Conor Washington

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Conor Washington

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:03 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 pm
He was banging in the goals for his country and Peterborough so I understand us buying him. I think he got found out at Championship level. Can't fault his work rate or attitude. It just didn't wotk out here.
Anyway, watch the Soccer am You Know The Drill @ Peterborough. He looked sharp, but listen to Westley praising him. I just think he was a confidence player and we couldn't afford him that much attention when the rest of the squad also needed so much work
Just watched that for the first time. I wish our scouts would have watched that before we signed him!! I found it pretty awful shooting!

https://youtu.be/gKD2LhAFaLM

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am

I caught the last 20 mins of the Northern Ireland game last night: Conor came on as a sub and proceeded to miss 3 absolute sitters in the short time he was on the pitch. whistle
Lex Talionis........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 am

Plus ca change......

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:00 pm

tbf he WAS in the back of the net when Whyte scored so he does know where the net is! :lol:

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am
I caught the last 20 mins of the Northern Ireland game last night: Conor came on as a sub and proceeded to miss 3 absolute sitters in the short time he was on the pitch. whistle
Sadly the highlights shown on ITV last night, and perhaps in particular one chance (which may have been where he was in the back of the net), was an object lesson in why he doesn't score more frequently.

He got into a good position but had the route to goal blocked and hit it straight along the ground anyway - the player following up behind Conor was in the same position but had the precence of mind to dink it a little over and into the goal.

It is just the instant reaction that natural goalscorers have - the big question is can a coach get Conor to recognise it and work (is repetition enough?) to develop the responses required when in that situation?
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:31 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm
White Duck wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am
Sadly the highlights shown on ITV last night, and perhaps in particular one chance (which may have been where he was in the back of the net), was an object lesson in why he doesn't score more frequently.

He got into a good position but had the route to goal blocked and hit it straight along the ground anyway - the player following up behind Conor was in the same position but had the precence of mind to dink it a little over and into the goal.

It is just the instant reaction that natural goalscorers have - the big question is can a coach get Conor to recognise it and work (is repetition enough?) to develop the responses required when in that situation?
Yes, that was Gavin Whyte's first ever touch in international football and scores! Must be learning something from Mr Mackie at Oxford Utd. 8)