We would all be speaking German by now..

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Don Gibbons
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: We would all be speaking German by now..

Post by Don Gibbons » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Queen's Park Crescent wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 pm
Apparently the greatest result of our win is that we can now start virtue signalling like the best of them.
see above or non-virtue-signalling

[FFS]

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Don Gibbons wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 pm
Seriously Stainrod, you've walked into land-mines on this thread!

The beauty of the Internet is that statements lie open...

Walk away with dignity, for goodness sake!...

stainrod's elbow : Re Wigan prediction

Don't want to be brutally downbeat, but, apart from our two impressive-looking loan acquisitions, we still have gutless and guileless squad, a disastrous management team, and an increasingly disgruntled support
I stand by my words at the time. The squad and the manager (on the latter's own admission) are still catching up on our terrible season opening, but deserve real credit for some of what we've seen in recent games. They're still pushing them (my words) down my throat, but I'm certainly not complaining right now. A good result and performance against Villa, and I'll be a pretty damn happy blue and white bunny.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm
Hear hear - the need for oneupmanship, silencing perceived 'deviant' supporters and general smugness (YOU know who YOU are) only takes some of the gloss of a good result and performance by the team. A certain someone's favourite movie is, I imagine, Invasion of the Body Snatchers - after all the human beings have been replaced by alien replicas! Of course, these are also the kind of people who probably would have been happy if we WERE all now speaking German - any whisper of difference just sends them into an anxious tailspin!

Sometimes one just has to remind oneself of one's own sanity!
I know you are totally obsessed with me so I assume you mean me...so, your favourite movie, I imagine would be.....let's see....Misery? Sure there are others that would fit. Any others anyone can name that would fit the bill, please fire away! :D

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Adrian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:55 am

This whole post is pathetic

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 am

Don Gibbons wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm
.. if some of our 'supporters' had been fighting for us in World War II
Because of course, supporting a football team is just like being "in the trenches". What a load of old scheisse.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:02 am

I think early August concern was warranted because we weren't just losing games, but we were being thrashed in two of them, ie 1-7 at WBA, followed by a 0-3 beating a few days later on our home patch by Bristol City.

Having said that of course, last nights game was a brilliant all-round effort by every Rangers player and I commented to my son that it was probably one of the best performances since Warnock's promotion winning team some 7 or was it 8 years ago ?

However those of you who follow my season upon season predictions/forecasts/analysis etc (yes I know I'm a sad anorak accountant/train spotter but I can't help it(!)), you may (or may not) be interested in the following summary of the 14 games to date , comparing SM's results v Ollie's.

Ollie P14 W5 D6 L3 F20 A15 Pts 21
SM P14 W6 D2 LA F14 A19 Pts 20

So before we get carried away by writing 'we are 1 point from the play-offs', lets play the apparent 'better' teams ie Leeds, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Forest, Stoke, Wigan etc and see where we are then - it is of course only October and I hope that we are able to hang on to our squad throughout January and trust that Hemed, Wells and Cameron cannot be re-called by their parent clubs.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:14 am

aniclap
Come on you Sooopa ........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:36 am

I think the concern early season was fairly justified and there was probably not alot of positive to cling on to - credit to all those who stayed truly positive but I won't be hanging those out to dry who voiced concerns - all about opinions and we should be able to share and voice in equal measure.

Really pleasing that we have a squad showing some good football and a great approach, supported by a coaching team who seem to have a good handle on how to play the game with the available players.

Will be interesting to see how we far against the like of Leeds and others but, a very nice feeling to witness the performances as they are coming in!

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am

Adrian wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:55 am
Agreed...…...or perhaps you meant thread/topic? :wink:

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 am

So we win 3-0 and now we start picking on each other?
Come on people, WE are QPR!

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Adrian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

krama wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am
Adrian wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:55 am
Agreed...…...or perhaps you meant thread/topic? :wink:
That as well.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 am
Don Gibbons wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm
.. if some of our 'supporters' had been fighting for us in World War II
Because of course, supporting a football team is just like being "in the trenches". What a load of old scheisse.
That made me giggle.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Ce n'est pas vrai
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 pm

The trenches were in WWI. But it is utter schiese to compare war with footbull
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:36 am
I think the concern early season was fairly justified and there was probably not alot of positive to cling on to - credit to all those who stayed truly positive but I won't be hanging those out to dry who voiced concerns - all about opinions and we should be able to share and voice in equal measure.

Really pleasing that we have a squad showing some good football and a great approach, supported by a coaching team who seem to have a good handle on how to play the game with the available players.

Will be interesting to see how we far against the like of Leeds and others but, a very nice feeling to witness the performances as they are coming in!
Great post. Too many on here are out get to each other whether it’s the posters who complain after every loss. Or those who smell rose fragrented farts after appalling results!
It’s like the never ending cycle of ‘I told you so’ after a poor result or a good result.
We have different opinions and all deal with crap and good results differently.
I’m going to admit after watching us get torn apart by WBA and then 3 days later lose 3-0 at home against an average Bristol City side I though we were in for an embarrassment of a season. But still clung to thought that we were u lucky to lose on the opening day against against Preston and then against sheff Utd at home.
This has the feeling of a mid table squad and I’m more than happy with that after a 4 game losing streak and -11 goal difference at the beginning of the season.
Not getting carried away after a few good results and not getting overly negative after a few bad ones seems to be the way to support QPR these days.