Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:24 pm

SM tells us the new recruits are quality and we now have a proper squad, so it's his job to set up so they and other can show it, presumably.

Failing that, isn't he just not doing his job (or else delusional)?

PS In the meantime, guess who're the lowest scorers in the division (I think) and one off the highest goals conceded?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am

The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:39 am

It is surprising how many people equate being a good QPR player with being a perfect choice to be a QPR manager.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 am

It's never a surprise to see the usual few tell everyone how they should think on here and how everyone else is wrong.
It's sad that some spend a lot of time writing to put other posters down.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 am

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 am
It's never a surprise to see the usual few tell everyone how they should think on here and how everyone else is wrong.
It's sad that some spend a lot of time writing to put other posters down.
Blimey!!! I never thought that you would turn on SE.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10342
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Damien » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:04 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Yeah. Wouldn't like it to go badly for one my all time favourites.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Classic 'Ux': you are happy to point out he 'nearly' got relegated out of Division 2 but fail to mention he got them promoted to Division 1 last season. And your point about style of play is risible when you consider how the current manager has got us playing this season.
Ainsworth would be a popular choice with most supporters and is used to working with no money so would work within the constraints we are under.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by krama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:56 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Classic 'Ux': you are happy to point out he 'nearly' got relegated out of Division 2 but fail to mention he got them promoted to Division 1 last season. And your point about style of play is risible when you consider how the current manager has got us playing this season.
Ainsworth would be a popular choice with most supporters and is used to working with no money so would work within the constraints we are under.
...yeah and when that doesn't go well, the likes of you will be on his back yet again. doh!

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by krama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:56 pm
White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Classic 'Ux': you are happy to point out he 'nearly' got relegated out of Division 2 but fail to mention he got them promoted to Division 1 last season. And your point about style of play is risible when you consider how the current manager has got us playing this season.
Ainsworth would be a popular choice with most supporters and is used to working with no money so would work within the constraints we are under.
...yeah and when that doesn't go well, the likes of you will be on his back yet again. doh!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:36 am

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Classic 'Ux': you are happy to point out he 'nearly' got relegated out of Division 2 but fail to mention he got them promoted to Division 1 last season. And your point about style of play is risible when you consider how the current manager has got us playing this season.
Ainsworth would be a popular choice with most supporters and is used to working with no money so would work within the constraints we are under.
Did you miss the bit where I said he's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget ? I would have thought it was self-evident that he got them promoted, since they're now in L1, but it's easy to forget that it took a win on the last day of the season to keep them out of the Conference.

It's called a balanced assessment. Every manager who's been in the game any length of time will have failures on his CV, even the saintly Neil Warnock.When Holloway was appointed, pointing out his failures as well as his successes made me "negative" in your view. Apparently the same applies with Ainsworth. Maybe we should only appoint ex-players as managers. I'm sure that will guarantee success.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20604
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:54 am

What's Glen Roeder doing these days? he was a brilliant player for us.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:36 am
White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am
The clamour for Ainsworth as manager is classic rose-tinted romanticism. He's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget, but has been in charge for six years with very low expectations. Can anyone imagine a QPR manager getting that kind of time to build a team ?

He very nearly took them down to the Conference too.

And have you seen how Wycombe play ? Agricultural doesn't really cover it. I can't imagine that will suddenly be transformed into the beautiful game with the multiplicity of talent at his disposal in W12.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Classic 'Ux': you are happy to point out he 'nearly' got relegated out of Division 2 but fail to mention he got them promoted to Division 1 last season. And your point about style of play is risible when you consider how the current manager has got us playing this season.
Ainsworth would be a popular choice with most supporters and is used to working with no money so would work within the constraints we are under.
Did you miss the bit where I said he's done a very good job there on an extremely limited budget ? I would have thought it was self-evident that he got them promoted, since they're now in L1, but it's easy to forget that it took a win on the last day of the season to keep them out of the Conference.

It's called a balanced assessment. Every manager who's been in the game any length of time will have failures on his CV, even the saintly Neil Warnock.When Holloway was appointed, pointing out his failures as well as his successes made me "negative" in your view. Apparently the same applies with Ainsworth. Maybe we should only appoint ex-players as managers. I'm sure that will guarantee success.
So would you be for or against appointing Ainsworth if SMc was sacked?
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9715
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:08 pm

That would depend what the other options were. It would be nice if we went through a proper recruitment process, and got the best available man for the job. If that's Ainsworth, all well and good.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:08 pm
That would depend what the other options were. It would be nice if we went through a proper recruitment process, and got the best available man for the job. If that's Ainsworth, all well and good.
Like we did when we appointed SMc? :lol:
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:05 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 am
It's never a surprise to see the usual few tell everyone how they should think on here and how everyone else is wrong.
It's sad that some spend a lot of time writing to put other posters down.
But you seem equally happy to tell people how to think or in fact it's just an exchange of opinions. As i mentioned in the other thread being able get out of a poor run and also keep some cleans sheets have been positives that there appears to have been no credit given for.

Likewise whilst the current formation doesn't appear great on paper it was also the one that got us 10 points out of 12. Now for a variety of reasons it might be time to change it but let's not pretend it's been a failure entirely. I think it would be a brave manager leaving one of Wells, Eze and Freeman on the bench so it's easy to berate SMC when there is no clear comparison point. Incidentally, if we were to drop Eze, that would potentially be one less young player being given game time if Wszolek proves to be the most useful replacement. If we're going to insist on comparing SMC to IH then the latter was equally guilty of questionable formations and players out of position.

Imo SMC does need to be willing to make changes sooner in games and to bring Smith on for Eze against Swansea did seem to be a change for change's sake.

Personally, i have no confidence that either Ainsworth or the Cowley brothers (do they come as a pair or can we pencil in our next 3 managers if we split them up?) would do a better job. Bear in mind there doesn't appear to have been a huge rush to try and sign them from any of the number of clubs in a similar position to us. I wouldn't have been against their appointments in principle but picking whichever manager is doing well at a lower league club (or has a link to QPR) isn't any more concrete a strategy than picking managers who've managed at higher levels who are now out of favour. Even if the former has more appeal to it.

I'm sure Gareth Ainsworth will be our manager soon enough and i expect we'll be having this conversation again, when you'll be calling for his sacking after 7 games and most of the posters who were reticent about his appointment will then be the ones counseling against his sacking.

Post Reply