Changes for Brizzle

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Changes for Brizzle

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am

Quite frankly, if you could, you'd drop the lot, wouldn't you?

For starters, I'd suggest

Lumley for Ingram
Baptiste for Leistner
Rangel for Kakay
Wszolek for Cousins
Hall for A N Other (even if three quarters fit).

I'd also like to see little Smyth start, as we're desperately in need of some width and verve up top.

Other than that, our flush is already looking a little busted, and our options limited to say the least. Loanees or not, the players and management team are going to have to dig their way out of this for the most part. Gulp!

My feeling is that the loss of Smithies has spooked the defence, and is probably even more catastrophic than selling Freeman would have been. For me, we're likely to concede at least another 15-20 goals this season in consequence, and lose God knows how many more points. I know we've all been over it already, but the crap fee rubs everybody's noses in it, and proves to me that Hoos and Les aren't capable of running the club at a proud pitch.

I don't know what will happen on Tuesday, but if there isn't a fierce response, I fear the atmosphere may start to turn poisonous. McClaren's misleading comments about the youthfulness of the squad, and his pitiful references to getting in reinforcements if we're not to be screwed, already suggest to me a dishonest and flaccid manager flailing about for excuses. I wish I could find succour from somewhere, but feel more like I'm clutching at straws.

Get out there and prove me wrong, Rangers! Do it for the (pink) shirt!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Changes for Brizzle

Post by Rbee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 am

I wouldn’t change too much as we are at home. Lumley being the only big change. We weren’t totally dire against Sheffield United so let’s go again and see how we get along.

If we lose then Saturday has to be different. I would suggest five at the back, maybe a sweeper, and play our quickest players to break quickly. Anything to get that first point.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am

Lumley for Ingram
Baptiste for Leistner
Rangel for Kakay
Wszolek for Cousins

I'd also like to see little Smyth start, as we're desperately in need of some width and verve up top.

Other than that, our flush is already looking a little busted, and our options limited to say the least. Loanees or not, the players and management team are going to have to dig their way out of this for the most part. Gulp!

My feeling is that the loss of Smithies has spooked the defence, and is probably even more catastrophic than selling Freeman would have been. For me, we're likely to concede at least another 15-20 goals this season in consequence, and lose God knows how many more points. I know we've all been over it already, but the crap fee rubs everybody's noses in it, and proves to me that Hoos and Les aren't capable of running the club at a proud pitch.

I don't know what will happen on Tuesday, but if there isn't a fierce response, I fear the atmosphere may start to turn poisonous. McClaren's misleading comments about the youthfulness of the squad, and his pitiful references to getting in reinforcements if we're not to be screwed, already suggest to me a dishonest and flaccid manager flailing about for excuses. I wish I could find succour from somewhere, but feel more like I'm clutching at straws.

Get out there and prove me wrong, Rangers! Do it for the (pink) shirt!
You say McClaren made pitiful comments about the need for reinforcements but we are told Holloway made he same comments before being sacked and many on here have praised him for so doing

BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by BristolCity » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am

Race you to the bottom of the league!

This does feel like the earliest six pointer ever.

Without giving overmuch away we can play tippy tappy possession football until the cows come home but very rarely venture into the last quarter of the pitch so our goal threat is negligible.

I'm going 0-0 draw.
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 am

BristolCity wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am
Deal! What colour is your away kit?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 am

It doesn't sound like a great game is in prospect !

What happened to the Bristol City of the beginning of last season ? That was a big powerful team that always looked like hitting hard. Why has Johnson changed things around ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:13 am

BristolCity wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am

This does feel like the earliest six pointer ever.

Without giving overmuch away we can play tippy tappy possession football until the cows come home but very rarely venture into the last quarter of the pitch so our goal threat is negligible.

I'm going 0-0 draw.
In that case I'm going for an 8 goal (thriller??)
:lol:

Nice to hear from you BC. Bristol remains my favourite town to live.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 am

Was Toni really that bad at the weekend? He's looked good in what I've seen but wasn't at West Brom thank god

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:37 am

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 am
Was Toni really that bad at the weekend? He's looked good in what I've seen but wasn't at West Brom thank god
Very good in the first half. Solid, strong, did his job well.

The second half, like the rest of the side, a total car crash.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am

I say give the team who lost 7-1 an opportunity to redeem themselves. If they can't (i.e. we lose) then we should certainly look at making changes. But not before.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 am

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am
I say give the team who lost 7-1 an opportunity to redeem themselves. If they can't (i.e. we lose) then we should certainly look at making changes. But not before.
:like
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:55 am

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am
Fair point. Would replace Ingram though. Rabbit in the headlights at the moment.

Watching him crumble with the home crowd on his back will absolutely ruin him.

He’s nowhere near the level required, IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am

Lumley for Ingram
Baptiste for Leistner
Rangel for Kakay
Wszolek for Cousins

We have to make changes after Saturday: we have a first team squad and need to use it.

Lumley, Rangel, Wzolek should definitely come in.

I would play Sylla instead of Smith as his hold up game is slightly better: Smith as impact sub.

Hall should have come on against Peterbrough to try to get him up to match fitness but SMc didn't do it so surely no chance he will play tomorrow.

I would also only play one of Eze or Freeman and play wide men in their proper positions for a change.

Will be interesting to see what team SMc puts out in a game where he has to get a positive result.
Lex Talionis........

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Lumley should obviously play for sure.

Leistner should stay, been our best defender thus far and one of our only leaders.

I'd actually be tempted to start Washington up front. He would at least make runs in behind which suits Eze and Freemans game so much more. I doubt he'd score himself but he'd make more space for our best players to be effective.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

McLaren will see first hand what the reaction within the squad has been to the heavy defeat, and is experienced enough to know what, if any, changes need making. The fans can only guess. Whatever McLaren decides to do is fine by me, the fans have no input into team selection so has to be sucked up. He's in the know, I/we are not.....in my opinion of course.
(awaits an incoming hit from the elbow!) :mrgreen: