Bidwell update?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Bidwell update?

Post by PeterS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am

Any news on his injury- haven’t seen any

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 15776
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by SM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 am

Should have something on that today...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: The end of the rainbow

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by LanCat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:52 pm

'tis on the offish.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/bi ... ns-update/

Both back in training next week which seems like good news to me.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4599
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by 222gers » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

That's really good news. Bidwell has his critics but I like him - 100% type of player who used to bust a gut in Holloway's ill fated wingback scheme. Plus we don't have a ready replacement. Good news on Cousens too, he's improved of late.

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by PeterS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks. Agree thats a huge relief. With all his limitations, Bidwell gives his all and more importantly we don’t have suitable cover. Cousins need a run in the side in the side- I am sure there is a goodnposition in there somewhere.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 15776
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by SM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm
That's really good news. Bidwell has his critics but I like him - 100% type of player who used to bust a gut in Holloway's ill fated wingback scheme. Plus we don't have a ready replacement. Good news on Cousens too, he's improved of late.
I have to say, I don’t particularly rate either of them.

I do agree though, we don’t have any replacement for left-back, so as well as Rangel did at the weekend I would sooner have Bidwell back in there.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by PeterS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm

I don’t rate either SM. I have seen enough of Bidwell to think we should sign a new left back. Cousins is more complex as he has not a decent run of playing centre mid.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am

PeterS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm
I don’t rate either SM. I have seen enough of Bidwell to think we should sign a new left back. Cousins is more complex as he has not a decent run of playing centre mid.
Neither has Pav, who I think deserves it more than Cousins.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by PeterS » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am

I would start Pav ahead of Cousins. He has not had much if a look in under the new regime

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by White Duck » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am
PeterS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm
I don’t rate either SM. I have seen enough of Bidwell to think we should sign a new left back. Cousins is more complex as he has not a decent run of playing centre mid.
Neither has Pav, who I think deserves it more than Cousins.
Pav should be one of the first names on the team sheet IMO: by far rhe best option we have on the right and can contribute to attack and defence.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:28 pm

PeterS wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
I would start Pav ahead of Cousins. He has not had much if a look in under the new regime
Or under the previous one.

Then again, there's nothing like being out of the team to increase the perception of how good a player people think you are.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by Stans left foot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Then again, there's nothing like being out of the team to increase the perception of how good a player people think you are[./quote]

Blimey Uxbridge, that's a bit deep for a Friday afternoon,


now, just slip off your clothes and lay on the couch....... :oops:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Only if you promise not to bring my Mum into it.......
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by Satch » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:31 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:28 pm
PeterS wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
I would start Pav ahead of Cousins. He has not had much if a look in under the new regime
Or under the previous one.

Then again, there's nothing like being out of the team to increase the perception of how good a player people think you are.
Especially for wingers, Pav was getting pelters last season. I would definitely have him over Cousins on the right though.

Bidwell is steady enough, nothing spectacular, especially going forward but i think, with our limited resources, he's down the pecking order to be replaced.

Cousins hasn't had a decent run in centre so the jury's out, i think he's looked better but i don't know if i really believe he's going to come good. I know Luongo has been really off form and Manning will only 'get better' in the eyes of fans for being gone but both seem far more capable of exerting influence over a game.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Bidwell update?

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Luongo hasn't been that off form and improving week on week IMO.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply