Safe Standing @ LR

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Safe Standing @ LR

Post by krama » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:23 am
Can't see that I have - it's just obvious that Hoos wants to paint the clubs' facilities in the worst possible light. Why did we have no problem, apparently, arranging these events in years gone by, and no other club in the country has a problem?
...and you know that for a fact do you, or are you just guessing that fact, in a hope it will show the club you purport to "support" in a bad light?

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Don Gibbons wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:03 pm
sparkypark wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:35 pm
Don Gibbons wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Great post LanCat.. but where does your assertion "the ground needs to be operating as a revenue generator at least 100 days a year" come from?

Which London/English/European football stadium is currently operational 100+ day a year?

And even if QPR magically had a 40,000 seater stadium today, it's not as if there isn't any competition from the likes of the Emirates, Olympic stadium, Wembley, O2, the new Spurs stadium etc...
Stadiums operational 100+ days a year include, in London alone, Wembley, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham when they were at the Boleyn ground, and Millwall. Each of those have meeting and conference facilities, meaning they are bringing in money throughout the year, not just on the occasional day. I suspect the new Spurs ground will have extensive conference facilities too because that is vital to a modern football club.
My misunderstanding.. I thought he meant using the pitch operationally... for the Saudi Cup, US Football &/or the Barry McGigan comeback fight..

:?
That’s exactly it. Reading and the Madjeski was the one I was particularly thinking of as being a similar operation. Though god forbid we are located somewhere like that.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 pm

L
sparkypark wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:35 pm
Stadiums operational 100+ days a year include, in London alone, Wembley, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham when they were at the Boleyn ground, and Millwall. Each of those have meeting and conference facilities, meaning they are bringing in money throughout the year, not just on the occasional day. I suspect the new Spurs ground will have extensive conference facilities too because that is vital to a modern football club.
Which is why the Old Oak Common site would have suited us down to the ground. We occupy a great part of London, OOC would have
had the transport links too to whisk people quickly in and out of any new facility.
I still think we can find a site to build a place where conferences, boxing, community events can be held.
Staff Benda Bilili

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:40 pm

krama wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Can't see that I have - it's just obvious that Hoos wants to paint the clubs' facilities in the worst possible light. Why did we have no problem, apparently, arranging these events in years gone by, and no other club in the country has a problem?
...and you know that for a fact do you, or are you just guessing that fact, in a hope it will show the club you purport to "support" in a bad light?
That I 'purport to support'!!?? Are you for real? You're comparing unfavourably someone who's been a Season Ticket Holder, Supporters Club Member, fanzine writer, etc. etc. etc. since the mid 1970s with a club employee who's been with the club, what, three or four years, with a Business degree from America.

You really are a joke!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:47 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:40 pm
krama wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
That I 'purport to support'!!?? Are you for real? You're comparing unfavourably someone who's been a Season Ticket Holder, Supporters Club Member, fanzine writer, etc. etc. etc. since the mid 1970s with a club employee who's been with the club, what, three or four years, with a Business degree from America.

You really are a joke!
You haven't answered the question about knowing that for fact....I assume you are full of hot air and just making these things up to fit your constant agenda against QPR.
So why are you constantly finding any angle at all to have a pop at the club, moan about the club, and generally appear to do everything except "support" the club. You have a lot to say for someone who only views the club from their armchair. No respect for someone who is so overly opinionated without actually getting off their backside to support the club at matches.
Now THAT is a joke !

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:03 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 am
dm wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am
Very good post LanCat but I suspect your well reasoned argument will be in vain. There's none so deaf as those who will not hear and all that.
O please give over, you sanctimonious prat!
:lol:
Made me laugh too. I presume that you are now changing your initials from dm to sp!!

In the unlikely event we start selling Loftus Road out then we can remove some seats in The Paddock for the umpteenth time to accomodate a few more. In the meantime as most standing would be current sitters it's not worth upsetting existing Season Ticket Holders.