Chief.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Chief.

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:48 am
Why should the club comment on this ? They can choose not to comment upon negotiations with players if they want.

Personally, I expect the story is somewhat fabricated and I prefer to read news about the club from more reliable sources.
Such as ?

It might be in their interests to comment if an untrue story is portraying them in a negative light.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:56 am

That is true. But I don't have any issues with this matter between the club and an ex-player remaining behind closed doors.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:56 am
That is true. But I don't have any issues with this matter between the club and an ex-player remaining behind closed doors.
But those doors have been opened and the issues are now out in public. Not only so but many of its supporters will understandably want to know what the club's position is on this.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:15 pm

I shan't be holding my breath! whistle
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Something stinks about this 'story': if the BBC reporter was doing a story on out of contract players then they wouldn't have bothered contacting a player who'd got himself another well paid contract at another club, they'd have contacted a few players who still hadn't got a club yet.

It appears that Ned or his agent must be pushing the story out there for whatever reason.

The story is so ridiculous I would hope the club do not give it the validity of a response.
Lex Talionis........

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Just a few thoughts from me -

If true, £30k a week is seriously good money. I imagine half the population of the country would be very happy to earn that a year !

Yes, he made his obligatory clanger in most games, but many prefer to gloss over the game saving last ditch tackles or blocks he would make at least once a game. He was pretty consistent at Championship level and we are weaker without him, albeit stronger financially.

The Club is very unlikely to publicly state figures around players (or staff) wages and rightly so, but the BBC does, it has too, for at least their highest earners. Maybe that's why this 'journo' feels the need to write such clickbait headlines. Although, I doubt they feature in the BBC top earners list, thankfully.