Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 pm

krama wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:33 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:24 am
White Duck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:08 pm
I'm so glad I have the apologist krama on ignore: I bet he's trying to put fires out all over the message boards tonight! :D
I'm afraid some people just lack passion!

Coming back to the purpose of this board - vital, caring and and interesting critique/controversy/opinion about all things QPR - the stats tell their own story, notwithstanding the manager's rose-tinted take/damage limitation: one shot on target, barely a third of the possession, and a result that leaves us with three defeats out of three, no goals scored, and eight conceded.

As krama loves to tell us, we're no experts - but if our club is currently run by experts, I'm a monkey's uncle!
Lack passion??? Plenty of passion for stuff that REALLY matters in life chum. This is football we are talking here...simple as that really. :roll:

oh btw you are a monkey's uncle....they are more expert than you and your ilk will ever be, for all your bleatings and overblown opinions. Fact.
People of 'my ilk'? Good god! People like you (viz. who can't even bear to treat others as individuals) are, to quote Basil Fawlty, exactly how Nazi Germany started! I'm glad to hear you have passion for things in life other than QPR. Which raises the fairly obvious question: why don't you pursue them on other message boards than this one?

You remind me of the late phase Gerry Francis - always grouching and groaning that he didn't need football (until he abandoned ship to leave us to our fate a la Fernandes).
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
You are constantly cracking on about passion, the only passion you appear to have is the passion to relentlessly criticise the club and its staff.
You don't even have enough passion to go to games, despite living a lot closer to W12 than many of the season ticket holders who travel and fly much greater distances.
You haven't got a scrap of passion for QPR and you certainly aren't a QPR supporter despite any protestations of having been a regular attendee decades ago. Face it, QPR has been a bad marriage for you, get a divorce.
On a purely etymological point, passion derives from Gk pathos = suffering. QPR make me suffer. Ergo, I have passion for the club.
Your and krama's tired and risible attempts to paint me as a less worthy supporter for living outside the UK and watching the club live when I can, and on media at other times (despite dissenting voices elsewhere on the board asserting the pluralism of our membership) are presumptuous, ill-informed and frankly worthless - and say more about your own resentments and issues than about someone you don't know even slightly. How dare you speak about my historic relationship with the club since 1976! Quite frankly, you're both embarrassments!

Like a lot of people on the board, I enjoy the pro game less than I used to for many reasons, which is sad and painful in itself. But that has more to do with QPR than me, and the long suicide of the industry's soul over many years, which clearly fuels the admixture of antipathy in my love.

If you and krama can't deal with this, just ignore me - I don't give a monkey's either way!

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:
You are constantly cracking on about passion, the only passion you appear to have is the passion to relentlessly criticise the club and its staff.
You don't even have enough passion to go to games, despite living a lot closer to W12 than many of the season ticket holders who travel and fly much greater distances.
You haven't got a scrap of passion for QPR and you certainly aren't a QPR supporter despite any protestations of having been a regular attendee decades ago. Face it, QPR has been a bad marriage for you, get a divorce.
On a purely etymological point, passion derives from Gk pathos = suffering. QPR make me suffer. Ergo, I have passion for the club.
Your and krama's tired and risible attempts to paint me as a less worthy supporter for living outside the UK and watching the club live when I can, and on media at other times (despite dissenting voices elsewhere on the board asserting the pluralism of our membership) are presumptuous, ill-informed and frankly worthless - and say more about your own resentments and issues than about someone you don't know even slightly. How dare you speak about my historic relationship with the club since 1976! Quite frankly, you're both embarrassments!

Like a lot of people on the board, I enjoy the pro game less than I used to for many reasons, which is sad and painful in itself. But that has more to do with QPR than me, and the long suicide of the industry's soul over many years, which clearly fuels the admixture of antipathy in my love.

If you and krama can't deal with this, just ignore me - I don't give a monkey's either way!
I don't agree with all you say... but your passion and concern for QPR is evident.Hope that didn't come across as too patronising :)

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:25 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

You DO have an issue with monkeys don't you, another thread was being a monkey's uncle, now this!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 pm

Perhaps you two could refrain from insulting each other momentarily, put your heads together, and come up with a plausible reason for SM bringing on Wszolek and Hall with the score at 0-3 and only three minutes to go ! It's been baffling me all day.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Maybe he gets a cut of their appearance money. He must have learnt something from good old 'Arry :wink:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 pm
Perhaps you two could refrain from insulting each other momentarily, put your heads together, and come up with a plausible reason for SM bringing on Wszolek and Hall with the score at 0-3 and only three minutes to go ! It's been baffling me all day.
It's imponderable - we might as well ask the Sibyl!

What are your thoughts, krama - apart from 'let's move on'?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Oh, the victim card. Just carry on slagging off QPR if that is what gets you off.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Oh, the victim card. Just carry on slagging off QPR if that is what gets you off.
Just carry on slagging off QPR fans if that's what gets you off.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am

People have a right to be angry. This is sheiser. Ollie was getting there albeit slowly and was given the iron boot. McCacken is almost certainly for the chop. Till it comes he has my support but he appears to have, as they say "lost the dressing room". He seems to have ripped the bollocks out of the team.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:32 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

I never slag off fans, just the Legion of Gloom who don't even support the club by attending matches.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:32 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

I never slag off fans, just the Legion of Gloom who don't even support the club by attending matches.
Just how many matches attended entitles one to have an opinion on QPR? Perhaps those who do not attend at least 50% of games should be banned on here?

It's also interesting that you tone down the abuse when you post on LoftForWords, despite the negativity by a number of posters being far greater IMO. I wonder why that is?
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Just how many matches attended entitles one to have an opinion on QPR? Perhaps those who do not attend at least 50% of games should be banned on here?

It's also interesting that you tone down the abuse when you post on LoftForWords, despite the negativity by a number of posters being far greater IMO. I wonder why that is?
50% is a fair number. Anyone who doesn't watch 50% of matches live should keep their opinions on QPR to themselves... or thank those who do for their insights after matches.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

50% is a fair number. Anyone who doesn't watch 50% of matches live should keep their opinions on QPR to themselves... or thank those who do for their insights after matches.
Blimey, your pomposity never ceases to amaze me :shock:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

How about posting that on LFW then?
Lex Talionis........