Whats happened to the PA system ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Whats happened to the PA system ?

Post by IJM » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Standing in my usual position in the Ellerslie today and I couldn't hear a thing from our useless PA system. It was ok last season so whats happened to it ?
I could just about make out Dave Thomas, Don Shanks and Frank Mclintock at HT, but I hadn't a clue what they were discussing and couldn't make out who else was out there - or why.

I hope the club get it fixed.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Whats happened to the PA system ?

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:51 pm
Standing in my usual position in the Ellerslie today and I couldn't hear a thing from our useless PA system. It was ok last season so whats happened to it ?
I could just about make out Dave Thomas, Don Shanks and Frank Mclintock at HT, but I hadn't a clue what they were discussing and couldn't make out who else was out there - or why.

I hope the club get it fixed.
Think yourself lucky ! I sit right beneath one of the pairs of horns in SA Road stand and it was louder and more distorted than ever today. Real rubbishy pop “music” of the vilest sort. Why do people who organise these things think that everybody likes this stuff. Still, at least we can hear the announcements.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

although as a law abiding fan, I was sitting in Ellerslie - I have to agree the system quality was awful today.

I don't recall any issues in other games this season so I'm guessing a gremlin, or possibly water ( I seem to remember there being some rain around today..) had got into the system today!
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Agreed, couldn't make any sense of it in Ellerslie. I thought they said they were introducing Joan Collins at one point.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 am

Crabsandwich wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 pm
Agreed, couldn't make any sense of it in Ellerslie. I thought they said they were introducing Joan Collins at one point.
I thought it sounded more like “ I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received and that consequently this country is at war with Germany. “

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:24 am

Yes it was terrible.Nobody in Ellislie Road could hear anything Don Shanks or Frank said

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Absolutely dreadful on Saturday. I think it was a one off though, I don’t recall it being that bad for any other games this season...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm

T-Block wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:24 am
Yes it was terrible.Nobody in Ellislie Road could hear anything Don Shanks or Frank said
Don didn't say anything, did he ? And Frank is Scotch (like Stewart Lee), so it was probably just his impenetrable accent rather than the PA.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm
T-Block wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:24 am
Don didn't say anything, did he ? And Frank is Scotch (like Stewart Lee), so it was probably just his impenetrable accent rather than the PA.
Frank is Scottish. Scotch is an alcoholic drink. Sorry, I'm beginning to sound like the long departed Davef. :wink:

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 am

It's as if I hadn't done the most basic research...... :wink:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?