Tony

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Post Reply
User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Tony

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45143304

Did the Freeman issue play a part?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Tony

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:18 pm

We have been very cool about this announcement. Wanting more detail, I suppose.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Tony

Post by IJM » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Good riddance I say. His time at QPR has been nothing short of financial suicide which in main is the reason we are in such a mess today.

I don't think I can recall a Chairman who has been so inept in the role at QPR. He should stick to his commercial airline and I applaud him for his success at that, but his fiddling in the sports arena in both F1 and football has been a clueless exercise and no wonder people have been rubbing their hands with glee when dealing with Uncle Tone - he has had his back pocket pinched on numerous ocassions.

Cheerio Tony, there is a club at the Olympic Stadium waiting for a mug like you.

xian
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: london
Contact:

Re: Tony

Post by xian » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Gosh that his harsh. He made mistakes but has attempted to remedy them. We have a strong management team and are moving in the right direction. Your statement is ridiculous given that TF has just saved the club by agreeing to pay the insane fine. He could have walked away and left QPR heading for the Conference. And you have to be careful what you ask for --- there are numerous worse chairmen in both the Prem and Championship

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Whitton

Re: Tony

Post by whittonhoop » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm

I’ll always judge by intent, I don’t think anyone could have ever questioned Tony’s intent for QPR.

He’s had a number of times he could have left in the last few years, there’s been a huge write off of debt (not just the ffp thing).

He has also given us a couple of great moments, which will live long in the memory. Some poor judgement maybe, potentially some very poor guidance, but never a question he wanted the best for us.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6324
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Tony

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

This ^^^^^^^

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3396
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Tony

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm
This ^^^^^^^
This again ^^^^^^^^^^
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Tony

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:00 am

IJM wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm
Cheerio Tony, there is a club at the Olympic Stadium waiting for a mug like you.

Uncle Tony originally was after Wet Spam before us.... The Porn barons weren't willing to sell
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Tony

Post by IJM » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am

xian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Gosh that his harsh. He made mistakes but has attempted to remedy them. We have a strong management team and are moving in the right direction. Your statement is ridiculous given that TF has just saved the club by agreeing to pay the insane fine. He could have walked away and left QPR heading for the Conference. And you have to be careful what you ask for --- there are numerous worse chairmen in both the Prem and Championship
The FFP fine was incurred because of TF's financial mismanagement in the first place , so I do not buy into the spin that he is saving us by agreeing to pay the fine.
Whether we like it/agree to FFP or not the fact remains that QPR cheated or bent the rules to achieve TF's dream of a return to the Prem. His decisions to replace Warnock with 'Arry and then spending money on transfers and wages on a whole host of 'stars' ranging from Caesar in goal to Barton, Kranjar, Bosingwa, the two Chilean players, the Chinese chap from United (sorry I can't remember all the names now) etc etc was a recipe for financial disaster for which we are now paying the penalty.
My latest gripe is replacing Ollie with SM but then not being able to add to the squad, why ?

In another post I see it is rumoured that Amit is to return as Chairman, lets just hope that is true bwcause TF's reign has been a joke.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am
Location: Garden of England

Re: Tony

Post by krama » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am
xian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Gosh that his harsh. He made mistakes but has attempted to remedy them. We have a strong management team and are moving in the right direction. Your statement is ridiculous given that TF has just saved the club by agreeing to pay the insane fine. He could have walked away and left QPR heading for the Conference. And you have to be careful what you ask for --- there are numerous worse chairmen in both the Prem and Championship
The FFP fine was incurred because of TF's financial mismanagement in the first place , so I do not buy into the spin that he is saving us by agreeing to pay the fine.
Whether we like it/agree to FFP or not the fact remains that QPR cheated or bent the rules to achieve TF's dream of a return to the Prem. His decisions to replace Warnock with 'Arry and then spending money on transfers and wages on a whole host of 'stars' ranging from Caesar in goal to Barton, Kranjar, Bosingwa, the two Chilean players, the Chinese chap from United (sorry I can't remember all the names now) etc etc was a recipe for financial disaster for which we are now paying the penalty.
My latest gripe is replacing Ollie with SM but then not being able to add to the squad, why ?

In another post I see it is rumoured that Amit is to return as Chairman, lets just hope that is true bwcause TF's reign has been a joke.
….or the crucial fact of somebody's nationality it seems.....The CHINESE chap!!!!!! naughty
He was South Korean and his name was Ji-sung Park.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Tony

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 pm

IJM wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm
Good riddance I say. His time at QPR has been nothing short of financial suicide which in main is the reason we are in such a mess today.

I don't think I can recall a Chairman who has been so inept in the role at QPR. He should stick to his commercial airline and I applaud him for his success at that, but his fiddling in the sports arena in both F1 and football has been a clueless exercise and no wonder people have been rubbing their hands with glee when dealing with Uncle Tone - he has had his back pocket pinched on numerous ocassions.

Cheerio Tony, there is a club at the Olympic Stadium waiting for a mug like you.
I agree with Xian, you're assessment of Fernandes is stupid, there are horrible chairmen about only too ready to flog
Loftus Road, build "luxury" flats and allow QPR to stadium share with say Wimbledon.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: Tony

Post by beaglebum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am
xian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Gosh that his harsh. He made mistakes but has attempted to remedy them. We have a strong management team and are moving in the right direction. Your statement is ridiculous given that TF has just saved the club by agreeing to pay the insane fine. He could have walked away and left QPR heading for the Conference. And you have to be careful what you ask for --- there are numerous worse chairmen in both the Prem and Championship
The FFP fine was incurred because of TF's financial mismanagement in the first place , so I do not buy into the spin that he is saving us by agreeing to pay the fine.
Whether we like it/agree to FFP or not the fact remains that QPR cheated or bent the rules to achieve TF's dream of a return to the Prem. His decisions to replace Warnock with 'Arry and then spending money on transfers and wages on a whole host of 'stars' ranging from Caesar in goal to Barton, Kranjar, Bosingwa, the two Chilean players, the Chinese chap from United (sorry I can't remember all the names now) etc etc was a recipe for financial disaster for which we are now paying the penalty.
My latest gripe is replacing Ollie with SM but then not being able to add to the squad, why ?

In another post I see it is rumoured that Amit is to return as Chairman, lets just hope that is true bwcause TF's reign has been a joke.

Whoa. Be careful what you wish for. Can you really blame him for not having a stab at being a sustainable premier team? Leicester sacked their manager as did Southampton and both went on to better things. How on earth that happened remains a mystery when you consider that TF replaced Warnock with a successful premier Manager (Hughes) and replaced him with an even more successful manager (Redknapp) but on both occasions was badly let down by their judgement. Had we survived in the premier under Redknapp, with the likes of Remy in the side we still might be there now. Who knows. Yes the board's decision to sack Holloway (and it wasn't just TF's decision) still remains baffling, but I fear for the future of the club if he walks away until we know more about what's happening behind the scenes.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Tony

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm
….or the crucial fact of somebody's nationality it seems.....The CHINESE chap!!!!!! naughty
He was South Korean and his name was Ji-sung Park.

His actual name is.. Park Ji-sung ...

They got it the wrong way round when he went to ManUre but he was so polite he didn't correct them and it stuck....

A three legged racehorse that was only a starter for ManUre when their matches were streaming live in the far east...

Paid that red nosed reeky muddy-mettled haggard £2M for the privilege of seeing him top the opta stats for metres covered in a match (alas with the other team having the ball instead of us).
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Tony

Post by IJM » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm

krama wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm
IJM wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am
xian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Gosh that his harsh. He made mistakes but has attempted to remedy them. We have a strong management team and are moving in the right direction. Your statement is ridiculous given that TF has just saved the club by agreeing to pay the insane fine. He could have walked away and left QPR heading for the Conference. And you have to be careful what you ask for --- there are numerous worse chairmen in both the Prem and Championship
The FFP fine was incurred because of TF's financial mismanagement in the first place , so I do not buy into the spin that he is saving us by agreeing to pay the fine.
Whether we like it/agree to FFP or not the fact remains that QPR cheated or bent the rules to achieve TF's dream of a return to the Prem. His decisions to replace Warnock with 'Arry and then spending money on transfers and wages on a whole host of 'stars' ranging from Caesar in goal to Barton, Kranjar, Bosingwa, the two Chilean players, the Chinese chap from United (sorry I can't remember all the names now) etc etc was a recipe for financial disaster for which we are now paying the penalty.
My latest gripe is replacing Ollie with SM but then not being able to add to the squad, why ?

In another post I see it is rumoured that Amit is to return as Chairman, lets just hope that is true bwcause TF's reign has been a joke.
….or the crucial fact of somebody's nationality it seems.....The CHINESE chap!!!!!! naughty
He was South Korean and his name was Ji-sung Park.
Sorry no disrespect intended its just that we had so many incomings and outgpings every transfer window its hard to remember all their names now, especially as none of them really brought anything to the pitch did they ?

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am
Location: Garden of England

Re: Tony

Post by krama » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:45 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm
krama wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm
IJM wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am


The FFP fine was incurred because of TF's financial mismanagement in the first place , so I do not buy into the spin that he is saving us by agreeing to pay the fine.
Whether we like it/agree to FFP or not the fact remains that QPR cheated or bent the rules to achieve TF's dream of a return to the Prem. His decisions to replace Warnock with 'Arry and then spending money on transfers and wages on a whole host of 'stars' ranging from Caesar in goal to Barton, Kranjar, Bosingwa, the two Chilean players, the Chinese chap from United (sorry I can't remember all the names now) etc etc was a recipe for financial disaster for which we are now paying the penalty.
My latest gripe is replacing Ollie with SM but then not being able to add to the squad, why ?

In another post I see it is rumoured that Amit is to return as Chairman, lets just hope that is true bwcause TF's reign has been a joke.
….or the crucial fact of somebody's nationality it seems.....The CHINESE chap!!!!!! naughty
He was South Korean and his name was Ji-sung Park.
Sorry no disrespect intended its just that we had so many incomings and outgpings every transfer window its hard to remember all their names now, especially as none of them really brought anything to the pitch did they ?
I know, I was just pulling your plonker....I agree though, none of that lot you mentioned pulled up any trees really did they, although Park seemed to care and put in a shift, but he was past his sell by when he came....and AF knew that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bear-Grills, Google [Bot] and 34 guests