The Bristol Rovers Question

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

The Bristol Rovers Question

Post by Bevan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 am

Next up on Tuesday night is the Mighty Bristol Rovers who shouldn’t be underestimated

The Question is, do we keep the same team to carry on the momentum from yesterdays win or do we change it and give Ingram another chance, maybe put in Washington to see if we can get him a goal?

Does Kakay come back in? Could Hall get a run out? Chair? Goss?

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: The Bristol Rovers Question

Post by Rbee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:15 am

Luongo certainly needs a break

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:48 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:15 am
Luongo certainly needs a break
Based on what? First half yesterday he appeared to be under instructions to win the ball and ping it out wide to Hemed , a task he failed at because his quality of delivery isn't what is required. Second half he was back to his usual harrying in the midfield, short snappy passes and supporting the attackers, a role he looked much more comfortable in and, as such, improved his overall game performance.
Even though I know it won't happen I would put the same side out to give them time to work together as a unit but the tolls the body pays to play modern day football means that there will be changes, I expect Lumley to be dropped just because that is what happens and I don't think SMC is a massive innovator.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am

Based on a 2-3 week break between the World Cup and coming back to us.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:33 am

I wonder if our hands slightly tied by parent club's not wanting Hemed or Wells cup tied? Sylla might be Blackburn bound, so maybe we are left with Smith/Washington?

If Lumley has come in and done well, see no merit at all in bringing Ingram back in - need to build confidence at present and consistency will help.

Lumley

Rangel
Leistner
Lynch
Bidwell

Scowen
Luongo

Smyth
Eze
BOS

Smith

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:16 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am
Based on a 2-3 week break between the World Cup and coming back to us.
He didn't play a minute at the world cup but did train so it shouldn't be a factor, I believe the club allowed him to be late back just so he could have a family holiday like the rest of the squad.
A quick check on a stats site confirms he was the same as the other two in midfield with a lower pass completed % in the 1st which confirms what I saw at the match. If they are to be the 3 in midfield then keep them together to improve their understanding of each other IMO.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:16 am

Try and win two games in row - so play our strongest team. I want another Cup win :)

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:33 am
I wonder if our hands slightly tied by parent club's not wanting Hemed or Wells cup tied? Sylla might be Blackburn bound, so maybe we are left with Smith/Washington?

If Lumley has come in and done well, see no merit at all in bringing Ingram back in - need to build confidence at present and consistency will help.

Lumley

Rangel
Leistner
Lynch
Bidwell

Scowen
Luongo

Smyth
Eze
BOS

Smith
We have both Hemed and Wells on season long loans. So, being cup-tied shouldn't be a problem.

I would definitely play them both on Tuesday - neither has played any football this season (before yesterday). It will help with their match fitness and building understanding on the pitch.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:33 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am
Devonranger wrote:

Lumley

Rangel
Leistner
Lynch
Bidwell

Scowen
Luongo

Smyth
Eze
BOS

Smith
We have both Hemed and Wells on season long loans. So, being cup-tied shouldn't be a problem.

I would definitely play them both on Tuesday - neither has played any football this season (before yesterday). It will help with their match fitness and building understanding on the pitch.
I'd also play both of them from the start for the reasons you state.
Pav for Eze is a no brainer IMO, also put Kakay back in to rest Rangel.
Play Hall: we need to get him back in somehow.
Keep the rest of the team the same, especially Lumley.
Try to give Chair and Smyth some game time from the bench (although I expect SMc is intending to loan Smyth out so I doubt we'll see him at all)
Lex Talionis........

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:30 am

Go all out for the win,

Another home draw even though not a great crowd probably a few more pennies in the coffeers

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:33 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am
Devonranger wrote:

Lumley

Rangel
Leistner
Lynch
Bidwell

Scowen
Luongo

Smyth
Eze
BOS

Smith

I'd also play both of them from the start for the reasons you state.
Pav for Eze is a no brainer IMO, also put Kakay back in to rest Rangel.
Play Hall: we need to get him back in somehow.
Keep the rest of the team the same, especially Lumley.
Try to give Chair and Smyth some game time from the bench (although I expect SMc is intending to loan Smyth out so I doubt we'll see him at all)
What he/she said ^^^^^ aniclap

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:23 pm

SMC saying on the offish that he will “ utilise the squad” for the Rovers game, so a lot of changes to come. Smyth and Sylla could be out on loan by then.
I still can't come to terms with Manning and, seemingly, Smyth going out on loan especially if the recipient teams are Championship rivals.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:29 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:23 pm
SMC saying on the offish that he will “ utilise the squad” for the Rovers game, so a lot of changes to come. Smyth and Sylla could be out on loan by then.
I still can't come to terms with Manning and, seemingly, Smyth going out on loan especially if the recipient teams are Championship rivals.
Yeah based on his comments there could be loads of changes tonight: hope he doesn't try to shoehorn players into the team out of position as a defeat tonight will wipe out any momentum gained from Saturday. Our squad isn't strong enough for wholesale changes: he could be putting a lot of pressure on himself if he's not careful.
Lex Talionis........

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Same here, don’t mess too much with a winning formula. Hemed and Wells should definitely play as need match fitness.

Wasn’t too sure about Manning going out on loan, and definitely unhappy we’re letting Smith go too. I fully understand we need to survive first and foremost, but keeping our younger talent around to bring through seems essential longer term. Smyth looked like he could contribute last season so don’t really want him bolstering the ranks of a competitor.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:19 pm

I hope he doesn't rest Toni tonite. He looked like he enjoyed the win on Saturday and I think he should get another chance at keeping the ball rolling as captain.
Come on you Sooopa ........