I told you

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: I told you

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:44 pm

You said the magic letters, FFP - that has shafted us without Vaseline!
Staff Benda Bilili

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:22 pm
Rbee wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 pm
This has bugger-all to do with Holloway or any other manager - even if Guardiola
came in tomorrow, he'd have difficulty getting our 3 amigos to score a goal!
Incorrect. Holloway has already got this group to achieve in some way. SMc hasn’t even got close.
Disagree, even with Holloway I saw too many disjointed performances and with two of the more
influential players gone, the same thing would have happened.
We have League 1 players and it shows.
No, we don't! We have one of the most creative midfield players in the Champ on last season's stats, a World Cup international, thrilling talent in Eze and Smyth, reasonably competent players like Scowen, Bidwell and Baptiste who did a half-decent job last season for the most part, and have recently added a good ex Prem defender (who's a step up from Robinson, even at 35, imo). For contestable reasons, however, somehow we've gone backwards alarmingly - which I think is probably put downable to a combination of the new management team, the loss of a brilliant goalkeeper who literally saved us time and time again last season, and the fiscal/psychological effects of the FFP farce, plus possible other intangibles/unknowables.

Though it's speculative, I also think Fernandes' sudden resignation points to something rotten in the state of QPR we, being merely the fans, are unlikely to learn about.

If there isn't a sea change at QPR this side of Xmas, I feel half-done with the club after 40 years, and done with football, tbh. Thanks, Rangers! Thanks Tony, you incompetent vainglorious tw*at. Thanks Les, you much-loved, over-protected, incompetent tw*t. Thanks Hoos, you 'I'd be happy as Larry if we were playing in league Two just as long as we could be a selling club' tw*t.

In the meantime, shall I send McClaren his P45 or shall we just change the locks?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Hands up how many games we lose before there is a change?

JustinQPR
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by JustinQPR » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:26 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Rbee wrote:

Incorrect. Holloway has already got this group to achieve in some way. SMc hasn’t even got close.
Disagree, even with Holloway I saw too many disjointed performances and with two of the more
Holloway did enough and would be doing a whole lot better now than SMc.
What, like he did against 10 men a few months ago??

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 pm

JustinQPR wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 pm
Rbee wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

Yes let's look at just a single game. The club is in a horrible place at the moment and we have to ride this storm out. Things with the FFP will eventually change. I don't care about single games, six match losing streaks etc I care about staying in this division and love him or hate him, Holloway did exactly what was required.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Good news; no-one died. We have the same points as Arsenal and Reading. Let's see what the game against Wigan brings.
On a more serious note; paying off SMC after only 4 games is the talk of a lunatic; even Leeds managers last longer than that and secondly, paying him would mean having to sell another player just so we wouldn't fall foul of FFP. How would you feel about that? It would also mean that funding another manager might mean the sale of yet another of our better players... see where I am going with this?
It also begs the question, which, if any, manager would accept a job where they get rid of managers on a whim and after pressure from fans? Not even Gareth Ainsworth would risk his decent reputation on that no brainer.
After watching tonight I think there is every chance that we could be relegated; beyond the lack of quality there is no rub of the green either, always a sign of a struggling side. The pull back on Smith was much worse than Bidwell's foul against the Blades yet only one resulted in a penalty. Even Bidwell slipping at a crucial time leading to the first goal after having more than held our own up to that point tells it's own sad tale.
We are in a downward spiral due to the profligacy of Fernandes and even with Ferdinand & Hoos bringing a much needed level of sanity to the club, the damage has been done and the money has run out.
It was frustrating tonight because City were not a very good side, but there were moments I enjoyed along with the bad bits so I won't be spitting feathers etc. about what needs to be done, who to get to do it, who to play, how to play etc. It's not in my compass to influence anything like that, all I can do is turn up and support the team as best I can.
It was very encouraging that there were still 2,000-2,500 fans stayed behind after the final whistle to clap the players off and the players responded. It must help their morale are all the negative chanting that there are still supporters who will cheer them on no matter what.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Grimsby Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Grimsby Ranger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:57 pm

I really don't understand how anyone can slag Holloway off, we went from surviving by the skin of our teeth to surviving comfortably last season with some new young talent coming through, all with spending not a lot. we progressed last season under Holloway......and now? Perhaps it's the people who removed Holloway that should really be leaving the club!

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:12 am

Rbee wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 pm
JustinQPR wrote:
Rbee wrote:

Yes let's look at just a single game. The club is in a horrible place at the moment and we have to ride this storm out. Things with the FFP will eventually change. I don't care about single games, six match losing streaks etc I care about staying in this division and love him or hate him, Holloway did exactly what was required.
How will FFP change unless the FL drop it. Many have said even now we are close to breaking FFP. It would not surprise me if the cost of simply running the club day to day puts us dangerously close without even thinking of improving the squad. Until we can improve the clubs income with a new stadium for example we are on downward slope.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am

Fernandes recently said we were comfortably within the FFP range.

If we get relegated the main reason why will be FFP which is simply insane.

You will get clubs just missing out on promotion / play off places because they chose to stay within the FFP boundaries and you will get clubs being fined for exceeding those boundaries.

It’s a shambles, a mess, so at some point will have to change or at least evolve.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 am

T-Block wrote:
Hands up how many games we lose before there is a change?
For me, 4. Sadly, doubt that will be the case.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:12 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Rbee wrote:

No, we don't! We have one of the most creative midfield players in the Champ on last season's stats, a World Cup international, thrilling talent in Eze and Smyth, reasonably competent players like Scowen, Bidwell and Baptiste who did a half-decent job last season for the most part, and have recently added a good ex Prem defender (who's a step up from Robinson, even at 35, imo). For contestable reasons, however, somehow we've gone backwards alarmingly - which I think is probably put downable to a combination of the new management team, the loss of a brilliant goalkeeper who literally saved us time and time again last season, and the fiscal/psychological effects of the FFP farce, plus possible other intangibles/unknowables.

Though it's speculative, I also think Fernandes' sudden resignation points to something rotten in the state of QPR we, being merely the fans, are unlikely to learn about.

If there isn't a sea change at QPR this side of Xmas, I feel half-done with the club after 40 years, and done with football, tbh. Thanks, Rangers! Thanks Tony, you incompetent vainglorious tw*at. Thanks Les, you much-loved, over-protected, incompetent tw*t. Thanks Hoos, you 'I'd be happy as Larry if we were playing in league Two just as long as we could be a selling club' tw*t.

In the meantime, shall I send McClaren his P45 or shall we just change the locks?
What will take for you to be fully 'done'?