Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

willesdenr

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Wigan Athletic

Post by willesdenr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:10 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 pm

What seems more weird to me, tbh Krama, is your (and posters' of your ilk) peculiar inability to acknowledge explanatory points that account for said muted enthusiasm prior to you posting, - viz. (as you seem to require the reminders), Ollie's sacking, the shocking performances and results against Bristol City and WBA, and the worst opening to a season in living memory/since records began, for starters. If people get upset and angry when things are going badly, it's because they care. What part of criticality being a function of love do you not get?

From what perspective do you speak when you say that fans 'should be' more delighted? The reality is some are, some aren't, and some (like me) are cautiously relieved, but certainly not turning any cartwheels yet, as the club and its current management team has lost a lot of credibility in recent months (not to mention years). To be 'sky high' after a somewhat lucky, if more encouraging, 1-0 against the mighty Wigan strikes me as manically over-reactive. (Arsene Wenger used to have it right, I think, in saying he never got over-excited after a win, nor overly depressed after a defeat - though he also wasn't in the habit of letting in ten goals in two games and performing like spineless amateurs for most of those games!) Take a chill pill, some deep breaths, and look at the bigger picture! The fact is we still have a largely unwanted manager who looked clueless and beaten after our horrendous season opening, and whose ONLY response was to say I hope we can get new players in to change it - which was a massive vote of no-confidence in the existing squad significantly weakened (though finally now partly strengthened) by Hoos, Les and the board.

Like everyone else I'm sure, I'll be delighted if we can, after all, build on this step in the right direction, though I suspect this is going to be a bumpy ol' season with the brolly man at the helm. As for us, in short, QPR is a broad church, not a cult. That's the reality, so why not deal with it? At times, with respect, you sound like a bit of a fundamentalist.
Thanks for that....couldn't be bothered to read to it all in detail, but on a quick scan it seems that you, elbow, CARE way too much to be healthy...its football after all, that's all it is, and for you (and posters of your ilk! :D ) to get so angry is way way over the top....imo of course. Ive been "caring" about QPR FC for over sixty years now, but it is and always has been well down on the list of things I tend to get angry about. Its football, a hobby, an interest, so not worth losing my rag over or dwelling too much on. Win great! Lose, disappointing of course, but no toys coming out the pram here!! 8)
Congratulations on your self appointment as arbiter, judge and jury (for me, and it seems, all) of all that is good and 'healthy' re the optimal psychic adjustments to all things QPR.

Do you never worry that you might sound like a bit of a sanctimonious, self-righteous bore?
FFS Elbow give it a rest. You’re becoming a right fking drag.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 pm

I'll be happy to when others stop telling me my correct level of response to matters QPR.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:46 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:

Do you never worry that you might sound like a bit of a sanctimonious, self-righteous bore?
Physician, heal thyself.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:50 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:10 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 pm

What seems more weird to me, tbh Krama, is your (and posters' of your ilk) peculiar inability to acknowledge explanatory points that account for said muted enthusiasm prior to you posting, - viz. (as you seem to require the reminders), Ollie's sacking, the shocking performances and results against Bristol City and WBA, and the worst opening to a season in living memory/since records began, for starters. If people get upset and angry when things are going badly, it's because they care. What part of criticality being a function of love do you not get?

From what perspective do you speak when you say that fans 'should be' more delighted? The reality is some are, some aren't, and some (like me) are cautiously relieved, but certainly not turning any cartwheels yet, as the club and its current management team has lost a lot of credibility in recent months (not to mention years). To be 'sky high' after a somewhat lucky, if more encouraging, 1-0 against the mighty Wigan strikes me as manically over-reactive. (Arsene Wenger used to have it right, I think, in saying he never got over-excited after a win, nor overly depressed after a defeat - though he also wasn't in the habit of letting in ten goals in two games and performing like spineless amateurs for most of those games!) Take a chill pill, some deep breaths, and look at the bigger picture! The fact is we still have a largely unwanted manager who looked clueless and beaten after our horrendous season opening, and whose ONLY response was to say I hope we can get new players in to change it - which was a massive vote of no-confidence in the existing squad significantly weakened (though finally now partly strengthened) by Hoos, Les and the board.

Like everyone else I'm sure, I'll be delighted if we can, after all, build on this step in the right direction, though I suspect this is going to be a bumpy ol' season with the brolly man at the helm. As for us, in short, QPR is a broad church, not a cult. That's the reality, so why not deal with it? At times, with respect, you sound like a bit of a fundamentalist.
Thanks for that....couldn't be bothered to read to it all in detail, but on a quick scan it seems that you, elbow, CARE way too much to be healthy...its football after all, that's all it is, and for you (and posters of your ilk! :D ) to get so angry is way way over the top....imo of course. Ive been "caring" about QPR FC for over sixty years now, but it is and always has been well down on the list of things I tend to get angry about. Its football, a hobby, an interest, so not worth losing my rag over or dwelling too much on. Win great! Lose, disappointing of course, but no toys coming out the pram here!! 8)
Congratulations on your self appointment as arbiter, judge and jury (for me, and it seems, all) of all that is good and 'healthy' re the optimal psychic adjustments to all things QPR.

Steady now, that's crossed the line of forum rules I believe...insulting another member? naughty