Changes for Brizzle

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm
McLaren will see first hand what the reaction within the squad has been to the heavy defeat, and is experienced enough to know what, if any, changes need making. The fans can only guess. Whatever McLaren decides to do is fine by me, the fans have no input into team selection so has to be sucked up. He's in the know, I/we are not.....in my opinion of course.
(awaits an incoming hit from the elbow!) :mrgreen:
Do you actually have any opinions as a fan about the team selections or tactics yourself?

I think everyone knows that we as fans cannot select the team ourselves but I've always found a football fan message board to be the ideal place to express my opinions on the matter with like minded people.

:roll:
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am
Quite frankly, if you could, you'd drop the lot, wouldn't you?

For starters, I'd suggest

Lumley for Ingram
Baptiste for Leistner
Rangel for Kakay
Wszolek for Cousins
Hall for A N Other (even if three quarters fit).

I'd also like to see little Smyth start, as we're desperately in need of some width and verve up top.
We have to make changes after Saturday: we have a first team squad and need to use it.

Lumley, Rangel, Wzolek should definitely come in.

I would play Sylla instead of Smith as his hold up game is slightly better: Smith as impact sub.

Hall should have come on against Peterbrough to try to get him up to match fitness but SMc didn't do it so surely no chance he will play tomorrow.

I would also only play one of Eze or Freeman and play wide men in their proper positions for a change.

Will be interesting to see what team SMc puts out in a game where he has to get a positive result.
Agree with most of this. I'm torn on Ingram. Lumley hasn't filled me with confidence as yet. Might be best to give Ingram a chance. It does seem like we're missing Smithies but if we drop Ingram now i think he'll struggle to recover.

I'd feel for Kakay and wouldn't want him to feel like he's the scapegoat but i think that's the most obvious change at the back. Wszolek has a bit of nous and fight, works hard and offers some cover to the FB. I'm largely in agreement on only one of Eze or Freeman, either way Eze should be in the middle. If we drop Freeman then i'd like to see Smyth on the left. A small part of me would play Washington there, historically he's always worked hard on the left and again provides decent cover. I know no one will agree with me and i imagine it will turn LR toxic if he gets a start, which is sad. Sylla has to play for me, as he does have a bit of mobility and will try to bring others into the game.

I know we're at home but i think it's critical we go out there and make ourselves tough to beat, go back to basics a bit and start to look a bit more comfortable on the pitch keep a clean sheet and make sure the rot doesn't start to become terminal. Really needs the fans to back the players and be patient. The players need to go out there with an over my dead body mentality (something Clive touched on).

Come on you Rss.

User avatar
BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by BristolCity » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 am
BristolCity wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am
Race you to the bottom of the league!
Deal! What colour is your away kit?

White and black, so probably not that one!

Red first choice and purple and lime green third (happened to be the colours when we beat Liverpool in the FA Cup 94 so they keep coming back).
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

User avatar
BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by BristolCity » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 am
It doesn't sound like a great game is in prospect !

What happened to the Bristol City of the beginning of last season ? That was a big powerful team that always looked like hitting hard. Why has Johnson changed things around ?
The three best players wanted to leave and did - Flint to Boro £4m, Reid to Cardiff £10m and Bryan to Fulham £6m. Reid and Flint had thirty goals between them and Bryan, whilst he had an off season, was Premiership quality the two seasons before.

So the books have balanced but they haven't been replaced with anything like the quality and we are going to have one of those years of transition / struggle where we will be worrying about relegation rather than dreaming of the play-offs. We had Plymouth at home in the first round of the League Cup last year, hammered them 5-0, and had the exact same draw this year and they beat us 1-0. Admittedly there were players out injured but to turn out a defence of four full backs and no centre halfs shows the poor state of the squad.

Well done on hanging onto Luke "stepover" Freeman, or Dill the Dog as he was sometimes known. Very popular player here and we were disappointed when he was sold, particularly for £300k. Also (I thought) good result on the FFP, capitalising loans is a nice option that actually helps QPR if penalising the owners.

And I will call it a result if we both manage to stay up this season :)
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

User avatar
BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by BristolCity » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:46 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:13 am
BristolCity wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am
Race you to the bottom of the league!

This does feel like the earliest six pointer ever.

Without giving overmuch away we can play tippy tappy possession football until the cows come home but very rarely venture into the last quarter of the pitch so our goal threat is negligible.

I'm going 0-0 draw.
In that case I'm going for an 8 goal (thriller??)
:lol:

Nice to hear from you BC. Bristol remains my favourite town to live.
It is a mostly nice place, although I haven't lived there for thirty odd years. Lived in London for ten years of that hence my support for QPR; mainly Ray Wilkins' time so sad to see him die so young.
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9619
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I would also keep Ingram in the side. As Satch says above, dropping him so soon could be very damaging to his already fragile confidence. Lumley is younger and considerably less experienced, and putting him into a team off the back of three defeats, including a 7-1 thrashing, would be very risky.

Leistner had a shocker on Saturday, but looked very good to me in the first two games, so let's hope that was a blip. I'm pretty sure Rangell will start ahead of Kakay, and probably would have done whatever happened on Saturday. I'd like to see Smyth get a start too, as I think he can be an important attacking option for us this season.

We have a run of half a dozen games now (Bristol City, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton, Millwall and Norwich) where we should start to get some points on the board. We'll have a much better idea of where this team and manager are at by the end of September. The second half on Saturday was very worrying, but it's one game and we have another 43 to come.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Agree with that last paragraph Ux, it was actually only one half. I was quite upbeat at halftime. It's soul destroying to take a pasting like that but i had little expectation of anything from the game. Other than hurt pride it doesn't need to have any sort of effect on our season other than some lost points, providing we pick ourselves up straight away.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12755
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by dm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm

I thought Rangell was short of fitness and needed some weeks to get up to some sort of speed. Given Kakay has been targeted as a defensive weakness he's done better than I thought he would, even though at times his positional inexperience causes real problems.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm
Lumley, Rangel, Wzolek should definitely come in.

I would play Sylla instead of Smith as his hold up game is slightly better: Smith as impact sub.



..I don't know about Sylla though....vs Sheffield he did not win or keep a single ball...always jumping behind the defender.....and never in front of him...how the hell can you win a ball jumping on that position...?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by old pauline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Chair, Hall and Oteh won't be playing, Because they played for the U.23's today:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-23 ... rest-u23s/

Interestingly we had a Bassong playing. And Chris Paul, I thought he'd been released.

Oh, and Shodipo limped off injured after twelve minutes. He really is a walking encyclopedia of injuries ...
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9619
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm

I see there's an Agyemang in there too. It can't be, can it........I mean I knew we were desperate but.......
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3426
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm
I see there's an Agyemang in there too. It can't be, can it........I mean I knew we were desperate but.......
Freema Agyeman - can keep the whole opposition defence occupied while we steal in and score
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5220
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by deadendjob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:08 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:35 pm
I'm probably in a very small minority, but I would also keep Ingram in the side. As Satch says above, dropping him so soon could be very damaging to his already fragile confidence. Lumley is younger and considerably less experienced, and putting him into a team off the back of three defeats, including a 7-1 thrashing, would be very risky.

Leistner had a shocker on Saturday, but looked very good to me in the first two games, so let's hope that was a blip. I'm pretty sure Rangell will start ahead of Kakay, and probably would have done whatever happened on Saturday. I'd like to see Smyth get a start too, as I think he can be an important attacking option for us this season.

We have a run of half a dozen games now (Bristol City, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton, Millwall and Norwich) where we should start to get some points on the board. We'll have a much better idea of where this team and manager are at by the end of September. The second half on Saturday was very worrying, but it's one game and we have another 43 to come.
Very much agree with this and what Satch posted further up.

Lumley hasn't filled me with any confidence from what I've seen, so I'd keep Ingram.
Leistner's our best CB - even if he had an off half this weekend.
Kakay's inexperience has been exposed and exploited, so hopefully Rangel's fit.

Onwards and upwards.
Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20343
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:54 pm
Chair, Hall and Oteh won't be playing, Because they played for the U.23's today:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-23 ... rest-u23s/

Interestingly we had a Bassong playing. And Chris Paul, I thought he'd been released.

Oh, and Shodipo limped off injured after twelve minutes. He really is a walking encyclopedia of injuries ...
Nice goal from Chair and Oteh looks a better front line runner than our existing 1st teamers :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by krama » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm
McLaren will see first hand what the reaction within the squad has been to the heavy defeat, and is experienced enough to know what, if any, changes need making. The fans can only guess. Whatever McLaren decides to do is fine by me, the fans have no input into team selection so has to be sucked up. He's in the know, I/we are not.....in my opinion of course.
(awaits an incoming hit from the elbow!) :mrgreen:
Do you actually have any opinions as a fan about the team selections or tactics yourself?

I think everyone knows that we as fans cannot select the team ourselves but I've always found a football fan message board to be the ideal place to express my opinions on the matter with like minded people.

:roll:
That WAS my opinion! :roll:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carrotstick, Google [Bot] and 27 guests