MOTM

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

guyrob07

MOTM

Post by guyrob07 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 pm

What a fantastic result, and what a previlage to witness it on sky sports. MOTM - got to be Mass for me he was everywhere, not sure how he managed to avoid a yellow but his tackling was excellent. His partnership with Cameron has been the reason for our upturn in form. Gives our attacking players the freedom to drive on. Eze was outstanding again, especially off the ball, postioned himself well when Wednesday were playing out from the back. Defence needs a mention, some shakey moments but looked very solid for 75% of the game. BFG did very well. Good to see Pawl back in the team. Having the luxury of two proven championship strikers is really demonstrating what we were missing last season. It’s been said before but great last minute transfers. I wonder if we will dip into the loan market come January? Really impressive team performance, let’s hope we can repeat this come Friday!

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: MOTM

Post by LewiHoop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Lynch for me was absolutely immense tonight and they had 2 massive lumps up top who didnt get a sniff. Eze was excellent.

Boring first half an hour and we lacked zip and urgency. But we grew into the game. The goal came at a perfect time.

It was a real mens performance 2nd period. We soaked up the pressure first 10 minutes of the second half and really upped the gears and tempo.

A decent performance and some clinical finishing. Really please for Nakhi who took his goal very smartly.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Loan market? We've got an embargo....

I assume the players we currently have is sh1t or bust for the season....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:48 pm
Loan market? We've got an embargo....

I assume the players we currently have is sh1t or bust for the season....
Not too sure of the rules but isn't it something like if we sell a player we can bring in a replacement as long as the replacement's value is lower than the one sold on.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 pm

It was one of those rare games I've been to where I would say the whole team to a man played very well. Luongo was fighting for every ball, Pav played with confidence, Eze was imperious but for me Freeman was the stand out player: great goal and did some brilliant stuff tonight. Defence were all solid when they needed to be: both strikers showed their class.
Lex Talionis........

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Lynch for me, a master class in how to play CB. Top, top performance.

Cant let me experience of getting a ticket go past without stating it took me 1 hour 45 mins of phoning and web work :roll:

Note to Ticket office - if we have to employ staff, can we employ people that can understand and speak English?
Plus, do yourselves a favour and listen to the message service, its warped and unintelligible Press 1 for. Press XXXX and 3 for XXXX maybe the ticket office has been moved to India? Seems like it
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Mika
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Mika » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Lynch was the best I’ve seen but still Cameron was the motm for me.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Cant let me experience of getting a ticket go past without stating it took me 1 hour 45 mins of phoning and web work :roll:

Note to Ticket office - if we have to employ staff, can we employ people that can understand and speak English?
Plus, do yourselves a favour and listen to the message service, its warped and unintelligible Press 1 for. Press XXXX and 3 for XXXX maybe the ticket office has been moved to India? Seems like it
Can't you just walk up and buy a ticket, the attendance was only 12k ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 am

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 pm
It was one of those rare games I've been to where I would say the whole team to a man played very well. Luongo was fighting for every ball, Pav played with confidence, Eze was imperious but for me Freeman was the stand out player: great goal and did some brilliant stuff tonight. Defence were all solid when they needed to be: both strikers showed their class.
This I wholly agree with. Ran his socks off, coupled with good technical skills and intelligent passing.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 am

Can't you just walk up and buy a ticket, the attendance was only 12k ?
sadly not, took some colleagues so needed all in a row....

Having said that, Rangers played as well as I've seen them for many a season, a proper team performance...
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 am

Looking at the players technical approach and understanding of the game plan during in possession, out of possession and transition, there seems to be a real positive impact coming through from the work on the training ground.

Links in with the input from SMC in his post match interview.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

... and Chris Ramsey's inclusion with the first team training and coaching.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Cost me over £10 in phone call charges when buying tickets for the Bristol City game!
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Not sure he rated MOTM, but for me Lynch is almost unrecognisable from last season. I think we now have a decent Championship CB on our hands. Looks like some coaching may have taken place!

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:58 pm
Not sure he rated MOTM, but for me Lynch is almost unrecognisable from last season. I think we now have a decent Championship CB on our hands. Looks like some coaching may have taken place!
I was pretty much unstinting in my criticism of Lynch last season, I thought he was a lazy, careless waste of space. The improvement has been dramatic and I can't recall the last time I saw a player improve to the degree he has - I hope he can keep it up as he is developing into a real asset.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question