Another away win...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Another away win...

Post by Southgate Hoop » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:58 pm

McClaren must be catching up to Ollie’s away record already? sofahide

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4599
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Another away win...

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Right, now....no slip-ups against Derby.

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Another away win...

Post by krama » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Hopefully this shut the whiners up for a while. They must feel almost deprived right now, nothing to have a go at the manager about, or have a gripe about! Shame! :lol:

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5075
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Another away win...

Post by Rbee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm
Right, now....no slip-ups against Derby.
Would take a point now and consider it a good result.

Being pragmatic I think we are in our own mini league with the other teams around us.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Another away win...

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Agree with that Rich. The better teams will beat us 9 times out of 10, we just have to beat the ones that are around us and stay above the bottom three/ four.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Another away win...

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm

It's great that the guys who follow the team away every match are getting a few wins now.
Lex Talionis........

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Another away win...

Post by IJM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm
It's great that the guys who follow the team away every match are getting a few wins now.
An away win is excellent, but don't get carried away just yet -its only TWO this season.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Another away win...

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 pm

IJM wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm
White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm
It's great that the guys who follow the team away every match are getting a few wins now.
An away win is excellent, but don't get carried away just yet -its only TWO this season.
Well, we only got 3 last season - so i'd say it's at least a promising sign as is another clean sheet.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Another away win...

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:39 pm

IJM wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm
White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm
It's great that the guys who follow the team away every match are getting a few wins now.
An away win is excellent, but don't get carried away just yet -its only TWO this season.
Oh I won't get carried away! And we need to get the home form up to around last season's levels if we are to stay out of trouble.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Another away win...

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Blimey, we win away whilst not playing well...

Reading fans must be throwing themselves off Beachy Head at this!! :evil:
Staff Benda Bilili

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Another away win...

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Disregarding the usual happy-clappy suspects' endlessly boring and repressive attempts to stifle critical/interesting comment, and pleased/relieved as I am that we managed a narrow but deserved win tonight against one of the division's poorest teams (that's five home defeats in six for the Fakes), Derby will surely pose a more serious challenge. Like others, I would be delighted with a point, and dare we hope, a little bit of football along the way. So, well done on the three points and the clean sheet tonight, boys, but I still couldn't see this team going out and getting, as rock-bottom Preston did tonight, a 3-3 scoring draw at Villa. (Or, tbh, a 3-3 with anyone.)

Our still terrible goal tally, compounded by our awful goal difference post-WBA, continues to concern me. Even tonight, Reading had two or three attempts in the last five minutes that could have seen them nick a draw. As I don't think we're that secure at the back (as the Swansea game thickly underlined), the fact that we're still the joint lowest scorers in the Champ - as well as almost the most porous - is a double worry. At least one of Wells, Eze, Smith and Hemed really need to get their shooting boots on sooner rather than later. (I exclude Sylla from the calculation, as he appears to have become the latest platyer the club has decided to pay on a 'no play' basis, despite the fact I think he still has the best goalscoring ratio of the lot of them, mostly from substitute apps.)

As for this season, I find it hard to foresee anything higher than a 14th-16th finish (which will be good enough for some, and not for others) unless our shiny new strikers can start putting the ball where they're trained and paid to. In a nutshell, my cup rarely runneth over, but it remains half-empty right now.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Another away win...

Post by krama » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 pm
Disregarding the usual happy-clappy suspects' endlessly boring and repressive attempts to stifle critical/interesting comment, and pleased/relieved as I am that we managed a narrow but deserved win tonight against one of the division's poorest teams (that's five home defeats in six for the Fakes), Derby will surely pose a more serious challenge. Like others, I would be delighted with a point, and dare we hope, a little bit of football along the way. So, well done on the three points and the clean sheet tonight, boys, but I still couldn't see this team going out and getting, as rock-bottom Preston did tonight, a 3-3 scoring draw at Villa. (Or, tbh, a 3-3 with anyone.)

Our still terrible goal tally, compounded by our awful goal difference post-WBA, continues to concern me. Even tonight, Reading had two or three attempts in the last five minutes that could have seen them nick a draw. As I don't think we're that secure at the back (as the Swansea game thickly underlined), the fact that we're still the joint lowest scorers in the Champ - as well as almost the most porous - is a double worry. At least one of Wells, Eze, Smith and Hemed really need to get their shooting boots on sooner rather than later. (I exclude Sylla from the calculation, as he appears to have become the latest platyer the club has decided to pay on a 'no play' basis, despite the fact I think he still has the best goalscoring ratio of the lot of them, mostly from substitute apps.)

As for this season, I find it hard to foresee anything higher than a 14th-16th finish (which will be good enough for some, and not for others) unless our shiny new strikers can start putting the ball where they're trained and paid to. In a nutshell, my cup rarely runneth over, but it remains half-empty right now.
Now there's a surprise!!!
Reckon you must have a pretty soulless existence, if your bleating negatives and concerns on a QPR forum reflects your life away from here :lol: I'd chuck myself in the Liffey right now if I were you...actually might be quicker to drink a drop of it!

btw so everyone knows, its a shame peace talks at your request failed, (as you couldn't help yourself could you, failing to resist a pop and falling at the first hurdle). Fine by me....to be continued.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Another away win...

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:07 am

Trust me, krama, my life is overflowing with soul! Thanks, though, for the friendly suggestion I drown myself in the Liffey. (How you get away with being allowed to post this kind of shit beats me, but it's not my board.) I can only imagine you must have come from a home where any exploration of 'difficult' emotions were buried under a carpet of plastic smiles and sinsterly fragile pleas to be 'nice'. Have you ever thought of a career as a cult leader rather than a football supporter? (You have one or two definite sign-ups here already.)

In the meantime, I',m looking forward to what those posters who more closely resemble human beings have to say about Reading and Derby. Any more 'just backs'?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Another away win...

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:20 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 pm
Disregarding the usual happy-clappy suspects' endlessly boring and repressive attempts to stifle critical/interesting comment....
I'm sure the use of the term "happy-clappy" to describe anyone who isn't ripping into the team and the manager at the first opportunity is in no way intended pejoratively. Poor you, though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Another away win...

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:20 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 pm
Disregarding the usual happy-clappy suspects' endlessly boring and repressive attempts to stifle critical/interesting comment....
I'm sure the use of the term "happy-clappy" to describe anyone who isn't ripping into the team and the manager at the first opportunity is in no way intended pejoratively. Poor you, though.
Would you like Satch, Krama and myself to jump in to both congratulate and support you on decisive insight etc.? Nah, I thought not. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply