Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Hemed and Wells make Washington look prolific !

Post by White Duck » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:45 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:01 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:54 pm
Nothing really wrong with the players: it's the team selection, tactics and game management that's the problem.
Thank god for that. Taxi for McLaren then :(
Great stuff. Who have you lads got lined up as a replacement ?

I'm sure managers will be falling over themselves to come to a struggling club with a transfer embargo in place for the rest of the season.
Yeah I'm sure no manager would want to come here: one of the worst jobs in football isn't it? :roll: We have a decent squad with some really promising young players who are being terribly mismanaged at the moment and just need someone who can get them playing again.
SMc hasn't got a clue.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Perhaps you'd like to name one. It's the easiest thing in the world to shoot people down. Try a creative suggestion.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Poor old SMc eh? Doesn't deserve this criticism you think?

Well try your best to actually give some decent reasons WHY he's the man for the job then.
Lex Talionis........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm
Perhaps you'd like to name one. It's the easiest thing in the world to shoot people down. Try a creative suggestion.
How about Joey Barton? whistle
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 am

White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm
How about Joey Barton? whistle
Doing reasonable with Fleetwood tbh. 3 wins, 6 draws, 4 losses.

Cod fans fond of him too.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am

Messi would struggle to score in that team. We need to be playing with width, but asking the guys who are good at that to play there, like Pav and BOS, rather than trying to shoehorn people like Eze into the role. Football is a simple game ... play to your strengths.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:30 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am
Messi would struggle to score in that team. We need to be playing with width, but asking the guys who are good at that to play there, like Pav and BOS, rather than trying to shoehorn people like Eze into the role. Football is a simple game ... play to your strengths.
Its a bit like the old Gerrard/Lampard England situation. Trying to appease the fans by playing both, with one out of position.
Think McClaren needs to sit down and pick his best team and maybe not his best players. Playing Freeman out Eze out wide will not enhance the teams performance and not help out strikers.

I wonder what those think who were at at Swansea think ? From games I have seen Freeman and Eze look better better either inside or off the strikers and not out wide ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am

White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 pm
Criticism of him is fine and deserved based on the last couple of results and performances. However, when the critics are so one eyed as to be completely unable to recognize anything positive in the man, and so desperate that they'll leap on any and every opportunity to have a pop at him, I tend to call foul. You'll be familiar with the type.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:31 am

Seny Dieng is doing well at the moment.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Damien wrote:
White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:54 pm
Nothing really wrong with the players: it's the team selection, tactics and game management that's the problem.

I'm sure managers will be falling over themselves to come to a struggling club with a transfer embargo in place for the rest of the season.
It was more "tongue in cheek" TBH. I personally don't think changing manager yet again will make any difference - a lot of the players simply aren't up to this level of football. Thing is, two more shellackings this week and it will probably be a distinct possibility. And as you say... who'd want it who is an improvement on McClaren. Warnock probably would, but we'd have to wait for Cardiff to sack him. Oh and I wouldn't trust those who make the decisions to get it right anyway. S MC needs to play his best players in their best positions and hope they respond, or we will just blunder on to the next appointment.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am
White Duck wrote:
Criticism of him is fine and deserved based on the last couple of results and performances. However, when the critics are so one eyed as to be completely unable to recognize anything positive in the man, and so desperate that they'll leap on any and every opportunity to have a pop at him, I tend to call foul. You'll be familiar with the type.
So you can't give any reasons why he's the man for the job then. What are these positives you see?
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Damien wrote:

It was more "tongue in cheek" TBH. I personally don't think changing manager yet again will make any difference - a lot of the players simply aren't up to this level of football. Thing is, two more shellackings this week and it will probably be a distinct possibility. And as you say... who'd want it who is an improvement on McClaren. Warnock probably would, but we'd have to wait for Cardiff to sack him. Oh and I wouldn't trust those who make the decisions to get it right anyway. S MC needs to play his best players in their best positions and hope they respond, or we will just blunder on to the next appointment.
What makes you think Colin would want to return to an ailing club with no transfer money? or any decent manager come to that.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:57 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am
White Duck wrote:
So you can't give any reasons why he's the man for the job then. What are these positives you see?
whichever manager was at qpr, the likes of you would never find any good in them, just moan about them all the time. Reckon you'd find fault with Pep. :lol:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm
Damien wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:

What makes you think Colin would want to return to an ailing club with no transfer money? or any decent manager come to that.
No point in putting the club down: plenty of managers would see us as a great opportunity.

Obviously we should never have got rid of Holloway to appoint SMc and loads of supporters would be glad to have him back but Gareth Ainsworth I'm sure would jump at the chance to come back and now has some decent managerial experience and has probably taken Wycombe as far as he can. And the Cowley brothers at Lincoln would also see the QPR job as a big step up.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:11 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm
Damien wrote:
No point in putting the club down: plenty of managers would see us as a great opportunity.

Obviously we should never have got rid of Holloway to appoint SMc and loads of supporters would be glad to have him back but Gareth Ainsworth I'm sure would jump at the chance to come back and now has some decent managerial experience and has probably taken Wycombe as far as he can. And the Cowley brothers at Lincoln would also see the QPR job as a big step up.
pot meet kettle.