It also was the nadir and things got better from there

Day after the play off final, getting to go on the pitch and take photos with the kids - just a wonderful happy day.

Cisse's winner vs Stoke

QPR 5 Blackpool 0 - Ainsworth's debut, and Langley's last home game. Roasting hot day

Qpr 4 Barnsley 0- 2 goals in a minute

QPR 2 Preston 2 - 2-0 down in 90th minute - turned to a mate and said "we can play all day and wouldn't score" -2 seconds later the first went in.

QPR 4 v Swindon T 0 - Kevin Gallen's return and his goal

Kevin Gallen's penalty when he played for Huddersfield. I am convinced he told the keeper which way he was going.

QPR 3 Luton 2 - Specifically Paul Furlong ending his goal drought in front of the loft to guarantee safety

Holloway grabbing the mike and getting on the pitch screaming come on you R's

Talking of Furlong, when the fans sang "Furlong, we're sorry Paul Furlong"

and finally...

Anytime I now go back home to Loftus Road, having moved to the States