Fitness

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Fitness

Post by John in Hemel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 am

In countless pre seasons we have been told how the QPR squad is the fittest ever.

It's early days but I'm not convinced that this squad is at peak fitness which is also worrying given the collapse yesterday.
As we saw with Adel if you are not fit you will not be able to give of your best imho.

The tactics and fitness need to be right so far there is not much evidence to suggest that either is.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Fitness

Post by krama » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 pm

John in Hemel wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 am
In countless pre seasons we have been told how the QPR squad is the fittest ever.

It's early days but I'm not convinced that this squad is at peak fitness which is also worrying given the collapse yesterday.
As we saw with Adel if you are not fit you will not be able to give of your best imho.

The tactics and fitness need to be right so far there is not much evidence to suggest that either is.
think you might have answered your own query there....." early days/not at peak fitness.
Not a fitness expert but my guess is that it takes more than pre season to gain peak fitness, it also takes a good few games. So far only four competitive games in and that peak is still trying to be reached, so as you rightly say, early days.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Match sharpness might take time but we should be at peak fitness. I think the fact we started the last couple of seasons with a couple of wins was down to fitness.

I can't say i'd noticed us being less fit but if that's the case i wonder if it's down to a shift in focus in training.

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 pm

I didn't realise lynch went off injured.
surely it's not Christmas already.
We need the experienced players to show leadership.
We need pwopper leadarhs

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:55 pm

If they aren't fit - then it's worse than I thought behind the scenes. Unforgivable.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 pm

John in Hemel wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 pm
I didn't realise lynch went off injured.
surely it's not Christmas already.
We need the experienced players to show leadership.
We need pwopper leadarhs
Looked to me like he got a hard bang on the head. Heard the dull thud from where I was. Poor sod.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 pm

The collapse yesterday wasn’t fitness related IMO.

Mentally they were absolutely ruined.

Ingram crumbled in front of our very eyes, and his lack of confidence ran through the whole spine of the side. Completely capitulation.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss