Birmingham match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Birmingham match thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 pm
I don't think the fans should ideally have been singing about our new manager's sacking, but after those appalling performances, what did he/you expect: a warm rain from the grandstands of 'play up the Rs' and 'rotten luck, old chap'?
Of course not, but perhaps a little patience wouldn't have gone amiss.

Birmingham were bloody awful on Saturday, and while their support was very subdued, at no point did they get on the players' or the manager's backs. And Monk has already had more time than McLaren to sort things out. It's not McLaren's fault Holloway was sacked or that we haven't apparently got a penny to spend, so the least we can do as supporters is cut the bloke a little slack.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:59 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
I don't think the fans should ideally have been singing about our new manager's sacking, but after those appalling performances, what did he/you expect: a warm rain from the grandstands of 'play up the Rs' and 'rotten luck, old chap'?

Birmingham were bloody awful on Saturday, and while their support was very subdued, at no point did they get on the players' or the manager's backs. And Monk has already had more time than McLaren to sort things out. It's not McLaren's fault Holloway was sacked or that we haven't apparently got a penny to spend, so the least we can do as supporters is cut the bloke a little slack.
nailonhead

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Fair enough, I guess, but football fans - and QPR fans in particular - have never been noted for their 'patience', have they? In his autobiography, Stan himself said the crowd at LR could be quite 'nasty' back in the day - as top players like Don Givens and Don Masson both learned. Still, losing with dignity, as we did against Sheff. United, doesn't bring down the ire of the fans on the players. Playing in a way that embarrasses the supporters rightly does!

I think the issues with McClaren have been that he came in after Ollie's ousting with an unconvincing record at best, saying all kinds of fine things about playing good football from the back and what not, and then put out a side that performed disgracefully in the first games, having had the entire close season to shape and organise his squad - after which he seems to have ditched his playing system, dropped his nominated goalkeeper, and said it all hinges on the loans, in which case why employ a coach at all? Hardly confidence-inspiring stuff, is it?

Following QPR is like riding a carousel where some of the horses go up, some go down, and others break off at unpredictable moments - while the circus masters (and some of the fans) tell us everything is fine all the time, and it's all the fun of the family fair, and what can you do but pay your money and look like you're having fun?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star