sunday times

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: sunday times

Post by W12Allstars » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:47 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am
10 games in, and people are chomping at the bit to get rid of another manager.

Where did they expect to be at this point in the season ?

We spent most of last season in the bottom third of the division, and were hopeless in the cups. We signed one player in the summer, and belatedly added a few on loan.

Here we are, out of the cup and in the bottom third of the league. I'm not happy about it, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Any chance of giving the new manager some time to turn it around ?

Never mind, silly question aniwall
I think a very large part of the problem was that I don't know a single QPR fan who thought his appointment was a good idea. With that lack of goodwill from the off, it's a very tough tightrope to walk.

I had a conversation with a mate at the weekend, and I really haven't been convinced of a managerial appointment we've made since Neil Warnock. And for the record, I don't want him back, just believed he was the right man for the job when we got him in. I thought Chris Ramsey was a good idea, but it didn't work out as well as it should have. But Hughes, Redknapp, Ollie and now McClaren all struck me as short term thinking, no plan for the future and with the exception of Ollie, pretty much all unpopular with the fans from the start.

In short, I'd like a manager I can believe in and get behind, through thick and thin, which there will be plenty of. And I don't feel we've had that in quite a while.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 pm

W12Allstars wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm
Krama is SM.
Never been anywhere near the IOW...that's abroad. And my match analysis would fall well short of his high standard :D

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 am

krama wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 pm
W12Allstars wrote:
Krama is SM.
Never been anywhere near the IOW...that's abroad. And my match analysis would fall well short of his high standard :D
Oh, er...I think he meant our manager SMc.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

We spent most of last season in the bottom third of the division, and were hopeless in the cups. We signed one player in the summer, and belatedly added a few on loan.

Here we are, out of the cup and in the bottom third of the league. I'm not happy about it, but I can't say I'm surprised.

So if we should shut up and be satisfied we are in exactly the same position as we were last season then what exactly was the point of 'getting rid of another manager' when we sacked Holloway? Or was that change justified? :?
I said at the time I thought Holloway was a bit unfortunate to lose his job, and that McLaren was an underwhelming appointment. But he's here now, and deserves time to try and get it right. I haven't told anyone to shut up and be satisfied either.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 am
krama wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 pm
W12Allstars wrote:
Krama is SM.
Oh, er...I think he meant our manager SMc.
:lol: I do realise that, it was a...………...joke, an attempt at humour! :mrgreen:
A lot of intention can get lost in the written word.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:58 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am
White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

So if we should shut up and be satisfied we are in exactly the same position as we were last season then what exactly was the point of 'getting rid of another manager' when we sacked Holloway? Or was that change justified? :?
I said at the time I thought Holloway was a bit unfortunate to lose his job, and that McLaren was an underwhelming appointment. But he's here now, and deserves time to try and get it right. I haven't told anyone to shut up and be satisfied either.
He needs time certainly, but he could help himself by getting the team to leave "everything on the pitch" in coming matches. That's all any of us want I expect... regardless of results. Performances and a few goals will change everything. The players owe it to him and the fans who go to the matches.