Tony Tweets

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Tony Tweets

Post by Rbee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

@LoftforWords twitter willl be an endless debate. Right or wrong it’s how I am. From Crisis in AirAsia I have always believe in being transparent. But my time as chairman is fast coming to a close. So I’m sure there will be less.

@LoftforWords we tried hard for centreback and we wil continue. But one player felt the championship was to hard other one was offered a 3 year deal at a wage we were not prepared to do.

@LoftforWords Offer from Birmigham and middelsborough were real. Didn’t meet our expectations and neither did we want to weaken our squad. We are ahead of the curve in FFP. Clubs may learn the hard way next season. Club has to be sustainable .

@LoftforWords the priority was to sign up our young players. I got a lot of abuse for that. Quickly forgotten as you pointed and to be continue to build. Loans can be transferred to permanent by the way.

@LoftforWords got a good ceo who tries and cares and good backroom staff and shareholders that care. We Look forward not backwards.

@LoftforWords academy is in a good position and is getting better. I can’t do much on UK planning or local goverment . We could and should have had a trainning ground and stadium by now and lots of affordable housing.

I’m very proud of our squad and the work ethic . We will strengthen . But give them you best support. Be positive. Come on you rsssssss

@LoftforWords good luck to all of us this season. Been an honor and lots of fun and pain Hahahaha . Wish us luck in the loan window. I love our squad and it will only get better. Signing off now.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Tony Tweets

Post by 222gers » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

Enjoyable.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am

Everything he has written makes sense: looks like he's stepping down as chairman.
Lex Talionis........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am

While some of his timing on tweets might not be great, I think his heart is in the right place - cannot believe some of the flak in his direction. Leaves himself more accessible than most club chairman and he gets slated for that too.

Fair assessment and comment from him in there - wonder where all our keyboard warriors will voice their frustrations without Tony...

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am
While some of his timing on tweets might not be great, I think his heart is in the right place - cannot believe some of the flak in his direction. Leaves himself more accessible than most club chairman and he gets slated for that too.

Fair assessment and comment from him in there - wonder where all our keyboard warriors will voice their frustrations without Tony...
Don't worry they will have replacements already lined up, bet on it. SMC, Evil Tottnum Les, Yankee Hoos... they will never be happy with what goes on at the club no matter how it turns out. When you go looking for shit, you'll find it.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am
When you go looking for shit, you'll find it.
We shall see how that pans out

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Dave Mc thinks Amit Bhatia could take over from Fernandes: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... tia-100818 Would be a good move if he does.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Excellent move if true

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Until things didn't go the way the fans wanted - another magnet for social media abuse ....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm
Until things didn't go the way the fans wanted - another magnet for social media abuse ....
You say fans... but... are they? are they really?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 am

I'd love Amit back as the "front man" .... Him and Ishan ran the club as a business....

Happy with Hoos and even Ferdinand to continue in their roles...

Sorry bye Tony.. thanks for the memory (Wembley 2014)
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:36 pm

But what did Amit ever do? He talked to the fans but that was at a time when tango and cash were the enemies. The fact that Amit has been quiet ever since does worry me. So is it just a case of bringing back a popular face to appease the fans?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:57 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:36 pm
But what did Amit ever do? He talked to the fans but that was at a time when tango and cash were the enemies. The fact that Amit has been quiet ever since does worry me. So is it just a case of bringing back a popular face to appease the fans?
Watch the 4 year plan and yes he was the front man for tango and cash but both him and Ishan were professional and business like unlike Uncle Tony whose seemingly the front man for Ruben now?
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....