Fans today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Fans today

Post by kernowhoop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:20 pm
I don't want my money back.

I enjoyed the first half.

The second half was something I've not seen in 50 years of watching football.

I can think of several far worse performances - Forest and Hull away last season for starters. The Milk cup final!
What are you on about, we've never been in the Milk Cup Final - I SAID WE'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE MILK CUP FINAL OK!
The only QPR game when I have left early. But, let me think. Did that game actually happen, or, was it something like that long dream in 'Dallas'.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 pm

krama wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:25 pm
Montag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Three league games into the season and already the numpties want McLaren replaced...unbelievable really.
Don't be rude. That's not what I said. Were you there yesterday?
Apologies, it wasn't actually aimed at you personally but unless I read it wrongly you said something about hoping Cardiff do badly and we grab Warnock back....to me that screams of wanting McClaren sacked...no?

Thank you. Not quite what I meant. I suggested that the players and manager need to react - if not, THEN we'd have to grab NW if he gets culled from Cardiff. That's a little way off. I think we have to give SM a chance to repair things and straighten these players out but if he can't then nature must take it's course and he will be replaced and NW is, for me the best option. Time will tell but that 2nd half was a disgrace. An average WBA made us look like a pub team. It was only a few months ago that we beat Villa away and ruined their chances of automatic promotion.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Do you think NW will return to QPR on the money that SMC is on and no transfer budget? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 pm
krama wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:25 pm
Montag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Don't be rude. That's not what I said. Were you there yesterday?
Apologies, it wasn't actually aimed at you personally but unless I read it wrongly you said something about hoping Cardiff do badly and we grab Warnock back....to me that screams of wanting McClaren sacked...no?

Thank you. Not quite what I meant. I suggested that the players and manager need to react - if not, THEN we'd have to grab NW if he gets culled from Cardiff. That's a little way off. I think we have to give SM a chance to repair things and straighten these players out but if he can't then nature must take it's course and he will be replaced and NW is, for me the best option. Time will tell but that 2nd half was a disgrace. An average WBA made us look like a pub team. It was only a few months ago that we beat Villa away and ruined their chances of automatic promotion.
Of the 11 who started that game (Villa away) - two (Onouha and Smithies have gone - two big losses in my opinion), one (Furlong) is injured and one (Manning) is out on loan. In addition Perch (who came on from the bench) has also left. That is a third of the team, including two key players in the goal keeper and the captain.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm

I’ve still not got over it. I tried to start writing something up but it turned into a rambling mess, so I thought best not to!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the first half was actually very good.

But in all my years following QPR up and down the country - that was the worst, most pathetic, sickening, 45 minutes of football that I’ve ever witnessed.

A truly horrible day.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss