Eze - talented but lazy ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Eze - talented but lazy ?

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm
I don't think he's lazy, he has a laconic style and as mentioned he isn't blessed with speed but he's always looking for the ball, dropping deep if he has too. He almost created a decent chance in the first minute yesterday by chasing down the defender and forcing a mistake. He's also worked on the tracking back since spending more time on the wing. I'd wager he covers a fair bit of the pitch. Ultimately with proper number tens, they need to be given the ball in areas they can do damage.
Brief...economical .. yeah maybe.. Obviously easy to comment being as you were at the game/s. Sometimes / most times...you do not see the full picture when watching 2 mins of highlights and see a player just strolling back can be construed as being lazy . good shout Satch

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Spencer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Satch wrote:
I don't think he's lazy, he has a laconic style and as mentioned he isn't blessed with speed but he's always looking for the ball, dropping deep if he has too. He almost created a decent chance in the first minute yesterday by chasing down the defender and forcing a mistake. He's also worked on the tracking back since spending more time on the wing. I'd wager he covers a fair bit of the pitch. Ultimately with proper number tens, they need to be given the ball in areas they can do damage.
Brief...economical .. yeah maybe.. Obviously easy to comment being as you were at the game/s. Sometimes / most times...you do not see the full picture when watching 2 mins of highlights and see a player just strolling back can be construed as being lazy . good shout Satch
I would sincerely hope that no one would comment on player work-rate based on only ever watching TV coverage!

IMHO even if you watch the whole match it can only give you an impression, but not enough to form a proper informed opinion.

Someone like Holloway, who based his own game and then managerial career on having a high work-rate (tempted to say above skills but that may be unfair), has a different values system from me and made comments recently about having Eze at Millwall and saying that he didn't work hard enough but as stated earlier, like Adel, Eze should be utilised differently to get the best out of him.

In summary, no I don't think he is lazy but, a bit like Sir Les who could become disheartened during a game but had Wilkins geeing him up, he does drift in and out which is where a good captain or colleague can make the difference.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Spencer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Satch wrote:
Tbf i'm watching full games but via the streaming service, which i'll agree doesn't always tell the full story about a player but i've generally found Eze trying to get involved.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am
White Duck wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
He's no Adel and has a long way to go but has a rare talent which SMc needs to utilise properly: he should never be played on the wing again as it negates his effectiveness and also badly highlights the weakness in his defensive game and leaves us vulnerable on the right.
Definitely a problem with how to get the best out of him. My preferred option would be a 4 man midfield of BOS, Luongo, Cousins, Wszolek and Eze behind Wells in a 1-4-4-1-1 formation or a 1-3-1-4-1-1 with Bidwell & Rangel alongside Lynch with Cameron just in front to give a bit of defensive cover. This would mean dropping Freeman & Leistner which would upset many, especially if we were over run but a fast passing team. It's a conundrum alright trying to get the best out of the players we have without sacrificing games.
*other opinions are available and welcomed.
Not being funny, but it is normal to include the goalkeeper in formation numerics (4-3-3/4-4-2 etc.)?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:15 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am
White Duck wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
He's no Adel and has a long way to go but has a rare talent which SMc needs to utilise properly: he should never be played on the wing again as it negates his effectiveness and also badly highlights the weakness in his defensive game and leaves us vulnerable on the right.
Definitely a problem with how to get the best out of him. My preferred option would be a 4 man midfield of BOS, Luongo, Cousins, Wszolek and Eze behind Wells in a 1-4-4-1-1 formation or a 1-3-1-4-1-1 with Bidwell & Rangel alongside Lynch with Cameron just in front to give a bit of defensive cover. This would mean dropping Freeman & Leistner which would upset many, especially if we were over run but a fast passing team. It's a conundrum alright trying to get the best out of the players we have without sacrificing games.
*other opinions are available and welcomed.
Not being funny, but it is normal to include the goalkeeper in formation numerics (4-3-3/4-4-2 etc.)?
Yeah, it stops smart arses saying you've only picked 10 players :-)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.