Just got back ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3427
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm
Agreed and they appear to be untouchable. Luongo went to the World Cup don't you know!
Who would you replace them with?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10241
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Our midfield are neither very good or very bad - just a bit... meh! Hall in there may help if he ever gets fit, and Manning was a strange one for sure. Can't believe he wouldn't offer more than Cousins. So in summary; defence needs a lot of work, strikers need to up their game and the mid-field need to assert themselves more. Not much for S Mc to do then :roll: :wink:

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Satch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm
Agreed and they appear to be untouchable. Luongo went to the World Cup don't you know!
Who would you replace them with?
We don't have any options (other than Hall for Scowen, if push comes to shove) doesn't mean it's not worth discussion, especially as they are supposedly the best part of the side.

I wonder if Luongo's confidence has been shaken by not appearing at the WC or possibly not getting the captaincy.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3427
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm
Agreed and they appear to be untouchable. Luongo went to the World Cup don't you know!
Who would you replace them with?
We don't have any options (other than Hall for Scowen, if push comes to shove) doesn't mean it's not worth discussion, especially as they are supposedly the best part of the side.

I wonder if Luongo's confidence has been shaken by not appearing at the WC or possibly not getting the captaincy.
Sure it's worth discussion, but purely academically as we don't have any other options. Luongo may be a bit jaded by his international experience I guess, and I think you're right in that he would have benefited from being made captain. Still, early days...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1209
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Just got back ...

Post by the big IP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am

Anyone reckon we should have taken the 4.5 mill offered for Freeman and bought a couple of extra players ??

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Just got back ...

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:29 am

the big IP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am
Anyone reckon we should have taken the 4.5 mill offered for Freeman and bought a couple of extra players ??

4.5 mil won't buy you two decent championship players, unless we get extremely lucky. Our hit rate is probably less than average when it comes to uncovering hidden gems.

Loan market has to be the way forward.

Keep the faith. It's very early doors and I'll concede the signs are far from promising, but we will win games, and may even play some great football along the way.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

the big IP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am
Anyone reckon we should have taken the 4.5 mill offered for Freeman and bought a couple of extra players ??
Possibly. I think there's an issue accommodating him and Eze without rotating. Not sure what we would have done with the money but it might have been enough to get a decent CB in and some cover in defensive midfield.
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 pm
Satch wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm
Who would you replace them with?
We don't have any options (other than Hall for Scowen, if push comes to shove) doesn't mean it's not worth discussion, especially as they are supposedly the best part of the side.

I wonder if Luongo's confidence has been shaken by not appearing at the WC or possibly not getting the captaincy.
Sure it's worth discussion, but purely academically as we don't have any other options. Luongo may be a bit jaded by his international experience I guess, and I think you're right in that he would have benefited from being made captain. Still, early days...
Well, even if we can't change the personnel, we should still be trying to work out why they aren't playing to their ability.

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Just got back ...

Post by DBHoops » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm
the big IP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am
Anyone reckon we should have taken the 4.5 mill offered for Freeman and bought a couple of extra players ??
Possibly. I think there's an issue accommodating him and Eze without rotating. Not sure what we would have done with the money but it might have been enough to get a decent CB in and some cover in defensive midfield.
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 pm
Satch wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 pm


We don't have any options (other than Hall for Scowen, if push comes to shove) doesn't mean it's not worth discussion, especially as they are supposedly the best part of the side.

I wonder if Luongo's confidence has been shaken by not appearing at the WC or possibly not getting the captaincy.
Sure it's worth discussion, but purely academically as we don't have any other options. Luongo may be a bit jaded by his international experience I guess, and I think you're right in that he would have benefited from being made captain. Still, early days...
Well, even if we can't change the personnel, we should still be trying to work out why they aren't playing to their ability.
Especially as McLaren has been lauded for his coaching abilities Satch, which i have yet to see any evidence of in any of the games thus far. His inability to change things up in game is a worry for me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FinRanger and 20 guests