Eze - talented but lazy ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Eze - talented but lazy ?

Post by IJM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Watching the game Sky tonight, I love to see Eze receiving the ball and run at the opposing team. However it struck me that he appeared a bit lazy if a perfect pass wasn't at his feet and he didn't seem too keen to retrieve a ball if he had to put himself about to chase just a few yards to put in a challenge. I would like to see him work on this side of his game. Thoughts ?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Eze - talented but lazy ?

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Which is why I can't see a rush of top clubs coming in for him for now.
He'd simply be bench fodder for a decent side.
Staff Benda Bilili

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 pm
Which is why I can't see a rush of top clubs coming in for him for now.
He'd simply be bench fodder for a decent side.
Eze is a real talent, but his near-suicidal dribble in his own box at Swansea nearly cost us a goal and hopefully earned him a big bollocking from the senior pros/management team behind closed doors. Much as I like him, I hope he sees himself as the work in progress he is.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 pm

I think his style partly gives that impression of being Lazy. He isn’t blessed with great pace but has plenty of skill and trickery.

Who knows what kind of player he will become but the most important thing is that he is being given plenty of game time to learn and develop.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:32 am

He's done little what I have seen of him to justify all the hype and comparisons with Taraabt. He is talented, but when he can affect games on a regular basis as AT did... then he will be rightly lauded by us and coveted by other clubs.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am

He's no Adel and has a long way to go but has a rare talent which SMc needs to utilise properly: he should never be played on the wing again as it negates his effectiveness and also badly highlights the weakness in his defensive game and leaves us vulnerable on the right.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am

White Duck wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
He's no Adel and has a long way to go but has a rare talent which SMc needs to utilise properly: he should never be played on the wing again as it negates his effectiveness and also badly highlights the weakness in his defensive game and leaves us vulnerable on the right.
Definitely a problem with how to get the best out of him. My preferred option would be a 4 man midfield of BOS, Luongo, Cousins, Wszolek and Eze behind Wells in a 1-4-4-1-1 formation or a 1-3-1-4-1-1 with Bidwell & Rangel alongside Lynch with Cameron just in front to give a bit of defensive cover. This would mean dropping Freeman & Leistner which would upset many, especially if we were over run but a fast passing team. It's a conundrum alright trying to get the best out of the players we have without sacrificing games.
*other opinions are available and welcomed.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 am

No way should Leistner be dropped at this point
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:22 am

old pauline wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 am
No way should Leistner be dropped at this point
Hence my saying it's a conundrum.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:06 pm

I remember as a kid thinking that Les Ferdinand could appear lazy, often standing offside and walking back when the oppo had the ball. I think it's just perception though. No-one would ever accuse Mackie of being lazy, but you wouldn't want a whole team of Jamie Mackies...

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Stan Bowles was lazy to a degree.
Playing Eze of the striker looks the best position....But playing him of two strikers becomes a problem.

I'm also not a big fan of playing two defensive midfielders....to protect the back four ?

Claude Makelele back in his day ...was superb in this role...got the ball...pass to someone else ...got the opponent...having two in my opinion....means you just don't trust the defence. But...having a playing/luxury like Eze..means you have to compensate at the back.

I prefer 5-3-2- but that's just my preference.

Anyway - I'm sure he will learn. First season and all that ....talent for sure.... Adel was a lazy f...r and wore gloves ..but a great talent going forward. Seem to remember even at his peak..fans moaned .

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 pm

The only moan I heard about Adel was not passing to team mates. And yet....he had the highest assist rate on top of all his goals. He fell apart near the end of his tenure with us but the club was a mess by then.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 pm
The only moan I heard about Adel was not passing to team mates. And yet....he had the highest assist rate on top of all his goals. He fell apart near the end of his tenure with us but the club was a mess by then.
My memory isn't as good as it used to be...but yeah,...I'd watch him all day. For me...I would build teams around players like Adel, who can win you games...But, that's probably why i'm not a manager of a top football club yet .

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm

I don't think he's lazy, he has a laconic style and as mentioned he isn't blessed with speed but he's always looking for the ball, dropping deep if he has too. He almost created a decent chance in the first minute yesterday by chasing down the defender and forcing a mistake. He's also worked on the tracking back since spending more time on the wing. I'd wager he covers a fair bit of the pitch. Ultimately with proper number tens, they need to be given the ball in areas they can do damage.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm
I don't think he's lazy, he has a laconic style and as mentioned he isn't blessed with speed but he's always looking for the ball, dropping deep if he has too. He almost created a decent chance in the first minute yesterday by chasing down the defender and forcing a mistake. He's also worked on the tracking back since spending more time on the wing. I'd wager he covers a fair bit of the pitch. Ultimately with proper number tens, they need to be given the ball in areas they can do damage.
Yep, you're doing something wrong if your forwards are consistently having to track back and win the ball themselves - they're supposed to fire the bullets, not manufacture them themselves
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question