U23s today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

U23s today

Post by northernr » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:30 pm

who is this Deshane Dalling? Could be something special, just scored a screamer - Taarabt Swansea like goal for the U23s

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: U23s today

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

northernr wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:30 pm
who is this Deshane Dalling? Could be something special, just scored a screamer - Taarabt Swansea like goal for the U23s
Yep, he looked very impressive. I also liked the look of Genovese & Felix at the back too, very attack minded but did the defensive work well too. The future's bright (Osayi-Samuel), the future's hooped. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm

I also saw some of the game online. I liked the way that they passed the ball around and that they came back from 0-2 down. Very encouraging.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Swehoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Swehoops » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 pm

We signed Dalling during last season after he was released by Huddersfield. 20 years old and contracted until the end of this season.

He was given a squad number before the Bristol Rovers game, but was left out of the matchday squad.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 am

Somehow I look on these lads as my own kids, you know you have to let them fly but......somewhere deep down you know you have to warn them about the nasties in the world.

In this case, it'll be all the other Scouts and Hangers On that come with football nowadays, their cards will have been marked for sure, if you've seen it be it online or by attending they'll have seen it too....

we're doomed, doomed I say :roll: :roll:

( note to self, most of my posts end with "doomed" - I must get out of it )
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:09 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 am
Somehow I look on these lads as my own kids, you know you have to let them fly but......somewhere deep down you know you have to warn them about the nasties in the world.

In this case, it'll be all the other Scouts and Hangers On that come with football nowadays, their cards will have been marked for sure, if you've seen it be it online or by attending they'll have seen it too....

we're doomed, doomed I say :roll: :roll:

( note to self, most of my posts end with "doomed" - I must get out of it )
Warmington on Sea?

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 pm

yes :D very close to it.....

my favourite was always the photographer, Talfryn Thomas, rumor has it he got more laughs than Mainwaring and got dropped, just a wonderful character actor.
Similarly the appeal of The Major in Fawlty Towers, wonderful acting, just watch him as he gets a cup of coffee thrown over him in one episode. John Cleese is a more generous host that most of his fellows and relished the performance and his inclusion.

all of which leads to Ronaldo being a team player? sometimes I think he is, for Portugal, and other times when at Real, definitely not.

Taarabt a team player? Never saw it. Do-Do? Nope....others?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Bassong played again: as long as the wages fit then it makes sense to sign him IMO.
Lex Talionis........

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 pm

my favourite was always the photographer, Talfryn Thomas, rumor has it he got more laughs than Mainwaring and got dropped, just a wonderful character actor.
Similarly the appeal of The Major in Fawlty Towers, wonderful acting, just watch him as he gets a cup of coffee thrown over him in one episode. John Cleese is a more generous host that most of his fellows and relished the performance and his inclusion.

all of which leads to Ronaldo being a team player? sometimes I think he is, for Portugal, and other times when at Real, definitely not.

:D Had to look him up, Private Cheeseman. Remember the actor from loads of parts, very Welsh. Taarabt had his odd moments as a team player. Always remember his flick pass to Routledge. Marsh and Bowles had their individual moments but were always team players.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:29 pm

20+ assists in our promotion season and many more besides before and after that season would suggest he was more of a team player than Marsh ever was. Of the three, Bowles wins by a distance for being a team player IMO.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:48 am

White Duck wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:54 pm
Bassong played again: as long as the wages fit then it makes sense to sign him IMO.
Why? By all accounts he has been very poor! Leave well alone!
QPR & Ireland

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:51 am

Shodipo out for four months with his latest injury.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Got shot at the end of 'Survivors'. Bit of a shock that. No laughing matter for sure.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Another very convincing win earlier today against Palarse, who used to be famous for developing talents

If it is us who are moving forward or Palarse moving backwards is the million dollar question

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Dalling scored a couple of good goals and Oteh's & Chair's weren't bad either. Little Smyth got injured. :?