Conor Washington

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Conor Washington

Post by krama » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:41 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 am
dbak wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:32 am
Conor Washington contract terminated By mutual consent. I do think he is a good player just some clubs don’t work for certain styles. Wish him well for the future
That's generous! Exactly how did we as a club fail Mr Washington as a footballer? I'd say he was given many opportunities to hoist himself by his own petard. He could have played another 100 games for us, and I doubt whether he'd have got in double figures as a goalscorer.
There you go yet again, having a pop at the club. If anything it was CW that failed QPR, but it was more a case I guess of the lad not being the right fit here. He's a good footballer but maybe a division lower.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 am

QPR1976 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 am
He seems to do well for NI and they rate him.
But had nothing more than a purple patch at Posh just before we sold Austin. We panicked & overpaid for him.
That pretty much sums it up for me. It seemed reasonable enough to take a gamble on him, but their chairman completely mugged us off with that fee.

Hard to bear him any ill will though, given his workrate.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am

krama wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:41 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
dbak wrote:
Conor Washington contract terminated By mutual consent. I do think he is a good player just some clubs don’t work for certain styles. Wish him well for the future
That's generous! Exactly how did we as a club fail Mr Washington as a footballer? I'd say he was given many opportunities to hoist himself by his own petard. He could have played another 100 games for us, and I doubt whether he'd have got in double figures as a goalscorer.
There you go yet again, having a pop at the club. If anything it was CW that failed QPR, but it was more a case I guess of the lad not being the right fit here. He's a good footballer but maybe a division lower.
Read his post again: he's not having a go at the club.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:58 am

He seemed a genuine and hardworking guy but I have to say, he was one of the worst No 9s I've ever seen play for us.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:58 am
He seemed a genuine and hardworking guy but I have to say, he was one of the worst No 9s I've ever seen play for us.
You didn’t see Angell, Hateley or Sheron then?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 pm
dm wrote:
Sheron was ok: the amount we paid for him made him look worse than he was.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:27 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
dm wrote:
I did and yes they were terrible. Maybe I've judged Washington too harshly. Sheff Utd seem to think he's worth a punt but it's a freebie and just for a year so they're pretty circumspect about him.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:34 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
dm wrote:
Sheron was ok: the amount we paid for him made him look worse than he was.
Actually his stats were better than I remembered - 19 goals in 63 games (nearly 1:3)
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Sheron was indeed ok and like Conor worked his socks off.

Sheron was under a lot of pressure. According to his new manager, Stewart Houston, his signing would get us promoted and he arrived from Stoke scoring every other game.

I am not sure what it is about Conor, his Peterborough video was very impressive. I know he stepped up a division but if the ball arrives at your feet and you can put it in the back of the net there isn't a lot of difference between League One and The Championship.

He does get in to good scoring positions, creates some useful assists, but rarely scores.

Possibly he is a little Jamie Vardyesque. Vardy isn't stupid, he knows he is highly unlikely to have the same impact at another club and Leicester play to his strengths which is why he stays there. Peterborough could have been the same for Conor, he seems to do better picking the ball up and running at defenders as with his goal at home to Forest, great finish.

As Ux says it's hard to bear him any ill will so good luck Conor.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 pm

well, whatever your views we're agreed on one thing.....he was consistent, sadly consistently poor.

shame, I always felt there was a good footballer in their waiting to get out.....but there again I thought that about myself when playing Sunday league.. :shock:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:44 pm

Strange,if Connor is so terrible,that it is clubs currently rated more highly than ourselves that are interested in him?🤔

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:32 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Strange,if Connor is so terrible,that it is clubs currently rated more highly than ourselves that are interested in him?🤔
I know he's "one of your own", but with the best will in the world, a goal every 7 games is a very poor return for a £2.5M striker
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm

krama wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:
dbak wrote:
You're clearly obsessed with misreading me, or just not very bright, or both. I was ASKING THE QUESTION (sarcastically, rather obviously) as to how we did (read DIDN'T) fail Washington, who had many opportunities, as my image indicated, to prove himself.

Never mind . . .
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:32 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:44 pm
I know he's "one of your own", but with the best will in the world, a goal every 7 games is a very poor return for a £2.5M striker
It's a piss poor return for a £2.50 striker, I'd suggest.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am
krama wrote:
stainrod's elbow wrote:

Read his post again: he's not having a go at the club.
Of course he is! :lol: