sunday times

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

sunday times

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Interesting that Maclaren was saying we were unlucky whilst the Sunday Times said we were shocking - that was their word. I have always hoped i would be wrong but i really wonder why people think Maclaren will be any better at Rangers than he was almost everywhere else. He talked us up after Norwich when we were played off the park. I was at the wigan game when i think we were lucky. 2 fellow relegation worriers in the next 3 games. With Derby in the middle i think we will know a lot more about his future in 2 weeks time. 3 points i would suggest would be a minimum requirement. Less than that and there will be a baying for blood.

As i have said before i hope i am wrong but so far i have seen nothing about Maclaren that inspires any confidence.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4599
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: sunday times

Post by 222gers » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:07 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:01 pm
Interesting that Maclaren was saying we were unlucky whilst the Sunday Times said we were shocking - that was their word. I have always hoped i would be wrong but i really wonder why people think Maclaren will be any better at Rangers than he was almost everywhere else. He talked us up after Norwich when we were played off the park. I was at the wigan game when i think we were lucky. 2 fellow relegation worriers in the next 3 games. With Derby in the middle i think we will know a lot more about his future in 2 weeks time. 3 points i would suggest would be a minimum requirement. Less than that and there will be a baying for blood.

As i have said before i hope i am wrong but so far i have seen nothing about Maclaren that inspires any confidence.
Yes, I saw that report too. They also said Swansea could have had six. The “justbacks” on other boards tell the same story. It ill behoves SM to keep repeating the claptrap about being unlucky - we are not fools. Any justbacks on here to add comments ?

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: sunday times

Post by krama » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Probably best to move on now and not dwell on the past, and look forward to the game at the Madejski on Tuesday night.

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: sunday times

Post by Spencer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:18 pm

krama wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:42 pm
Probably best to move on now and not dwell on the past, and look forward to the game at the Madejski on Tuesday night.
That is good positive thinking Krama .


Just for the record, I think Steve McClaren as an appointment for manager of this club was a mistake. I hope he proves me and everyone wrong, and it is early days. But, with statement midweek like resting the players for this weekends game V Swansea( lost 3-0) and not wanting to get players injured in the cup.(Leistner inured in training) - Plus, just really making cras post match comments about our performances , he doesn't really fill you with confidence.

The problem I think(IMO) is any manager would struggle to a certain degree with this squad of players. But maybe there is already a dressing room issue between some players and management. Which does happen at clubs, I mean...what the hell has happened to Pav ?

Anyway - I like to dwell on the past at times - it does remind me our days when we used to have a half decent football team to support.

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: sunday times

Post by krama » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Spencer wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:18 pm
krama wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:42 pm
Probably best to move on now and not dwell on the past, and look forward to the game at the Madejski on Tuesday night.
That is good positive thinking Krama .


Just for the record, I think Steve McClaren as an appointment for manager of this club was a mistake. I hope he proves me and everyone wrong, and it is early days. But, with statement midweek like resting the players for this weekends game V Swansea( lost 3-0) and not wanting to get players injured in the cup.(Leistner inured in training) - Plus, just really making cras post match comments about our performances , he doesn't really fill you with confidence.

The problem I think(IMO) is any manager would struggle to a certain degree with this squad of players. But maybe there is already a dressing room issue between some players and management. Which does happen at clubs, I mean...what the hell has happened to Pav ?

Anyway - I like to dwell on the past at times - it does remind me our days when we used to have a half decent football team to support.
A very reasoned, balanced and sensible post Spence...to quote Basil Fawlty, we should have you stuffed! :lol:
aniclap

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: sunday times

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:36 pm

krama wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:42 pm
Probably best to move on now and not dwell on the past, and look forward to the game at the Madejski on Tuesday night.
That's the spirit - let's not dwell on anything difficult/real/concerning about the manager or the team's performance, and just look relentlessly forward with a fixed grin rain, thunder or shine. We could rename the board QPRnonymous and re-employ Ian Taylor as moderator-in-chief. Only trouble is, I can't think of anyone this would suit or help apart from SM right now.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3797
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Kingsridge, South Devon

Re: sunday times

Post by W12Allstars » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Krama is SM.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: sunday times

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 am

W12Allstars wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm
Krama is SM.
That's explain it! :lol:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: sunday times

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:44 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 am
W12Allstars wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm
Krama is SM.
That'd explain it! :lol:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: sunday times

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:23 am

I'm the kind of bloke that runs with a management decision until I can really justify otherwise.

I don't see that yet, but coming mighty close.

Our "level" as a club is Championship at best. The sniff of the 5th Round of a cup and we're at heady levels, combined with additional revenue potential, plus....

Those pluses include having a high media profile and scratching your way up or in our case alleviating the crass press we've had for the last decade ( Itchy and Scratchy / Gun-gate / Hughes, Boswhiner, Rednapp FFP etc ) ( Jeeps its a long list I can begin to see why we get the press we do :roll: )

Remember Bristol City last season, a chance to wipe down the crap and maybe re-invent ourselves as a good club, media attention and for McClaren to raise his profile....nope.

Surely even a brief chat with those in place here last year would have told him, don't piss off the regulars ( core supporters ) by fielding shitty selections in Cup games.

to change 1 or 2 in a team pick, maybe, but 7 odd is madness - to then expect them to come out and play the same as the first team, AND then deride them for not performing......

I'm on the slippery slope to wanting him out......

How to make friends and influence people.......I don't think so.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: sunday times

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am

10 games in, and people are chomping at the bit to get rid of another manager.

Where did they expect to be at this point in the season ?

We spent most of last season in the bottom third of the division, and were hopeless in the cups. We signed one player in the summer, and belatedly added a few on loan.

Here we are, out of the cup and in the bottom third of the league. I'm not happy about it, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Any chance of giving the new manager some time to turn it around ?

Never mind, silly question aniwall
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: sunday times

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 am

I think "turn it around" is key here Uxbridge, he's driving it.......

once again the Cup, not league, pisses people off. What's more it turns a fragile position ( having not lost for a few games ) into reverse.

As Alan Hansen, and many before him have said, never change a winning side........

Now you might argue Lampard did the right thing midweek only to see the wheels comes off this weekend ( a loss ) but I suspect most Derby supporters would be happier than us.

We'll see but thus far McClaren hasn't gained many brownie points ....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: sunday times

Post by Spencer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:15 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am
10 games in, and people are chomping at the bit to get rid of another manager.

Where did they expect to be at this point in the season ?

We spent most of last season in the bottom third of the division, and were hopeless in the cups. We signed one player in the summer, and belatedly added a few on loan.

Here we are, out of the cup and in the bottom third of the league. I'm not happy about it, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Any chance of giving the new manager some time to turn it around ?

Never mind, silly question aniwall
A very good point Uxbridge,but it does remind of o Mr Nick Clegg.
Vote for me...I will help al you students..Now I'm in...F... off.

Sometimes managers just seem to kick themselves in their own arse as soon as they open their mouth.
TF couldn't help himself...but Amit seems quieter.

The problems is...we are in a sh.t state and probably will be for next 2-3 years (IMO)

I'm I the minority - but I would have liked to have seen SM persevere with more of the youngsters..but that was never going to happen. Ironically with the "senior " pros now in...it hasn't really changed that much.

Not a lot we can really od apart from ...turn up and support. I would however have one remit...at least play with some conviction and heart...Get beaten, Ok....but look interested.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: sunday times

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

I don't think we were shocking. We were ok in the first half, poorer in the second, toothless throughout. Their two goals came as we were at least trying to chase the game. We didn't play well - i think Swansea will be pretty pleased to have netted 3 on the day. It was an improvement on Norwich.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: sunday times

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am
10 games in, and people are chomping at the bit to get rid of another manager.

Where did they expect to be at this point in the season ?

We spent most of last season in the bottom third of the division, and were hopeless in the cups. We signed one player in the summer, and belatedly added a few on loan.

Here we are, out of the cup and in the bottom third of the league. I'm not happy about it, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Any chance of giving the new manager some time to turn it around ?

Never mind, silly question aniwall
So if we should shut up and be satisfied we are in exactly the same position as we were last season then what exactly was the point of 'getting rid of another manager' when we sacked Holloway? Or was that change justified? :?
Lex Talionis........

Post Reply