He should go....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

He should go....

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:48 am

Let me start it off then. I have calmed down after Swansea , thought about it but to me the truth is Maclaren has to go. Noone wants to swop managers again but he is taking us to League 1. The body language of the players on saturday said a lot. They was no team spirit , the tactics were worse than Holloways and my overall sense was that Maclaren had no idea how to change it. He persists with Hemed and Wells which puts half of the rest of the team out of position and achieves clearly very little as Hemed was a passenger on saturday. The only time we have put in a good performance was against Millwall and Hemed was on the bench. I wonder if he agreed he had to play if fit, as i can see no other reason for abandoning such as Eze and Freeman to positions which reduce their effectiveness to allow a passenger onto the pitch.

I was always negative about Maclaren. He is a known failure and if Sir Les promoted him he should go to. The problem at our club since TF took over is the management from top to bottom. Constantly making bad decisions and the least we can do is have a manager who plays our best players in their best positions.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: He should go....

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:14 am

If Les didn't promote him should he have a job for life?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am

Did you go on Saturday, Andrew ? Where did you do your body language training ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

If he keeps persisting with the selection and tactics then he will continue to lose games heavily and will have to go, preferably by walking out like he did at Nottingham Forest.

I asked in another thread if anyone who wants SMc to stay on can give any positives about his time with us and no-one seems able to. Managerial stability is all well and good but SMc appears to have very little idea on how to utilise the squad of players he has at his disposal, some of which he has clearly written off as not being good enough.

Relegation is a real concern for me this season, especially with the transfer embargo in place.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:45 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:14 am
If Les didn't promote him should he have a job for life?
No he should be sentenced to life for employing a selection of crap, incapable managers - Ollie excepted who was half decent.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:47 am

Uxbridge R yes and 10 years studying human behaviour between 1982 and 1992 and running courses during this time for people to understand their and other peoples behavioural signs - easiest of course is crossing arms suggests defence etc etc. Will that do?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:47 am
Uxbridge R yes and 10 years studying human behaviour between 1982 and 1992 and running courses during this time for people to understand their and other peoples behavioural signs - easiest of course is crossing arms suggests defence etc etc. Will that do?
:D aniclap
Lex Talionis........

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Ah, that's the problem then ? The back four aren't crossing their arms enough ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Fair play to you, that will certainly put you in a tiny minority of football fans.

You say the body language said a lot, but what did it say ?
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:21 am

old pauline wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Ah, that's the problem then ? The back four aren't crossing their arms enough ?
aniclap

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:18 am

Although I agree that it can be very frustrating being a QPR supporter sometimes, shouldn't we know by now that we are not a big club that has many successes?
As I have asked before, what exactly do we expect as QPR supporters? I know what we all dream of but what do we realistically expect?
In terms of size, money and history we rank somewhere around 40th place out of 92 professional teams.
That means that we will have our purple patches in the top division every now and then but basically we are a mid-table Championship team in all departments. Why do we then always expect top notch managers and players? Would you join us if you had others choices at higher profile clubs?

I have the same dreams as all QPR supporters but I didn't start supporting QPR because of the rich cup tradition or the title challenges each year. I started supporting QPR because I fell in love with that small, quirky club at W12 that sometimes defies the odds but more often causes a lot of agony.

We can now sack every player and all the staff and then what? Do we get Harry Kane and Kevin de Bruine in return? Can we perhaps lure Guardiola in? Or do we go fishing in the same pond of the lower leagues and premier league rejects again?
We have just come off the back of 4 good matches in which we showed we can play a bit. Lets stay real and not knee jerk too soon. Plenty of time left to start the manager merry go round again.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:21 am

Joking apart, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We can't keep sacking managers but if we we persevere with him he's highly likely to relegate us. The perfect storm, to use yet another cliche. The only thing likely to keep us up is several other clubs falling foul of FFP and getting docked points. Looks like a great season ahead. :evil: :evil:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am

He shouldn't need to be sacked: he just needs to stop picking the wrong players and playing them in the wrong positions and formation, stop blaming the fringe/young players for his own mistakes, and develop the young players as he was brought in to do in the first place.
Lex Talionis........

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am

Pauline i was just giving a general example. I think if you looked at the way the team members were holding themselves they looked 'slumped'. By that i mean they did not really believe, had a lack of confidence. The start was good enough but the wind can get knocked out of them very quickly. To me what this means is that the manager is not doing a vital part of his job which is to generate self belief and team belief. I am at an advantage saying that because it is pretty well known that this is exactly where Maclaren has failed in nearly all of his manager postings. What would often happen is that the 'feelings' of the players will transport to the supporters who will firstly become resigned and then angry.

My view is that the next 3 games , two against potential relegation candidates will tell a lot. If they want to play for Maclaren you will see a big reaction starting tomorrow. Beaten easily by Reading and a poor display against Derby will turn the crowd and he will be in trouble. The Board will be under enormous pressure and generally they respond to the outpouring of vitriol from the stands.

So in answer to you Uxbridge R what it said to me is that the players are not playing for the manager, they are confused by his tactics and he does not know how to manage them. As many have said he is a coach.

And i could be wrong. This week will tell a lot. If the players don't want him they will start to show it by appearing not to care. And Wegerle my answer to you is that what we fans want is a team that cares. I have written tens of times on this Board about where we sit and to keep expectations down . That i think is different from a team giving its all. I have not had that impression many times this season and if Maclaren's post match interviews are anything to go by he really annoys me so i can imagine there may be a few in the changing room feeling the same way.

Soops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Soops » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am
And Wegerle my answer to you is that what we fans want is a team that cares.
I’m not sure what to think Andrew - on one level that is true but I think we had that last season along with a manager that cared (maybe too much), but that wasn’t enough for many....