Bobby Zamora Day

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Bobby Zamora Day

Post by White Duck » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:08 pm

krama wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:49 pm
White Duck wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:55 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Having to send him off to France because he couldn't play for us whilst on £70k a week pretty much puts him at the bottom of the pile by a distance. He was pushing Mark Dennis hard for the number of red cards at QPR but at least Mark Dennis wasn't shit stirring in the dressing room all the time.
Marseille would have been paying most if not all of his wages I think. So hardly 'bottom of the pile by a distance' in terms of value compared to the likes of SWP who was happy to sit in the reserves forever whilst taking the £££££s.
...but how do you know these statements you make are fact?...purely speculation from an outsiders standpoint...how do you know SWP was happy just taking the money? Did you speak with him about this! Maybe there were other factors in play? Who knows. :? :?
Note where I said "I think": it was an opinion. And read below for confirmation re SWP.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... ove8947732
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:34 pm

White Duck wrote:

Marseille would have been paying most if not all of his wages I think. So hardly 'bottom of the pile by a distance' in terms of value compared to the likes of SWP who was happy to sit in the reserves forever whilst taking the £££££s.
I believe they paid a contribution towards his wages but not a lot as we were in a hole due to the length of his ban and they knew that. He needed competitive games under his belt for when/ if he came back and his comments about QPR whilst he was in exile said much about his opinion of the club. I was surprised he was welcomed back with open arms by so many after those comments... and so was he, as stated in interviews with him at the time. He only came back because OM couldn't afford his wages and a transfer fee.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

BetaCam
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by BetaCam » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 pm

Best season I can remember. By a land mile.
I was there early on, and during those final minutes at Wembley. Never to be forgotten.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:57 am

BetaCam wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 pm
Best season I can remember. By a land mile.
I was there early on, and during those final minutes at Wembley. Never to be forgotten.
Yeah it was a great season with loads more highs than lows, culminating in a great day out at Wembley.

It might be a good few years before we have another season as successful as that one.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:08 pm
krama wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:49 pm
White Duck wrote:

...but how do you know these statements you make are fact?...purely speculation from an outsiders standpoint...how do you know SWP was happy just taking the money? Did you speak with him about this! Maybe there were other factors in play? Who knows. :? :?
Note where I said "I think": it was an opinion. And read below for confirmation re SWP.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... ove8947732
I noted that of course...thinking is just speculation as I suggested.
All that article states is that SWP declined a move to Charlton...it does not say why, again I say that it could be many factors involved in him declining the move...again just pure speculation on your part that he was happy to stay and take the money.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Bobby Z... A decent player and by most accounts a decent human being. Barton was neither. Try not to confuse team peromance and his 'endeavour' on the park. For a philosopher he was barely an adequate professional footballer and a flipping divise moron.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:27 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Bobby Z... A decent player and by most accounts a decent human being. Barton was neither. Try not to confuse team peromance and his 'endeavour' on the park. For a philosopher he was barely an adequate professional footballer and a flipping divise moron.
Indeed. Although Bobby cost us a lot in transfer fees and wages and was on the injured list a lot, at least we got something back in some decent performances and goals - THAT goal, plus the one at WBA and the hooked shot away to Sunderland in particular.
I remember with some amusement the home match when he was sent off for high kicking. He could hardly raise his boot above waist level.....

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Interestingly, BZ's strike rate bears almost exact comparison to a certain Conor Washington: 83(12) and 92(13) respectively. If it weren't for THAT goal, it would surely be hard to conclude he was much more than a wash-out (no pun intended), surely - forever injured/half-fit, less mobile than Matt Smith, and expensive.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:04 pm

I think the fact that Bobby could barely walk on to the pitch unaided but still managed to make a meaningful contribution to the match endeared him to the fans. He rarely did the full 90 minutes of course.