Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City

Post by krama » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:44 pm
krama wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 pm
222gers wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 pm

You love being Pollyanna to our Cassandra don't you ?
Always Pollyana mate...lifes too short to be a Cassandra imo. :D
Fair enough :wink:
8)

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Just back: highlight was a beer with my brother in the Brewdog bar on Goldhawk Road.

Disastrous performance and result, really no positives apart from Rangel looking ok I guess.

Washington up front on his own so SMc makes the decision to stop the passing around at the back and go long ball: needless to say it perhaps would've worked better with Smith or Sylla as the lone striker.

Now very clear that Eze and Freeman so not both fit in the team: drop one and go with two proper wide players. Of course we ended up with 3 strikers on and NO width at all once Pav was replaced.

Cousins coming on for Luongo was a waste of time when we has Smyrh on the bench: I get the feeling SMc doesn't rate the lad much as he doesn't get much game time.

A lot of players seem to be getting worse under SMc: the total opposite of what he was meant to achieve. Scowen, Eze, Freeman, Ingram are way off their games IMO.

The fans who turned up stuck with the team despite the pathetic performance against a very poor Bristol City team: the double substitution didn't go down well with some but the absolute joke of a third goal finally tipped the balance. Heard R Block give it a robust 'sacked in the morning' as I took my leave.

No point in sacking SMc and paying him off: he appears to have very little idea on what to do to turn it around so perhaps he will do what he did when he was at Forest and throw the towel in himself. Terrible decision to make the managerial change in the summer.
Lex Talionis........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 pm

krama wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm
Whoops. oh dear! Bad result.
Oh well bring on Wigan.
You must be on a mission to wind people up: quite sad and a bit irritating.
Lex Talionis........

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:54 am

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUoEdNahIZk

Andreas Weimann a great signing for them at this level and I bet he didn't cost much. Good old FFP.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 pm
krama wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm
Whoops. oh dear! Bad result.
Oh well bring on Wigan.
You must be on a mission to wind people up: quite sad and a bit irritating.
Not at all, all genuine opinions, why wouldn't they be? As you know its a message board for ALL opinions. If you don't agree that's fine and if it irritates you, just ignore. As for the one you have highlighted, what's the problem? I was commenting on yet another poor result, not revelling in it. :roll:
Thanks 8)