Changes for Brizzle

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:35 pm
I'm probably in a very small minority, but I would also keep Ingram in the side. As Satch says above, dropping him so soon could be very damaging to his already fragile confidence. Lumley is younger and considerably less experienced, and putting him into a team off the back of three defeats, including a 7-1 thrashing, would be very risky.

Leistner had a shocker on Saturday, but looked very good to me in the first two games, so let's hope that was a blip. I'm pretty sure Rangell will start ahead of Kakay, and probably would have done whatever happened on Saturday. I'd like to see Smyth get a start too, as I think he can be an important attacking option for us this season.

We have a run of half a dozen games now (Bristol City, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton, Millwall and Norwich) where we should start to get some points on the board. We'll have a much better idea of where this team and manager are at by the end of September. The second half on Saturday was very worrying, but it's one game and we have another 43 to come.
That's supposed to make me feel better?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm
White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm
McLaren will see first hand what the reaction within the squad has been to the heavy defeat, and is experienced enough to know what, if any, changes need making. The fans can only guess. Whatever McLaren decides to do is fine by me, the fans have no input into team selection so has to be sucked up. He's in the know, I/we are not.....in my opinion of course.
(awaits an incoming hit from the elbow!) :mrgreen:
Do you actually have any opinions as a fan about the team selections or tactics yourself?

I think everyone knows that we as fans cannot select the team ourselves but I've always found a football fan message board to be the ideal place to express my opinions on the matter with like minded people.

:roll:
That WAS my opinion! :roll:
so you don't care which players are picked, what formation we play or what tactics we employ? The manager is always right? No opinions on whether a manager is doing well or not?
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 pm
krama wrote:
White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Do you actually have any opinions as a fan about the team selections or tactics yourself?

I think everyone knows that we as fans cannot select the team ourselves but I've always found a football fan message board to be the ideal place to express my opinions on the matter with like minded people.

:roll:
so you don't care which players are picked, what formation we play or what tactics we employ? The manager is always right? No opinions on whether a manager is doing well or not?
Not really mate, no.
Not that bothered about all that stuff. :-D
QPR win fantastic, lose...oh well.
Hope that helps.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:53 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm
White Duck wrote:
krama wrote:

Not really mate, no.
Hope that helps.
I see. Each to their own eh? Try not to get too contrary when others on here DO express strong opinions on that stuff: it's a message board after all. :D
Lex Talionis........

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 am

We're decent and pretty in the middle, but a bit on the short side, look a bit lightweight and don't dominate in either box - and that's a worrying sign.

Not a comment on QPR, but, a comment from an interview with a Bristol City fan on 'Loft for Words'.
If true, then, does it mean that, if sufficiently fired up, we have a decent chance this evening?
Perhaps a high-scoring game?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 am
We're decent and pretty in the middle, but a bit on the short side, look a bit lightweight and don't dominate in either box - and that's a worrying sign.

Not a comment on QPR, but, a comment from an interview with a Bristol City fan on 'Loft for Words'.
If true, then, does it mean that, if sufficiently fired up, we have a decent chance this evening?
Perhaps a high-scoring game?
I would give Ingram's back a rest ( from picking the ball out of the net ), and bring Baps in for Lynch but leave the rest in situ to redeem themselves.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:25 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:53 pm
krama wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm
White Duck wrote:

Not really mate, no.
Hope that helps.
I see. Each to their own eh? Try not to get too contrary when others on here DO express strong opinions on that stuff: it's a message board after all. :D
Agreed, its a message board for ALL opinions. Sometimes a genuine different point of view helps to freshen things up, because everyone saying basically the same thing all the time gets a bit stale. Contrary views should of course be genuine and truthful, which mine are....otherwise what's the point. 8)

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:34 pm

I believe you are wrong about Ingram.

Way better than Lumely .Really fans opinions on here are uninformed rubbish.

Are you goal-keeping coaches?

Keep the last starting 11.Give them a chance to redeem themselves.

It is important fans websites like these ,with their crass uninformed opinions do not shatter the teams confidence.

I am an old coach and never in my experience is it the fault of goal-keepers in big losses.

Why not replace all the back four?

Easy: because we have no choice,you are only picking on Ingram because in your limited football minds there is a replacement.

Problem is the manager,not the players.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Just for the moment I am not sure if there is an issue with the manager or the players. I think we have to wait 3 or 4 more games for clearer evidence.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:24 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm
Just for the moment I am not sure if there is an issue with the manager or the players. I think we have to wait 3 or 4 more games for clearer evidence.
T-Block's mind was made up long ago.

Although i do agree it's best to leave Ingram in the side for a host of reasons.

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 pm

With the way that we defended on Saturday, I doubt that any goalie would have kept the score below 7. Keep Ingram in, or what little confidence that he has left will be totally shot.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:20 pm

T-Block wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:34 pm
I believe you are wrong about Ingram.

Way better than Lumely .Really fans opinions on here are uninformed rubbish.

Are you goal-keeping coaches?

Keep the last starting 11.Give them a chance to redeem themselves.

It is important fans websites like these ,with their crass uninformed opinions do not shatter the teams confidence.

I am an old coach and never in my experience is it the fault of goal-keepers in big losses.

Why not replace all the back four?

Easy: because we have no choice,you are only picking on Ingram because in your limited football minds there is a replacement.

Problem is the manager,not the players.
Thanks, T-block, great to have you back. Your sunny disposition has been missed.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 pm

I can't really see how Ingram is responsible. Would Smithies have done better - maybe a little. The key to what happened is the managers insistence on playing a predictable tactic that was almost impossible to deliver. I'm all for playing it out from the back WHEN it's possible to do so without risking losing possession in a ludicrous position. West Brom just decided to close down the defenders and keeper to force errors. It paid off. The thing is, who has decided we'll play this way? The 'Rangers' way? Is this why Ollie was sact because he didn't think it was possible with the players we have and wouldn't do it? We do have a DoF after all.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare