Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by LanCat » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Should have improved our goal difference some more today. Several times we just needed a foot in or a shot taken sooner and we’d have had a half dozen. They barely had a sniff. Lumley won’t get a quieter game.

Honourable mentions to Pav, Luke, Lynch, BFG but MOTM was our 1300 who were on it for the whole 90 and more. My voice is getting a rest now but some are still singing at the other end of the train.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:16 pm
Another cracking result for me. It proves that there are teams worse than us in this league which is comforting. Getting a bit concerned about Wells mind you. If he can't score against this lot... well you know the rest. Well done to SMc and the boys, as we usually mess up after an international break 8)
To be fair he was only on for 18 minutes today, but I take your point. Does he normally play more centrally at Burnley I wonder?
Only seen the result and wasn't really following the game, so didn't see the starting eleven. He does need a goal though - hopefully on Tuesday :D

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:27 pm
I bet you think chips should taste of piss don't you?
Whatever! whistle
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:43 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:59 pm
Yey, great win. Well done Rangers.

Who will be the first to complain it was won with an og and a pen and its just not good enough! :lol:
:wink:
It's a welcome win, and deserved, against limited opposition, but let's keep the word 'great' for, well, great occasions, shall we? (Out of respect for the language, as much as anything.)
What does it take for you to show a bit of excitement, without there being an undercurrent of caution and negativity....ie "limited opposition" and not using the word "great". aniwall

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:43 pm
What does it take for you to show a bit of excitement, without there being an undercurrent of caution and negativity....ie "limited opposition" and not using the word "great". aniwall
Why do you care?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm
krama wrote:
Why do you care?
Because I detest miserable and downbeat people, that's why!
It's only football, it's meant to be fun so celebrate a win however it's achieved.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm

krama wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
krama wrote:
Why do you care?
It's only football, it's meant to be fun so celebrate a win however it's achieved.
So it's your problem then - thanks for clearing that up (if clarity were needed)! Mine is that I can't stand happy-clappy cultish types like you who go overboard with the English language and their emoti(c)ons left, right and centre. You're the kind of person, I suspect, who is constantly peering up and down the aisles in church to make sure everyone's meeting your needs for appropriate levels of praise for the Lord.

Arsene Wenger once said that the art of management was never getting to carried away after a win, nor too depressed after a defeat. Now go away and get some perspective yourself, before you blow another indignation gasket!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:07 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
krama wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

Why do you care?
So it's your problem then - thanks for clearing that up (if clarity were needed)! Mine is that I can't stand happy-clappy cultish types like you who go overboard with the English language and their emoti(c)ons left, right and centre. You're the kind of person, I suspect, who is constantly peering up and down the aisles in church to make sure everyone's meeting your needs for appropriate levels of praise for the Lord.

Arsene Wenger once said that the art of management was never getting to carried away after a win, nor too depressed after a defeat. Now go away and get some perspective yourself, before you blow another indignation gasket!
:lol: :mrgreen: :D aniclap ssh sick 8) aniwall oh by the way it's TOO not TO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:09 pm

It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm

A QPR away win is a pretty rare thing and should be celebrated with plenty of gusto, and beer. We should have won by 5 BTW.
Sorry in advance.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Trojan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm
A QPR away win is a pretty rare thing and should be celebrated with plenty of gusto, and beer. We should have won by 5 BTW.
Don't let the king of downbeat read that, he doesn't do happy clappy... so he doesn't. :lol: :mrgreen: :D
Spot on btw!

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Trojan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm
We've won 3 of the last 4 away league games, so no longer that rare in fairness.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm

We only won 3 away the whole of last season.
Sorry in advance.