Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm
Damien wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 am
It was more "tongue in cheek" TBH. I personally don't think changing manager yet again will make any difference - a lot of the players simply aren't up to this level of football. Thing is, two more shellackings this week and it will probably be a distinct possibility. And as you say... who'd want it who is an improvement on McClaren. Warnock probably would, but we'd have to wait for Cardiff to sack him. Oh and I wouldn't trust those who make the decisions to get it right anyway. S MC needs to play his best players in their best positions and hope they respond, or we will just blunder on to the next appointment.
What makes you think Colin would want to return to an ailing club with no transfer money? or any decent manager come to that.
No point in putting the club down: plenty of managers would see us as a great opportunity.

Obviously we should never have got rid of Holloway to appoint SMc and loads of supporters would be glad to have him back but Gareth Ainsworth I'm sure would jump at the chance to come back and now has some decent managerial experience and has probably taken Wycombe as far as he can. And the Cowley brothers at Lincoln would also see the QPR job as a big step up.
Why do you think we ended up with SMC after making the decision to get rid of Holloway?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Damien wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Great stuff. Who have you lads got lined up as a replacement ?

I'm sure managers will be falling over themselves to come to a struggling club with a transfer embargo in place for the rest of the season.
It was more "tongue in cheek" TBH. I personally don't think changing manager yet again will make any difference - a lot of the players simply aren't up to this level of football. Thing is, two more shellackings this week and it will probably be a distinct possibility. And as you say... who'd want it who is an improvement on McClaren. Warnock probably would, but we'd have to wait for Cardiff to sack him. Oh and I wouldn't trust those who make the decisions to get it right anyway. S MC needs to play his best players in their best positions and hope they respond, or we will just blunder on to the next appointment.
What makes you think Colin would want to return to an ailing club with no transfer money? or any decent manager come to that.
I've already stated that any decent manager will look elsewhere(says a lot about McClaren that he took the job). I only mentioned Warnock, as like Olly he seems to have a bit of a soft spot for us. Maybe the club needs to be relegated before it can start to improve. I don't know any of the answers to our predicament - and I'm not sure those in charge do either. I know one thing though, the player's we have had over the last few seasons are bar a few exceptions, the worst I have ever seen at QPR. There, I've said it - fill yer boots.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Obviously we should never have got rid of Holloway to appoint SMc and loads of supporters would be glad to have him back

It’s not obvious to me and I definitely would not want him back.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Bhatia is now back in control and he had a very good relationship with Warnock. Ferdinand would have to go as Warnock does not want to work with him but he may be on his way to the FA. Cardiff are having their worst start in their history so Warnock must now be under pressure...... it's written in the stars!!

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am
White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 pm
Poor old SMc eh? Doesn't deserve this criticism you think?
Criticism of him is fine and deserved based on the last couple of results and performances. However, when the critics are so one eyed as to be completely unable to recognize anything positive in the man, and so desperate that they'll leap on any and every opportunity to have a pop at him, I tend to call foul. You'll be familiar with the type.
So you can't give any reasons why he's the man for the job then. What are these positives you see?
This deflection technique you've got going's pretty silly. You haven't named any realistic potential replacements.
Last edited by deadendjob on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

No point in putting the club down: plenty of managers would see us as a great opportunity.

Obviously we should never have got rid of Holloway to appoint SMc and loads of supporters would be glad to have him back but Gareth Ainsworth I'm sure would jump at the chance to come back and now has some decent managerial experience and has probably taken Wycombe as far as he can. And the Cowley brothers at Lincoln would also see the QPR job as a big step up.
Why do you think we ended up with SMC after making the decision to get rid of Holloway?
Better ask Ferdinand etc about why we 'ended up' with SMC: my guess is he talked a good talk about bringing on the youngsters and pushing on to the next level and how he managed England and this combined with the rose tinted memory of Schteeve doing a bit of coaching for us a few years back when we had a squad full of experienced Premiership players which is totally different to what we have now.
Lex Talionis........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:03 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm
White Duck wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am

Criticism of him is fine and deserved based on the last couple of results and performances. However, when the critics are so one eyed as to be completely unable to recognize anything positive in the man, and so desperate that they'll leap on any and every opportunity to have a pop at him, I tend to call foul. You'll be familiar with the type.
So you can't give any reasons why he's the man for the job then. What are these positives you see?
This deflection technique you've got going's pretty silly. You haven't named any potential replacements.
Have a good read of this thread properly.
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:03 pm
deadendjob wrote:
White Duck wrote:

This deflection technique you've got going's pretty silly. You haven't named any potential replacements.
Sorry, I'm incorrect. One. Joey Barton. My phrasing was also 'realistic.'
But let me intercept this, you'll probably make a wild claim to suggest Colin, although you haven't actually named him.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:10 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm
White Duck wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

But let me intercept this, you'll probably make a wild claim to suggest Colin, although you haven't actually named him.
Still wrong: I've suggested Ainsworth and the Cowley brothers on this thread.
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:10 pm
deadendjob wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Ah you did too. Obviously skimmed over the general drivel and missed it.

The phrase realistic still springs to mind.
Cowley Bro's have done well, but are in League 2.
Ainsworth - just got promoted into League One.

The Championship is a large step up from where these two suggestions are currently at.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Damien wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Great stuff. Who have you lads got lined up as a replacement ?

I'm sure managers will be falling over themselves to come to a struggling club with a transfer embargo in place for the rest of the season.

Under FFP we will never have any transfer money worth its name so no decent manager for the foreseeable future

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm
White Duck wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

The Championship is a large step up from where these two suggestions are currently at.
So you think those names aren't big enough names for QPR? Surely better to go for someone wanting to step up the leagues?
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm
deadendjob wrote:
White Duck wrote:

So you think those names aren't big enough names for QPR? Surely better to go for someone wanting to step up the leagues?
You're putting words in my mouth. You mean like JFH?

The word realistic still springs to mind. Tell me, why would two sets of managers who are doing well and have stability at their respective clubs, want to make the step up to a club with a transfer embargo, little squad depth and are struggling in the League?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm
deadendjob wrote:

You're putting words in my mouth. You mean like JFH?

The word realistic still springs to mind. Tell me, why would two sets of managers who are doing well and have stability at their respective clubs, want to make the step up to a club with a transfer embargo, little squad depth and are struggling in the League?
As stated before both of those suggested have plenty of experience in the lower leagues and realistically are not going to get their clubs much higher: JFH had about one season of experience and benefitted hugely from inheriting a Burton team on the up from Rowett.

Of course they'd be interested in coming to a Championship club with far better players: they'd be on much better money as well.
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:50 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:54 pm
Nothing really wrong with the players: it's the team selection, tactics and game management that's the problem.
Hemed and Wells movement have been good and their Diego Costa-esque harassment
of defenders has been good, the set up to feed them chances have been bad;
i.e. tactics to load the bullets for them to fire.
Agree with you Duck.
Staff Benda Bilili