Another away win...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Another away win...

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 am

Would you like Satch, Krama and myself to jump in to both congratulate and support you on decisive insight etc.? Nah, I thought not. :roll:
Nah, but a group hug, wouldn't go amiss. Keep your hands where I can see 'em though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am
Esox Lucius wrote:

Would you like Satch, Krama and myself to jump in to both congratulate and support you on decisive insight etc.? Nah, I thought not. :roll:
Nah, but a group hug, wouldn't go amiss. Keep your hands where I can see 'em though.
Day glo mittens to make certain? :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Is it possible to criticise a performance, without people thinking its a negative attack on the manager?

I assume that some of you , sort of know each other on here ?.Been coming on here for years and it does remind me lately,a bit now like....listening to Loose Women :)

Seems to be getting very bitchy ...just saying , and yes, I still come on for more ...

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Spencer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm
Is it possible to criticise a performance, without people thinking its a negative attack on the manager?

I assume that some of you , sort of know each other on here ?.Been coming on here for years and it does remind me lately,a bit now like....listening to Loose Women :)

Seems to be getting very bitchy ...just saying , and yes, I still come on for more ...
Of course it is, but some people don't seem to be able to do one without the other. If all they have to offer is relentless negativity, it doesn't seem unreasonable to challenge that. I suppose we could all just offer our opinions and never have any online debate, but that would rather defeat the point of the whole thing.

For the record, I don't (as far as I'm aware) know anyone on the board socially. In a fan base of thousands of people, it's surely only natural that one's views will broadly be in tune with at least a few others without there being any cabal in place. And who you agree with changes over time. As Esox has pointed out, go back to the start of the decade and he and I were diametrically opposed in our views. Much less so in the last three or four years.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:29 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm
Spencer wrote:

Of course it is, but some people don't seem to be able to do one without the other. If all they have to offer is relentless negativity, it doesn't seem unreasonable to challenge that. I suppose we could all just offer our opinions and never have any online debate, but that would rather defeat the point of the whole thing.

For the record, I don't (as far as I'm aware) know anyone on the board socially. In a fan base of thousands of people, it's surely only natural that one's views will broadly be in tune with at least a few others without there being any cabal in place. And who you agree with changes over time. As Esox has pointed out, go back to the start of the decade and he and I were diametrically opposed in our views. Much less so in the last three or four years.
:like

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:53 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm
Spencer wrote:

Deep Sea Hoop was another I used to get into it with back then too LOL but I have been to a few games with him, have seen him and his mates in the Defectors before the game once or twice and even stopped off at his house to meet up for Bobby Zamora day. :D IIRRC I think I once offered to pick you up for a game that you were struggling to get to even though we were constantly rowing about one thing or another? At the end of the day QPR is the common link and helping each other is more important than getting stuck into each other. *Offer still stands if you ever need it Ux.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

No promises

DB Hoops is the only regular poster i know IRL. I've never really thought of myself as 'happy clappy' but so be it. I know things are far from perfect but it seems a shame people can't just enjoy a win. I don't think anyone is suggesting it's job done and side is perfect but we aren't the ones managing the team, i don't think complacency will set in just because a few people on the internet haven't ripped into the manager for 12 hours.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

No promises

DB Hoops is the only regular poster i know IRL. I've never really thought of myself as 'happy clappy' but so be it. I know things are far from perfect but it seems a shame people can't just enjoy a win. I don't think anyone is suggesting it's job done and side is perfect but we aren't the ones managing the team, i don't think complacency will set in just because a few people on the internet haven't ripped into the manager for 12 hours.
By page 20 of the full members list on here, there are 198, I knew 15 IRL so I suppose that I probably know around 30 or so from their screen names on the law of averages. At games I would guess that I have around 70-80 people that I see and chat regularly to and have known for many seasons; the LSA, the QPR cafe and the wall where Dave Thomas sells AKTURS are where I have met and seen most of them. From the little clique that always sat behind the goal at away matches and Loftus Road I only see 2 or 3 of them now and I know a couple of them aren't enjoying good health any more. Probably my biggest surprise with meeting fellow fans appened this season when I discovered that the guy I have sat next to for the last 4 seasons also lives in Banbury, about 2.5 miles from me LOL.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:53 pm
Deep Sea Hoop was another I used to get into it with back then too LOL but I have been to a few games with him, have seen him and his mates in the Defectors before the game once or twice and even stopped off at his house to meet up for Bobby Zamora day. :D IIRRC I think I once offered to pick you up for a game that you were struggling to get to even though we were constantly rowing about one thing or another? At the end of the day QPR is the common link and helping each other is more important than getting stuck into each other. *Offer still stands if you ever need it Ux.
You did indeed, to your great credit.I think that was the Boxing Day game against WBA when there was a tube strike on. I was over in South London with family, but decided to try and get to the game on public transport anyway. I never made it to LR, and it took me about 6 and a half hours to get home. I don't think I've been to a Boxing Day game since. I just settle back and enjoy some additional Christmas spirit these days.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

No promises

DB Hoops is the only regular poster i know IRL. I've never really thought of myself as 'happy clappy' but so be it.
I know things are far from perfect but it seems a shame people can't just enjoy a win. I don't think anyone is suggesting it's job done and side is perfect but we aren't the ones managing the team, i don't think complacency will set in just because a few people on the internet haven't ripped into the manager for 12 hours.

Spot on is that. aniclap
Someone strap Andy N19 in a chair and make him repeat that until he cheers up. :lol: