Birmingham match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Birmingham match thread

Post by Devonranger » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Think many fans have seen many versions of "The Emperors New Clothes" down Loftus Road way over the years and understandably are a bit glass half full after only a couple of positive results off the back of some less than promising showings ......

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 pm

God - just for once, try reading the posts and you might entertain a little critical thinking/alternative reflection to balance your frankly brainless positivity.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:21 pm
Very quiet here....a good point away and a second consecutive clean sheet, thought people would be buzzing? No? :?
God - just for once, try reading other people's posts and you might entertain a little critical perspective to balance your increasingly spooky positivity.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Have to agree with SMc in his post match interview, we have signed some good quality experienced pro's during August which has brightened our outlook somewhat. Well done to the club dealing with such difficult circumstances.

We aren't losing too many players on International duty so we will be as ready as we can be for a tough trip to Bolton.

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... am-0-0-qpr

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:46 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm
krama wrote:
Very quiet here....a good point away and a second consecutive clean sheet, thought people would be buzzing? No? :?
God - just for once, try reading other people's posts and you might entertain a little critical perspective to balance your increasingly spooky positivity.
What?
You must be well peeved QPR didn't lose today, nothing to be spookily negative about...as always! :lol:
Were you in your armchair again today, instead of actually supporting the team for once? Others manage to get over from Ireland!

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:46 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm
krama wrote:
What?
You must be well peeved QPR didn't lose today, nothing to be spookily negative about...as always! :lol:
Were you in your armchair again today, instead of actually supporting the team for once? Others manage to get over from Ireland!
Krama, whoever you are, (personal insult deleted. Last warning.)

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

To be fair to Stainrod, why not let him comment on the game first himself......

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:43 pm
2 points dropped, frankly. Two poor teams,.although we were undoubtedly the better of them.

Birmingham offered no threat whatsoever, and the game was really there for the taking. You could understand putting Smith on, but replacing Hemed with Cameron was very negative.

You can say it's a point away from home and a clean sheet, but I doubt we'll play many poorer teams this season.
Pretty much agree with this. Brum were desperately poor, will be amazed if they are not down in the bottom 3 come business time.

But on the positive its another clean sheet and SMc appears to have realised our limitations, ditched the fancy stuff and gone back to basics. So long as the two loanees up front stay fit we'll have enough quality to stay up comfortably i think.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm
To be fair to Stainrod, why not let him comment on the game first himself......
Probably because, for the individual concerned, being 'fair' (let alone intelligent) has nothing to do with it . . . but I'm glad to learn belatedly I can block him at least.

Anyway, apparently I'm on a last (which also appears to be a first) warning, while said individual gets to say and do as he likes.

(With all due respect to our moderator, I'm glad he doesn't referee for a living.)
Last edited by stainrod's elbow on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm

I hope 'ditching the fancy stuff' doesn't mean stop playing football (as our manager confidently announced he would be trying to do when he arrived), but of course saying one thing and doing another is hardly alien to this industry.

I'd say a 0-0 against a team who hasn't won all season, in a game we clearly should have won, is a glass half empty scenario - especially as I bet we won't win too many on our travels again this season. (As I recall, for context, Ollie took us up there to win 4-1 and 2-1 last year and the year before.)

Mind you, as an overseas supporter who has been belittled on this board for not crossing the Irish Sea on a weekly basis, I'd probably better brace myself for the latest unsanctioned insult.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:42 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm
I hope 'ditching the fancy stuff' doesn't mean stop playing football (as our manager confidently announced he would be trying to do when he arrived), but of course saying one thing and doing another is hardly alien to this industry.

I'd say a 0-0 against a team who hasn't won all season, in a game we clearly should have won, is a glass half empty scenario - especially as I bet we won't win too many on our travels again this season. (As I recall, for context, Ollie took us up there to win 4-1 and 2-1 last year and the year before.)

Mind you, as an overseas supporter who has been belittled on this board for not crossing the Irish Sea on a weekly basis, I'd probably better brace myself for the latest unsanctioned insult.
With respect sir, you don't quite get it do you...its not the fact you don't cross the Irish sea for games, that is quite understandable, but it's is your overly opinionated and vociferous views of games which you never ever see in the flesh so to speak and are based on normally on a few highlight on the telly or online. Your vociferous views and opinions I feel would be more tolerated and respected if you actually attended games, or perhaps you would not be so belittled if your opinions were more in keeping with your attendance, ie a bit more subdued. That's the issue I think, and if truth be known, maybe others may feel the same, who knows....but maybe just myself.
There you go..... :wink: *thumbs up emoticon* :P

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 pm

I thought I'd blocked you as a 'foe' (though I could think of a better word that I'm probably not allowed to say), but apparently the function is dysfunctional! Let these, therefore, be my last wasted words to you, krama.

It's so clearly you who doesn't 'get' it one can only feel a kind of sliver of pity! Wittering on about the 'right kind' of QPR supporter, responding to any kind of balanced criticality with the anxiety of one who seems to treat QPR as his own little cult/fiedom rather than the broad church it is, and evening trying to swat other posters' relatively mild-mannered protests against you aside this weekend . . . any sane person would be embarrassed, or at least take pause for thought. Intelligent people can bear complexity, nuance and difference - I rest my case!

Your implication that you are speaking for others, meanwhile, and your attempt to legislate a 'legitimate' spectrum/volume of opinion in individual cases according to your perception of a fan's credentials, is just risible, ridiculous and offensive.

Did it never occur to you that your own opinionatedness is the real problem here, or, more precisely, your inability to tolerate those of others that your frankly paranoid mind-set can't deal with?

As a fan since 1976 who's expended a huge amount of money, time and energy on, and suffered and joyed with, this club all over the country, as season ticket holder, supporters' club member, writer, and follower, in many guises and with many degrees of participation, try to understand I don't need to justify the form of my love of QPR to the likes of you or anyone.

Now I'm off to block you again - and hope the dotorg does its job this time, and you stay off my radar once and for all!

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:50 am

Oh FFS. For those on here whose negativity so overcomes their dick free underpant stains of self indigniation so much they have to jump on anyone remotely critical of their absence from match threads during anything other than a thorough dicking I would just like to offer them a hug and some plastic tweezers. You super-true supporters of common sense, free speech and everything that is wrong with the country.. Rock on, twats
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Paul Fitz » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:59 am

Well.........I’m Irish........did cross the Irish Sea (Wales) and still struggle to catch matches.........and I thought it was a good point, just because of what went on previously.

For the record (when we’re not insulting each other) this is usually a great place for some match insight. Some of the “Just Back” authors are both excellent and invaluable, especially to us fans that rarely attend games.

Last time I visited LR it was a horrible experience. The result and seating arrangement (I spent 90 minutes having my knees crushed by the seat in front) added to an excruciating day. Much rather watch from the comfort of my living room.
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:35 am

I'll second that - alot of decent feedback and discussion on here usually, especially when players avoid having a dig at each other out.