Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1192
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by carrotstick » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm

You R'ssssssssss

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4976
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Rbee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Phew. Three points on the board at last :D

Even out of the bottom three.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Wegerle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Good, solid performance against a very decent team. The changes made to team made the big difference. Well done everyone, our season has started today!

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10232
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:00 pm
Good, solid performance against a very decent team. The changes made to team made the big difference. Well done everyone, our season has started today!
Lovely to get our first points. Just as nice to keep a clean sheet - thanks mostly to MOTM Lumley. Pleased for McClaren too after the stick he has taken. We still look a bit short of goals, but an improved defence should give us some hope.

User avatar
krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 979
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by krama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Good first win. aniclap
Bring on Brum.

User avatar
Grimsby Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:11 am
Location: Abruzzo

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Grimsby Ranger » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Really important win, delighted we've got it and with the new signings. We've a great player in Eze and hope Lumley continues to take his chance. Will be smiling all night tonight :D

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by nic » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Well done Steve. We needed that.

Not only a win but a clean sheet.

Really hope this can be not only the start of some form but looking more solid at the back.

Having forwards that will worry other defenders is part of that - it forces teams to leave more players back.

Hopefully we can afford a premier league centre back to go along with our two strikers and start moving up the table.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20343
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 979
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by krama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
Haha indeed. Very odd isn't it.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Put a proper keeper in goal, instead of a chair and you get a clean sheet...put a couple of proper strikers (that run and create) and you get to score...Coincidences...? I do not believe in coincidences in football

User avatar
krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 979
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by krama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 pm
Put a proper keeper in goal, instead of a chair and you get a clean sheet...put a couple of proper strikers (that run and create) and you get to score...Coincidences...? I do not believe in coincidences in football
Very well put, couldn't agree more. aniclap

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3313
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:23 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
Haha indeed. Very odd isn't it.
Just to give "balance" - the performance was workmanlike. We had 4 "new" players who made the difference:
Hemed/Wells - did more in one match that Sylla/Smith/Washington have done in the last 18 months
Rangel - looked assured and competent; not often that can be said of our so called defence
Lumley - Exuded confidence, made some smart saves and looks better than Ingram

We still look vulnerable, no pace in yesterday's side, fragile all round and a lot to work on not least confidence.
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6188
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by QPR_John » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
Why would QPR win upset a QPR supporter

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20343
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:01 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:37 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
Why would QPR win upset a QPR supporter
You have answered your own question.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 979
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by krama » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:23 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Blimey this is a very small match thread :shock: I guess a win has upset a few people. :roll:
Haha indeed. Very odd isn't it.
Just to give "balance" - the performance was workmanlike. We had 4 "new" players who made the difference:
Hemed/Wells - did more in one match that Sylla/Smith/Washington have done in the last 18 months
Rangel - looked assured and competent; not often that can be said of our so called defence
Lumley - Exuded confidence, made some smart saves and looks better than Ingram

We still look vulnerable, no pace in yesterday's side, fragile all round and a lot to work on not least confidence.
A win is a win however achieved. Matters not one jot! 8)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests