Favourite Loftus Road moments...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Favourite Loftus Road moments...

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:10 pm

krama wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:34 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:13 am
Mark Lazarus standing at the edge of the pitch on the Ellerslie Road side taking his shorts off after they got ripped awaiting a new pair from the kit man. Rodney Marsh passed the ball to him and stopped running so Lazarus had to go off on a run with his shorts in his hand. Also Marsh dribbling past a GK in acres of space and instead of tapping it into the empty net he stopped it on the line and sat on it taunting the keeper to try and get it, which he couldn't. The ref rightly booked Marsh for being a twat.
Not sure that's being a twat. It's called entertainment and showmanship, something that is sadly lacking from todays game.
If he had done that to another player in a non league match he would have got his leg broken or badly injured. It was piss taking; it didn't sit well with me as a youngster which is why I remember it so vividly and it hasn't softened over the years. The Mark Lazarus incident yeah, it was funny even if Mark didn't think so but I can see why a lot of his football colleagues hold him in low esteem.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:48 am

I wish to the footballing gods we had 'twats' like Rodney, or players allegedly held in low esteem by their colleagues like Lazarus, still weaving their magic among us. Stan had a bit of devilry about him for sure, which is part of makes heroes heroes, or used to. For sure, the Terror Bat might have been one of the most unpopular players in the dressing room at QPR in living memory, and by all accounts could be a lazy, spoilt and maddening prick, but he was also a footballing genius, which matters more to me as a fan.

As for the apparent violence of lower league football, whatever my and others' issues with the modern pro game, if that's a true depiction I'm glad I never have to watch it!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:48 am
I wish to the footballing gods we had 'twats' like Rodney, or players allegedly held in low esteem by their colleagues like Lazarus, still weaving their magic among us. Stan had a bit of devilry about him for sure, which is part of makes heroes heroes, or used to. For sure, the Terror Bat might have been one of the most unpopular players in the dressing room at QPR in living memory, and by all accounts could be a lazy, spoilt and maddening prick, but he was also a footballing genius, which matters more to me as a fan.

As for the apparent violence of lower league football, whatever my and others' issues with the modern pro game, if that's a true depiction I'm glad I never have to watch it!
It's not allegedly, do some research.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I think you're missing my poi . . . o. never mind!

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:36 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am
Not sure who it was against, and it may have happened more than once, but Gareth Ainsworth attempting to head the ball while both he and it were on the ground cracked me up. Also remember him doing a fabulous swan dive mocking an opponent who he thought had been faking it. Top man.
I remember that, Wasn't it Bircham ??

Guppy

Post by Guppy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 am

UxbridgeR wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Not sure who it was against, and it may have happened more than once, but Gareth Ainsworth attempting to head the ball while both he and it were on the ground cracked me up. Also remember him doing a fabulous swan dive mocking an opponent who he thought had been faking it. Top man.
I remember that, Wasn't it Bircham ??

No definitely Gareth against Brighton after Leon Knight ex chelscum had yet again tried to con the ref pretending he had been fouled - play had gone up other end and Gareth made a point of running over to him on halfway line and doing swan dive right in front of him

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Trevor’s overhead kick, all the way. Never be beaten.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:56 pm

...added time vs Brentford last season, scoring twice in 2 minutes to steal a point..!!! aniclap aniclap aniclap

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 pm

The whole emotion filled day we left Loftus Road before heading to our new multi purpose stadium... oh wait... I set the controls on the TARDIS to the wrong date.
As you were people. 8)

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 pm
The whole emotion filled day we left Loftus Road before heading to our new multi purpose stadium... oh wait... I set the controls on the TARDIS to the wrong date.
As you were people. 8)
Were krama and elbow still at loggerheads in the future?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
As you were people. 8)
There was a touching service for both of them at half time and their ashes scattered in the toilets in Ellerslie Road at the end of the game. :lol:

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:38 pm

I had a vision of them strolling along, holding hands and singing:

We'll gather lilacs in the spring again
And walk together down an English lane

Or perhaps not....

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 pm

'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer' (Nietzsche) :wink:

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
As you were people. 8)
There was a touching service for both of them at half time and their ashes scattered in the toilets in Ellerslie Road at the end of the game. :lol:
Nice! Must put that in my will - 'scatter my ashes in the Ellerslie bogs'! It's the one or two on here with immoderate/unmoderated mouths like sewers that I'd be allocating those death rites to.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:57 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

Nice! Must put that in my will - 'scatter my ashes in the Ellerslie bogs'! It's the one or two on here with immoderate/unmoderated mouths like sewers that I'd be allocating those death rites to.
Cannot argue with that.. using the c word for example on here is unacceptable. Trouble is it never gets moderated.