Just got back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just got back

Post by QPR_John » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am

As a discussion point and I was there last night what did happen to the team after we scored. I agree with the OP it did not look like either side would score but we were the better team but we seemed to fall apart after we scored. Were the team told to fall back or was it a case of panic and trying to hold on to the result. At times it seemed the defence were camped on our 18 yard box with the midfield not to far ahead. No stats to support it but I bet Reading had more possession after we score than in the 65 minutes before.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am
krama wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 pm

Our???.....Our??? Speak for yourself chum.
Of course it isn't ....it wouldn't be you if it did.
Beating a crap-arse side with a very lucky goal does not constitute
any turning of any corner or me bringing out the bunting. ethink
I don’t think it was a very lucky goal. A scramble yes, but for once we got bodies in the box, and as it ping ponged about, it fell to Leistner who hit a firm strike through the crowd in front of him.
There was also a strong shout for handball as Reading tried and failed to stop us from scoring: irrelevant in the end as Leistner did the business
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:56 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am
As a discussion point and I was there last night what did happen to the team after we scored. I agree with the OP it did not look like either side would score but we were the better team but we seemed to fall apart after we scored. Were the team told to fall back or was it a case of panic and trying to hold on to the result. At times it seemed the defence were camped on our 18 yard box with the midfield not to far ahead. No stats to support it but I bet Reading had more possession after we score than in the 65 minutes before.
It was the same at Bolton. I don't think it's done on instruction. It's often a tendency in teams lacking in confidence to try and protect what they have and gradually sit deeper and deeper. Very nerve-wracking to watch though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 am

White Duck wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
Andy_N19 wrote:

I don’t think it was a very lucky goal. A scramble yes, but for once we got bodies in the box, and as it ping ponged about, it fell to Leistner who hit a firm strike through the crowd in front of him.
There was also a strong shout for handball as Reading tried and failed to stop us from scoring: irrelevant in the end as Leistner did the business
More than a shout I would suggest. Academic I know but wonder if the ref was ready to give it.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am

I quite like Lynch and overall I think he's been playing pretty well recently but I've just re-watched the move when Reading hit the post and the way Lynch literally did nothing to stop the guy from turning and shooting so close to the goal was shocking. Thank goodness the shot was so weak and misdirected.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:02 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 am
krama wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:42 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 pm
And this from a club that's featured some wonderful wingers over the years: Dave Thomas, Ian Stewart, Lee Cook, Andy Sinton, Wild Thing, to name just a few. And, er, Michael Meaker (or was he a midfielder)?
How about Mark Lazarus, Don Rogers, or the Morgan twins, Ian and Roger. ...or don't your many many years of "supporting" QPR go back that far? whistle
I'm seriously beginning to worry about the state of your mental health! (You certainly make me sick.)
Its so thoughtful that for someone whom you despise, you can be so seriously concerned about, but can confirm without doubt that all is fine. Take a look closer to home chum. You pm'd me wanting to put and end to our, as you put it, "our online spat", I agreed it was ridiculous and then you immediately carry on as before, first possible chance you get....that is seriously weird. But hey, bring it on if that what floats your boat.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
krama wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:51 pm
Many thanks Zenith, to be honest this isn't enough to quieten our concern at
the teams obvious shortcomings.
Our???.....Our??? Speak for yourself chum.
Of course it isn't ....it wouldn't be you if it did.
As the saying goes, you can only beat what is front of you. It was an away win, clean sheet, three points, and it broke a three game winless run. Not bad in my book.
Anyway you just carry on doing what you do best, but please don't assume that everyone is as miserable and downbeat as your good self. aniwall